Moscow warns new U.S. sanctions take ties into uncharted waters

webfact

On 7/31/2017 at 11:49 AM, ilostmypassword said:

You mean the economic activity generated by such a project would have no impact on the Russian economy? What economy would it have an impact on? Does Exxon have a magic want which it can use to wave projects into being without paying for construction?  And the products generated would be given away for free to other nations?

On 7/31/2017 at 0:34 PM, Naam said:

your lack of reading ability and/or comprehension is annoying. read again what i wrote:

You wrote "a result without any present impact" So let's say all the nations of the world take an initiative refuse to allow any future business deals with Russia. I guess, you could say that would be a result "without any present impact". But it would in fact pack quite a wallop in respect to the Russian economy. Now maybe if Russians were like most life forms that had no concept of futurity, you might have a point. But I daresay, and this may shock you, that Russians differ not at all from other humans in how they view the future.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 7/31/2017 at 11:27 AM, craigt3365 said:

I'd say having a 500 billion dollar deal cancelled has a HUGE impact on this. At the least, Putin will be out a LOT of money! LOL

On 7/31/2017 at 0:38 PM, Naam said:

Exxon cleaned out Putin's bank accounts? where's my hat?

Once again, you don't seem to get the concept of the future. If Putin, or anyone stood to make a fair bundle of cash out of a prospective deal, and the deal was scotched, they might feel that they had lost out on a fair bundle of money. In fact, I'm going to go crazy and say it's very likely. Most people who do deals do so in the expectation of future rewards for their labor. If a deal falls through, I'd say it's not unreasonable to assume that they that they had lost out.

2 hours ago, ilostmypassword said:

Once again, you don't seem to get the concept of the future. If Putin, or anyone stood to make a fair bundle of cash out of a prospective deal, and the deal was scotched, they might feel that they had lost out on a fair bundle of money. In fact, I'm going to go crazy and say it's very likely. Most people who do deals do so in the expectation of future rewards for their labor. If a deal falls through, I'd say it's not unreasonable to assume that they that they had lost out.

once again your futile attempt to lecture is quite boring :coffee1:

2 hours ago, ilostmypassword said:

You are 100% correct. If head of a corrupt nation. Otherwise,  it's against the law. Luckily. 

according to a variety of anti-Putin sources Gospodin Vladimir "commands" a fortune estimated 30 to 150 billion Dollars (US not Zimbabwe). even assuming this is a wild exaggeration i can only :cheesy: when i hear "he lost out". as an investor i have lost over the last 40 years millions in deals/trades that resulted in a loss. but the only thing that counts is the result that is shown at the bottom line.

same same :cheesy: not different are the ridiculous claims "some Russian billionaires have travel problems because they are not issued credit cards." actually i should not laugh but pity the chaps who come up with these kind of ridiculous comments. :crying: