Father slammed for letting 10-month-old baby play with steering wheel en route

webfact

Father slammed for letting 10-month-old baby play with steering wheel en route

(VIDEO)

By Coconuts Bangkok 

cc.jpg

NAKHON NAYOK: -- The father of a 10-month-old toddler was slammed for posting a video in which he let his daughter stand on his lap and play with steering wheel while he was driving home in Nakhon Nayok, a province northeast of Bangkok.

The video, which has drawn heavy criticism on Thai social media, shows the baby girl, named “Focus,” putting her tiny hands on the steering wheel instead of staying secured in her car seat.

Her father, Teerapat Duangdennakthong, 29, has been called a “moron” and a “murderer” by netizens after posting a video that he thought was light-hearted, although it clearly shows that he was controlling the steering wheel with one hand.

Full story: https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/father-slammed-letting-10-month-old-baby-play-steering-wheel-en-route-video/

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2017-07-25

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Irresponsible sh*t like this happens in a country where a lot of supposed adults display little more intellect than a  5-year-old child. A country run by infants, and populated by infants... we see it every day and the newspapers are full of mind-boggling stories attesting to the fact.

In Saudi it is a common everyday occurrence. So much so that we call babies over there Saudi Air Bags as they protect the Mother in the passenger seat who is just holding the infant, and they are between the Father and the steering wheel.

11 minutes ago, lucjoker said:

the kid seems a better driver than the father...................

You beat me to it, I was about to comment that the 10 month old was probably a better driver than most Thais on the road.

1 hour ago, AhFarangJa said:

In Saudi it is a common everyday occurrence. So much so that we call babies over there Saudi Air Bags as they protect the Mother in the passenger seat who is just holding the infant, and they are between the Father and the steering wheel.

Babies are commonly used as air bags on motorcycles here.

At 10 months old she is has 9 months start on most Thai drivers and now proably at Thai advanced driving standard  will just need some fine tuning on suicide u turns under taking over taking must get to the red light first.

Edited by sammieuk1

Proof, if ever it was needed, that this country has more than its fair share of numpties. And don't accuse me of Thai bashing, because it's a fact. Two days ago I was forced off the road by an idiot overtaking a lorry on a blind bend. Why on earth don't the powers that be use a little of their tv scheduling to incorporate short clips on sensible driving. Like, for instance, advising that headlights should be turned on in the rain, not to see but be seen. And that children have some form of protection. Where is the logic of the motorcyclist wearing a helmet and not the passenger? It's all about education which, in Thailand, is sadly lacking.

1 hour ago, cardinalblue said:

Just more proof that child car safety and driving in general are not taken seriously by those who inhabit the roads here...

I wonder if this driver is also one of those who drives his motorbike the wrong way b/c it's quicker to where I want to go?

He would and for sure baby gets to drive the bike too.

I know it's not responsible but I just wonder how many of these outraged netizens practice the same thing on a motorbike and if not why not make the same comments about that practice. It seems that until something is posted on social media nothing is said. 

A case of the pot calling the kettle black. 

Big deal we used to do this all the time in US when I was a kid ,check out link'

Title--  19-things-your-mom-did-that-no-mom-would-think-of-doing-now

http://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/parenting/19-things-your-mom-did-that-no-mom-would-think-of-doing-now/ss-AAopvB5?li=BBnb7Kz#image=1

LET YOU SIT BEHIND THE WHEEL OF THE CAR TO PRETEND YOU WERE DRIVING

What kid doesn't remember their mom letting them "steer" the car when they were little? It was especially dangerous since this was while she was driving on the freeway, without a seatbelt and smoking. Now we need only remember the public flogging Britney Spears got to make us afraid of even letting our kids touch the car when it's in the driveway.

3 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

Just more proof that child car safety and driving in general are not taken seriously by those who inhabit the roads here...

I wonder if this driver is also one of those who drives his motorbike the wrong way b/c it's quicker to where I want to go?

Let alone drive on the sidewalk instead of the ROAD where motorized VEHICLES BELONG!!!!

3 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

Irresponsible sh*t like this happens in a country where a lot of supposed adults display little more intellect than a  5-year-old child. A country run by infants, and populated by infants... we see it every day and the newspapers are full of mind-boggling stories attesting to the fact.

funny... this type of shit happens all over the world... you make it sound like stupidity is exclusive only to Thailand.  

What a very unfortunate name for the kid. If you tell someone to FOCUS, this is what you are implying:

F

Off

Cos

U

Stupid

Having an restrained child standing up in the front of a moving vehicle, is asking for karma to intervine and end the kids life in an accident. I dont see this practice ending here any time soon, just no law inforcement.