S.M.A.R.T. Soldiers Sought To Set Example For Society

snoop1130

S.M.A.R.T. Soldiers Sought To Set Example For Society

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

smart.hed_-696x435.jpg

Image: Smart Man Smart Soldier / Facebook

BANGKOK — Soldiers of all ranks and services are being asked to submit their photos for a contest the army hopes will boost the public’s perception of the men in green.

Conceived by the Royal Thai Army’s commander-in-chief himself, the latest public relations campaign encourages soldiers to show they are SMART, which in this case is an acronym for “Strength, Morality, Ability, Respect and Technology.”

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2017/07/24/s-m-r-t-soldiers-sought-set-example-society/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-7-24

“It’s a model for today’s soldiers,” army spokesman Winthai Suvaree said. “Looking good is not enough. They must also improve themselves.”

I wasn't aware that looking good was ever part of the job spec. 

“WOW WOW WOW Let Go…… [sic]” wrote the Songkhla office for the Internal Security Operation Command, a counter-insurgency agency answering to the prime minister."

Good to see they are focused on what's important. 

Edited by Bluespunk

I think this could turn into a TV series, after all, the soldiers are all handsome and the ladies might appreciate that.

Perhaps they could call it "The Army Game". You'd have to be at least 70 to remember that one.

But of course that was 60 years ago and the UK had been out of the war for 10 years. I'm not sure how long the Thai military has been out of their war.

This is all part of the transition from what was a democracy to total militarism. 

Definition of militarism:

The tendency to regard military efficiently as the supreme ideal of the state and to subordinate all other interests to those of the military.

Now do we all know where this country is headed? 

10 minutes ago, Cadbury said:

This is all part of the transition from what was a democracy to total militarism. 

The tendency to regard military efficiently as the supreme ideal of the state and to subordinate all other interests to those of the military.

"Plan B"  is starting to look more tempting with every passing day.  This domination coupled with low wages and previous periods of high inflation, creates a populace that can easily be bent into towing the line. It's not a case of volition but of survival.

These will be the military poster boys who will be touring the primary schools to show the little ones that Prayut's armed services are the best in the world. All part of the 20 year indoctrination plan.

18 minutes ago, Cadbury said:

These will be the military poster boys who will be touring the primary schools to show the little ones that Prayut's armed services are the best in the world. All part of the 20 year indoctrination plan.

A gaze at my crystal balls tells me that my daughter will be off school sick that day. She already believes (in) quite enough claptrap as it is...

3 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

I think this could turn into a TV series, after all, the soldiers are all handsome and the ladies might appreciate that.

Perhaps they could call it "The Army Game". You'd have to be at least 70 to remember that one.

But of course that was 60 years ago and the UK had been out of the war for 10 years. I'm not sure how long the Thai military has been out of their war.

A take in Dads Army. Don't panic

When the enemy (the ones that the submarines,tanks and planes were bought to use against )

see the S.M.A.R.T. Thai military they are going to shit themselves,so buying all that hardware

was a waste of money.

regards worgeordie

2 hours ago, worgeordie said:

When the enemy (the ones that the submarines,tanks and planes were bought to use against )

see the S.M.A.R.T. Thai military they are going to shit themselves,so buying all that hardware

was a waste of money.

regards worgeordie

Yes, shit themselves laughing!

Just now, cmsally said:

"Plan B"  is starting to look more tempting with every passing day.  This domination coupled with low wages and previous periods of high inflation, creates a populace that can easily be bent into towing the line. It's not a case of volition but of survival.

Every foreigner here who isn't delusional should have a Plan B. 

It's going to get a whole lot worse.

9 hours ago, Cadbury said:

not headed ! arrived already 

“It’s a model for today’s soldiers,” army spokesman Winthai Suvaree said. “Looking good is not enough. They must also improve themselves.”

I wasn't aware that looking good was ever part of the job spec. 

Looking good is absolutely central to the job spec.