Where to stay in Bangkok

madmax2

We are going to bangkok next week to apply for a tourist visa for my wife to visit Australia

Have not been to bangkok for over 8 years, can anyone recommend a hotel in the vicinity of the trendy office building where the visa office is located or just a decent hotel in the 3 to 4 star range for a couple of nights stay not to far from the visa office

I put it in this forum because people from Phuket visit Bangkok and stop in hotels , bangkok residents do not.

34 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

There are dozens of Hotels in that vacinity, suggest you use "trip advisor" or similar for places in your budget and read the user reviews.

I have no idea where the visa office is located or what hotels are in the same area, that's why i asked the question, price is not a problem either

My Knowledge of Bangkok areas and hotels is zero

22 minutes ago, madmax2 said:

I have no idea where the visa office is located or what hotels are in the same area, that's why i asked the question, price is not a problem either

My Knowledge of Bangkok areas and hotels is zero

The Trendy building where most visa applications are processed is :

The Trendy Office Building, 28th Floor, Sukhumbvit Soi 13, Klongtoey-Nua, Wattana, Bangkok 10110

The Ruamchitt mentioned earlier is right there and looks nice from their website.

http://www.ruamchitt.com/en/

3 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

The Trendy building where most visa applications are processed is :

The Trendy Office Building, 28th Floor, Sukhumbvit Soi 13, Klongtoey-Nua, Wattana, Bangkok 10110

The Ruamchitt mentioned earlier is right there and looks nice from their website.

OK thank you i looked at their web site as well, sounds great and exactly what we want

Grand Business Inn, on Soi 11 just about 20 meters off Sukhumvit.

Been staying there since they opened over 10 years ago. Clean rooms, low rates, nice staff and a restaurant. A 30 second walk to the Nana BTS (important when it rains!), and about a 3 minute walk to the Trendy building.

My favorite hotel is the Aloft on soi 11. Situated further down the soi but very nice. Short walk to the Trendy on soi 13. Moreover, On 8 is a 3 star hotel at the opening of soi 11. 

16 hours ago, KhonKaenKowboy said:

Ruamchitt Travel Lodge has a nice rooftop pool.  Fair price, secure, good location.

If it's the same place, it's called Ruamchitt Plaza Hotel near Soi 15. And yes, it has a nice rooftop pool.

Archived