Phone calls UK to thailand

39 minutes ago, salavan said:

do they have wi fi in the library i have line on my phone

One option is to get a call/data sim. Then you can use the internet and your Line.

GIFFGAFF have good deals and the sim is FREE

Their rate for calling a Thailand mobile is 6p a minute.

Not bad for a 10/20/30 min chat.

11 hours ago, salavan said:

do they have wi fi in the library i have line on my phone

Yes, most libraries if not all do.

However, talking on any form of phone connection is not really polite in a library and, generally the computers / internet facilities are in the normal books area.

You have to book a 'time to use computer' in advance if it is a busy library.    The library I used when I spent a few months in the UK had booking machines just inside the main door.

Time may be limited to one hour.

If you just want to chat then it would be simpler etc to use LINE, assuming the person you wish to chat to also has the same program.

Enjoy your stay in the UK.

Take care.

8 hours ago, samuijimmy said:

Whatsup, I think is better than Line...  Calls I have made overseas are as clear as if in the next room....providing wifi good at both ends...

Surely there are Internet cafes in the UK now too? :whistling:

Not where I live! Thay can't make them pay, too many... Cheap Charlie using FREE Wi-Fi hot spots  .:cheesy:

Back in Aus, I would go to the local newsagent, they sell a lot of stuff for overseas calling, and they would give me a $10 Oasis card, it would give me 4 hours of talk time, all I had to do was call a local number, then follow the prompts and then put in the number I was dialling, and when I finished the conversation, it would tell me how much talk time I had left. So maybe try the local newsagent if your not using internet, but internet is cheap as chips today and the LINE app is best as its free.

2 hours ago, oldgent said:

did,nt know a thai phone worked in the UK

As long as you either swap to a uk sim or have roaming enabled on your thai sim (expensive to use).The actual handset is no problem as most Thai phones are not "tied" to a network.