Are Farang coming here full time a thing of the past?

bkk6060

21 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Foreigners that refuse to accept their time has come to an end are deluded, end up overstaying and is why you see so many suicides etc 

Perhaps staying till they can't and then offing themselves is preferable to going back to some awful place just because it's the home country. Sometimes living is worse than death.

Really???

Going back to some awful place? We are not talking about people from Syria or the Yemen or even South Sudan!

What I found is those who couldn't face returning home when they've run out of funds were just scared, lazy and usually were awaiting a relatives death so they could carry on doing pretty much nothing but exist for the rest of their sorry lives... suicide is the cowards way out especially if based on the above....

Take a walk through a childrens cancer unit and then justify why they would take that route...

Life's what you make it I say....

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, lormakmak said:

Really???

Going back to some awful place? We are not talking about people from Syria or the Yemen or even South Sudan!

What I found is those who couldn't face returning home when they've run out of funds were just scared, lazy and usually were awaiting a relatives death so they could carry on doing pretty much nothing but exist for the rest of their sorry lives... suicide is the cowards way out especially if based on the above....

Take a walk through a childrens cancer unit and then justify why they would take that route...

You can call your life anything you like, but you're still existing until you die, just like everyone else. Sure, you try to give it purpose, which is just another form of existing, but you're making a job out of it.

You talk about children's cancer units. A lot of the "suiciders" here probably have cancer or are gravely ill, and are not interested in living their lives out in a hospital, even if they could afford it.

19 hours ago, lormakmak said:

Really???

Why is suicide the cowards way out. If you are 75+, maybe with cancer and in pain. Your life is pretty much ended. I would certainly kill myself than suffer for a few more years. My father lived as a vegetable in some UK "care" home and i wouldn't wish that end on anyone.

6 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Why is suicide the cowards way out. If you are 75+, maybe with cancer and in pain. Your life is pretty much ended. I would certainly kill myself than suffer for a few more years. My father lived as a vegetable in some UK "care" home and i wouldn't wish that end on anyone.

I concur!

Why should someone else decide whether someone lives or dies?

I thought it was their life?

20 hours ago, lormakmak said:

Really???

It is apparent that you have zero understanding of depression if you think that looking at people supposedly worse off is going to make us feel happy. Such a sight would only make the morbidly depressed person wish they had cancer, so the could get all the morphine they need and die without having to kill themselves.

just scared, lazy and usually were awaiting a relatives death so they could carry on doing pretty much nothing but exist for the rest of their sorry lives... suicide is the cowards way out especially if based on the above....

Attitudes like that are why some kill themselves.

On 7/26/2017 at 3:09 PM, champers said:

I am quite new here as a full-time retiree. I don't know whether you have noticed me or not; I am not sure if I have noticed you. For the next week only I will walk around town with a copy of the Nation tucked under my left arm. If you spot me I will buy you a pint, but only if you say: "You are Champers and I demand my free pint." Feel free to buy me one back if you like. Good hunting.

I don't drink I only like ladies, so do I demand a free piece of ......

On 7/29/2017 at 4:59 AM, inThailand said:

I concur!

Why should someone else decide whether someone lives or dies?

I thought it was their life?

decide all they want.... but you will find that most 'suicides or attempts' have no regard for those they are leaving behind or the people they are affecting in the process...

typical example is jumping in front of a train or off of a building, that involves innocent parties!

euthanasia on the other hand in a controlled enviroment... whole different ball game

On 7/29/2017 at 6:36 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

It is apparent that you have zero understanding of depression if you think that looking at people supposedly worse off is going to make us feel happy. Such a sight would only make the morbidly depressed person wish they had cancer, so the could get all the morphine they need and die without having to kill themselves.

just scared, lazy and usually were awaiting a relatives death so they could carry on doing pretty much nothing but exist for the rest of their sorry lives... suicide is the cowards way out especially if based on the above....

Attitudes like that are why some kill themselves.

post 100.... cheers

On 7/29/2017 at 4:50 AM, Henryford said:

post 100.... cheers

On 7/28/2017 at 9:55 AM, tropo said:

You can call your life anything you like, but you're still existing until you die, just like everyone else. Sure, you try to give it purpose, which is just another form of existing, but you're making a job out of it.

You talk about children's cancer units. A lot of the "suiciders" here probably have cancer or are gravely ill, and are not interested in living their lives out in a hospital, even if they could afford it.

post 100.... cheers

50 minutes ago, lormakmak said:

decide all they want.... but you will find that most 'suicides or attempts' have no regard for those they are leaving behind or the people they are affecting in the process...

typical example is jumping in front of a train or off of a building, that involves innocent parties!

euthanasia on the other hand in a controlled enviroment... whole different ball game

I don't recall one farang suicide in which others were injured or killed. It seems hanging, jumping, suffocating oneself, etc make up the bulk here.

