Son-in law kills his wife's dad with her gun in a hail of bullets

webfact

So, you have the victim, the shooter, the shooter's father, the guy who called the shooter to tell him the victim was on his way to kill the shooter's father, and the shooter's wife who owned the gun used by the shooter.  And no mention of whether the victim was armed, just the shooter saying that the victim reached into his pocket before he (the shooter) opened up.

No telling how long this apparent land dispute has been festering.  

49 minutes ago, sklmeeera said:

Maybe we are getting somewhere with you . Now whats the next step ? If someone has a flash of madness uncontrollable rage and there is a gun there ...ok . Now in the same situation no gun , hes got to find a knife or bat and come close and get personal ,smell his victims breath . Its a different thing altogether than pulling a trigger like in a computer game .It is far more unlikely to result in a fatality .

No, he goes to see FIL smiles says "hey lets  talk about this, im sorry " then when FIL back is turned stabs  him to death with concealed knife.

35 minutes ago, DLang said:

Could be that the daughter is the winner. 

She possibly gets the land and gets rid of a lunatic husband, all in one play. 

nah the dispute festers on for another 10 years between deceaseds  family and the other family then history repeats itself

Perhaps if there was no gun available then the father in law would not have been murdered.

I agree did anyone see that road rage incident with the bus driver and motorist? The bus driver got out with his big sword - the motorist took it off him and half killed him with it.

No sword in the first place then 2 happier people I reckon. Now one half dead the other one slammed up (if he can't pay his way out of it)

Sent from my SM-J710F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Sure, one could totally ban all guns but what if the crazy crap took hold of say a bottle or a sword to kill his father-in-law?

Still, getting guns off the streets and absolutely providing no access to their purchase could reduce fatalities in some countries where people just cannot control their impulsivity...

Handling and possessing guns is partially a cultural issue...some societies can  live peacefully under highly liberal laws in gun possession, and others cannot...

Edited by observer90210

10 hours ago, sklmeeera said:

""""The gun did not DO IT!!!!!!!! """

Can you read ??? Or did the bullets come out of his finger ??? . Gun crime should be punished with mandatory life imprisonment . There is absolutely NO legitimate reason for anyone to have a gun .  

are you from the UK by any chance? (I love my UK friends, I have many here in Thailand)

do you see the irony of someone from the UK telling Americans we should not have guns?

gun ownership in the USA is to defend the Constitution against the government.

Try staging a military coup in the USA, see what happens.

I own a Glock 27 and a AK-47 with thousands of rounds of Ammo. It is no big deal.

I am not going to kill anyone.

(man I am going to get the sh*t quoted out of me.)

Edited by NCC1701A

I used to have amongst others, a legally owned HK Mp5K....but I legally sold them all away lately!!...too much worry of theft back home while away travelling hunting the chesty cuties fat East!!!:cheesy:

Edited by observer90210

11 hours ago, sklmeeera said:

""""The gun did not DO IT!!!!!!!! """

Can you read ??? Or did the bullets come out of his finger ??? . Gun crime should be punished with mandatory life imprisonment . There is absolutely NO legitimate reason for anyone to have a gun .  

Perhaps you would be happier living in Paris where they have the strictest gun control laws in the world.  Only one tiny problem...

Terrorists just love "soft" targets. They can kill hundreds before the police arrive.

I have zero problem with you and your family being defenseless victims. I prefer to have weapons to protect my family.

Edited by Watchful

11 hours ago, sklmeeera said:

Maybe we are getting somewhere with you . Now whats the next step ? If someone has a flash of madness uncontrollable rage and there is a gun there ...ok . Now in the same situation no gun , hes got to find a knife or bat and come close and get personal ,smell his victims breath . Its a different thing altogether than pulling a trigger like in a computer game .It is far more unlikely to result in a fatality .

If you believe that pulling the trigger of a gun with the intent of trying to kill or seriously injure a person is like playing a computer game then it's safe to guess that you have zero experience of being put in a position where the need to kill someone could become very real very quickly.

Believe me, firing a weapon at someone close range with the intent of killing them or doing them serious injury feels nothing like being in a video game. Your comments show a lack of experience and understanding of such a situation and neglects pragmatism in favor of moral idealism, though the moral aspect is probably for the sake of argument, your naivety on the subject is most certainly real.

Just now, jaywalker said:

The crazy PERSON committed the murder! Not the gun!!!!

The crazy person had a gun. The crazy person pulled the trigger of a gun. The bullets came from a gun. The crazy person murdered with a gun.

Lots of crazy people in Thailand. Lots of guns in Thailand.

Edited by dinsdale

19 hours ago, sklmeeera said:

Isnt that a bit more grovelling than if you had your gun with you eh ?

The point is give a kid a gun and he becomes this big macho sack of horse manure . Mandatory prison sentence for carrying guns and other lethal weapons . No excuses . Lock the scum up .

Yeah...pass that law.

And I hope that you don't drive as cars are lethal weapons that kill more people in, well everywhere (except I think Somalia where cars are a lot less common), than guns per year.

7 hours ago, Nord X said:

If you believe that pulling the trigger of a gun with the intent of trying to kill or seriously injure a person is like playing a computer game then it's safe to guess that you have zero experience of being put in a position where the need to kill someone could become very real very quickly.

Believe me, firing a weapon at someone close range with the intent of killing them or doing them serious injury feels nothing like being in a video game. Your comments show a lack of experience and understanding of such a situation and neglects pragmatism in favor of moral idealism, though the moral aspect is probably for the sake of argument, your naivety on the subject is most certainly real.

The term is empathy.

After all something like 50K rounds were fired for every confirmed kill in Vietnam.  And anyone who ascribes that to crappy weapons/training versus humans being hesitant to kill other humans is a bit insane.

On 25/07/2017 at 11:50 AM, Father Fintan Stack said:

Thailand has worse gun crime and more proliferation of weapons than the US.

I don't know..

Look at the numbers killed in Chicago every day! The police can't keep up.