Come to South Pattaya and die - Thai media warn tourists as metal sheets and iron rains down on the street

webfact

Come to South Pattaya and die - Thai media warn tourists as metal sheets and iron rains down on the street

5pm.jpg

Picture: TNews

Tnews said that not just injury awaits tourists in Pattaya - they could die.

The situation at a building site in Soi VC was worse than ever yesterday as more lumps of corrugated iron and iron bars fell off a building being torn down in the area.

5pm2.jpg

And if anyone was in any doubt about the danger a video showed great lumps of metal swaying precariously in the storm winds on Monday just waiting to fall off and injure people.

5pm1.jpg

The story had already hit the news last week but pattaya News featured a video posted by Wikrit Yapyang who called on the contractors to do something as more stuff fell into the soi.

Tnews reporters went to investigate and said the situation was perilous. If something fell on a tourist they might not just be

injured - they could easily die in such an accident.

Source: TNews

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-07-25

8 minutes ago, webfact said:

Tnews reporters went to investigate and said the situation was perilous. If something fell on a tourist they might not just be

injured - they could easily die in such an accident

We are talking tourists here right. So what is the big deal if a tourist gets killed? Tourists die everyday in Pattaya one or two more makes no difference.

All part of having no standards in place and the control of the standards. 

One day it will be a lot better here after a few things are changed. 

1st education system needs a complete overhaul. Explain and demonstrate why things have to change while still maintaining their cultural heritage and identity. 

We are talking about a couple of generations at least I think...

20 minutes ago, NormanW said:

Explain and demonstrate why things have to change while still maintaining their cultural heritage and identity. 

Also delete "Mai Pen Rai" from their vocabulary.

Just add it to the list.

Still more chance being killed by some idiot in a truck, on a motorbike, with a gun, in a bar, outside a bar, on the way to or from a bar, while swimming, while in a speed boat, while in a police cell, etc, etc, etc.......

So "Turd-aya" hits the news again...the world class family resort.....

As of today, you are either going to be skewered or sliced in half with stuff falling off a building site...or be seriously infected with god knows what after gulping down (inadvertently) a mouth full of sea water containing somebody else's poo while swimming in the sea...

........."Tnews reporters went to investigate and said the situation was perilous. If something fell on a tourist they might not just be

injured - they could easily die in such an accident........."

...and what about Thai people....????

5 hours ago, lovelomsak said:

We are talking tourists here right. So what is the big deal if a tourist gets killed? Tourists die everyday in Pattaya one or two more makes no difference.

Oh that's cynical.  But they usually suicide or do really dumb things and so deserve it.  Man this is just walking to your hotel after dinner out and being sliced in 2 by a sheet of falling roofing Iron.  That's different, surely?

6 hours ago, lovelomsak said:

You will be the next one in Pattaya or somewhere else and still make no difference....

2 hours ago, KIWIBATCH said:

........."Tnews reporters went to investigate and said the situation was perilous. If something fell on a tourist they might not just be

They'll be OK as long as they've paid their dues at the local Wat!

7 hours ago, NormanW said:

All part of having no standards in place and the control of the standards. 

One day it will be a lot better here after a few things are changed. 

1st education system needs a complete overhaul. Explain and demonstrate why things have to change while still maintaining their cultural heritage and identity. 

We are talking about a couple of generations at least I think...

Bang on.

Just sad that we probably won't see it in our lifetimes. 

This happens infrequently at major high rise construction sites throughout the "developed" world. Strict safety codes are in place to aleviate potential dangers.

But here in Thailand??? Is there even a safety protocol to follow? I doubt it.

Common sense does not exist here at all.

9 hours ago, lonewolf99 said:

Glad to hear that locals and long term ex-pats are not in danger.

As far as I know there are only 2 ethnic groups of tourists in that Soi and their nationalities start with the letters I and A.......

......I take you mean Irish and Australian ?   !!!!!

5 hours ago, KIWIBATCH said:

So "Turd-aya" hits the news again...the world class family resort.....

As of today, you are either going to be skewered or sliced in half with stuff falling off a building site...or be seriously infected with god knows what after gulping down (inadvertently) a mouth full of sea water containing somebody else's poo while swimming in the sea...

I won't be skewered or sliced in half as no wish to go there again but some folk might take a chance.

7 hours ago, KIWIBATCH said:

What, you think Pattaya doesn't see Thai tourists? That apart, if the Thais made a great deal more fuss about these issues and the morons responsible, there would be less of them. 

hmmm....why not ?We have death island(Ko Tau), death beach@ Ko Samui and now we can have  death by pieces of steel@ Pattaya . I suggest this should incorporated in the mission statement of Thai tourism.....TIT

I have seen building material come off a high rise in Bangkok during a storm. In Asia

there have been some improvements during construction, but not all ompanies make the

effort to be safe.  I guess in South Pattaya that company is one of those.

Geezer