Video: "Superhero" Thai man strips to his underwear to save dog from drowning

webfact

Video: "Superhero" Thai man strips to his underwear to save dog from drowning

3am.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

PHAYAO: -- Thai netizens praised a man in droves after he was filmed stripping to his underwear to dive into a flooded river to save a dog in distress.

Half a million people viewed the video of the rescue in the swollen Pee River in Chiang Muan district of Phayao in Thailand's northern region.

The poster of the clip - Natdanai Janta, 23, said he and the hero of the hour Bunthawee Moonsri, 53, were on their way to work at the local council.

They saw the dog being swept away and obviously in trouble.

Without a care for his own safety Bunthawee stripped down to his undies and jumped in to save the dog while his mate filmed the

dramatic rescue.

Following the rescue the dog showed his appreciation by running off but they heard later that he was fine and back safe and sound with his owner.

Thai Rath called Bunthawee a "superhero" for his brave actions but asked him, was he not afraid of being swept away himself?:

"A dog's life is valuable just like my own," he said modestly. "I just wanted to help the dog and I wasn't thinking about any danger to me.

"But I have to admit there was a moment after entering the water when I thought I might be in trouble".

Fortunately it all turned out happily with thousands of Thais online praising Bunthawee's selfless actions.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-07-21

6 minutes ago, jaywalker said:

Should have tossed him a rope...with a cinder block attached to it.

Sir, I hope when you are in trouble somebody throws you a cinder block at you, without the rope.

7 minutes ago, Suzy said:

Sir, I hope when you are in trouble somebody throws you a cinder block at you, without the rope.

My heart bleeds. Thailand had maybe half a billion dogs. They could do with a few less.

Just now, webfact said:

Thai Rath called Bunthawee a "superhero"

Super power being.......? Looked like he was in more trouble than the the dog. He's hanging on to the log looking a wee worried and the dog actually swims over to him.

12 hours ago, jaywalker said:

My heart bleeds. Thailand had maybe half a billion dogs. They could do with a few less.

And look a dog drown, you -kind-   :blink::bah::annoyed::angry::vampire:

Edited by ALFREDO

2 hours ago, jaywalker said:

I have 3 dogs. Nothing wrong with dogs. It's the half a billion strays that irk me.

Yes, nothing wrong with dogs - right, only with you, you no animal or dogs lover you are just :bah:

On ‎21‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 4:31 AM, webfact said:

"Superhero"

Well done to this man. Unfortunately Thailand can only afford one Superhero and that happens to be the PM so we will have to call him something else. Otherwise you know who might throw a tanty.