Getting tourist visa on arrival with deportation stamp in passport

13 hours ago, lkv said:

I personally know two cases of people being deported and  banned from Thailand under section 12.7 that have been entering Malaysia with no issues over the last 5 years with a new passport.

I also am aware of an overstayer that got deported with a 5 year ban, that person had no problem whatsoever entering Cambodia. This last one is recent.

Both Malaysia and Cambodia are ASEAN.

Systems are not linked.

Let's stop the speculation.

You are speculating and telling people to stop speculating!

Just because your friends were let in other countries does not prove anything, it's not relevant to the OP's situation, or confirm that the systems aren't linked. 

I dont believe they share this kind of information, but it's better to assume they do, and plan accordingly, rather than rely on your twisted logic and advice.

56 minutes ago, elviajero said:

You are speculating and telling people to stop speculating!

Just because your friends were let in other countries does not prove anything, it's not relevant to the OP's situation, or confirm that the systems aren't linked. 

I dont believe they share this kind of information, but it's better to assume they do, and plan accordingly, rather than rely on your twisted logic and advice.

Sorry, but I am not an Immigration officer, and neither are you.

I am basing my assumption on some facts. Although my assumption may be incorrect.

When making these type of comments I am always putting myself in that person's shoes thinking...what would I do?

What I would do is change my passport (to avoid visual identification of a deportation stamp) and attempt to enter Thailand.

What are you basing your assumption on, when you say, let's assume they do? 

And if we assume they do, plan accordingly what exactly?

Edited by lkv

Do you think the cost of a replacement passport is worth it just for a tourist dash through the country while it is in mourning and under the control of a military junta with a strong sense of xenophobia to massage and promote?

On 7/22/2017 at 9:28 PM, tonray said:

I doubt there is any sharing of information unless you are an international money launderer or pervert

Then again, these characteristics might make you a more attractive proposition as a visitor.

1 hour ago, lkv said:

Sorry, but I am not an Immigration officer, and neither are you.

I am basing my assumption on some facts. Although my assumption may be incorrect.

When making these type of comments I am always putting myself in that person's shoes thinking...what would I do?

What I would do is change my passport (to avoid visual identification of a deportation stamp) and attempt to enter Thailand.

What are you basing your assumption on, when you say, let's assume they do? 

And if we assume they do, plan accordingly what exactly?

Assuming they do is simply assuming worst case scenario.

I too would change my passport and attempt to enter Thailand. But I would enter assuming I'm going to be denied entry and have a flight back out pre-booked, or have the means to be able to book a fight out quickly so I spend the minimum time in detention.