18 minutes ago, inThailand said:

I don't recall one farang suicide in which others were injured or killed. It seems hanging, jumping, suffocating oneself, etc make up the bulk here.

really nice for those at the bottom of the building seeing someone land in front of them isn't it, even nicer for the people clearing that up...

Just now, lormakmak said:

really nice for those at the bottom of the building seeing someone land in front of them isn't it, even nicer for the people clearing that up...

They see worse here just in road carnage.

What's your choice of suicide method?

I stayed in Thailand for two and a half months last year, and I am convinced that I do not

want to stay in Thailand year round. For one thine the weather is too hot in March April

and even May. The rainy season this year has convinced me that I do not want to be in

most of Thailand during it as well. I guess I will just be a Winter visitor from End of October

to end of February.

Geezer

On 7/26/2017 at 7:17 PM, strikingsunset said:

I agree, then the ( not currently transparent) increase in alcohol taxes in September are looming

I can see a significant increase in Brew Your Own;

My friends and I have been discussing this for years and this looks to be the trigger on the new tax increase

11 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

I stayed in Thailand for two and a half months last year, and I am convinced that I do not

want to stay in Thailand year round. For one thine the weather is too hot in March April

and even May. The rainy season this year has convinced me that I do not want to be in

most of Thailand during it as well. I guess I will just be a Winter visitor from End of October

to end of February.

Geezer

LOL> please look carefully at these temperatures (in Pattaya) and tell me when it's cool. The average temperature varies only by 3C all year, from a bone chilling 29C in Nov - Jan, up to a searing 32C in April.  

I hated patts after a month and left. Seems exciting at first but the feeling soon wears off.

towards the end I would look up at empty condos along the beach at jomtien and hope I would never end up there without other options.

why did I leave?

Was not fun anymore

tired of being in bars

drinking too much and was not getting work done

tired of seeing old guys with prostitutes

tired of emotional immaturity of ladies and no genuine relationships

thai males were revolting and I was having trouble avoiding them

3 hours ago, Jim Turner Mad Punx said:

I hated patts after a month and left. Seems exciting at first but the feeling soon wears off.

towards the end I would look up at empty condos along the beach at jomtien and hope I would never end up there without other options.

why did I leave?

Was not fun anymore

tired of being in bars

drinking too much and was not getting work done

tired of seeing old guys with prostitutes

tired of emotional immaturity of ladies and no genuine relationships

thai males were revolting and I was having trouble avoiding them

Did you find the perfect place to live where you always have fun, don't go to bars, never get drunk and get a lot of work done, the ladies are mature and ready for genuine relationships and the males are all kind and friendly?

If you do, please let us know.

You may be surprised to learn that I live in Pattaya, don't drink or visit bars and am married in a genuine relationship. The guys aren't a problem as I don't choose to hang out with them.

It's not paradise, but it can be done.

My biggest concern is how we are being treated by the Immigration department.

i believe there are a Lot of people who have been here a long time and never thought they would think about leaving that are doing just that these days; it wouldnt take much more, few tweaks in immigration and i would bolt; to the same countries mentioned; i can easily see enclaves developing in these countries of ex-thailand expats;

actually if these countries had smart people running them, they would market to us; new visas, etc

I think a country has to really offer you some good stuff to move. I wrote a list to the Mrs and basically said if you cannot provide it then don't expect me to come (ended up has turned out to be a good choice to live here, rather than back home). I think that is due to the fact you are giving up a lot. Not only your country, but all your friends. Maybe it is why so many people are so bored and bitter living here. They gave up everything to move to a unrealistic dream. 

Immigration is annoying, but once you do it once, then it is a non-issue (just keep what you did last time and update it). The wife does it all, i just sign. Much easier that way as she can get a better understanding from asking the staff. 

I do think 'full timers' will be a thing of the past. I don't particularly see that as a bad thing though. Many of them are knobs who never want to see the country develop. 

On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 3:03 PM, lormakmak said:

True, but euthanasia is not allowed in most western countries because of deluded politicians.

When it is, it won't be necessary to jump in front of trains.

1 hour ago, wildewillie89 said:

I think a country has to really offer you some good stuff to move. I wrote a list to the Mrs and basically said if you cannot provide it then don't expect me to come (ended up has turned out to be a good choice to live here, rather than back home). I think that is due to the fact you are giving up a lot. Not only your country, but all your friends. Maybe it is why so many people are so bored and bitter living here. They gave up everything to move to a unrealistic dream. 

Immigration is annoying, but once you do it once, then it is a non-issue (just keep what you did last time and update it). The wife does it all, i just sign. Much easier that way as she can get a better understanding from asking the staff. 

I do think 'full timers' will be a thing of the past. I don't particularly see that as a bad thing though. Many of them are knobs who never want to see the country develop. 

Many of them are knobs who never want to see the country develop. 

IMO not so. What they ( we ) complain about is things getting worse, not better. No body WANTS to live in a decrepit s***hole, but it's never getting better, just more bureaucratic.

Archived