TrueVision scores with special EPL campaign

webfact

TrueVision scores with special EPL campaign

By The Nation

f711294e8106e8063f3514597551f73d.jpeg

TrueVision is launching a special campaign to kick off the new English Premiere League season.

Starting today and running until September 30, TrueVision is offering monthly package subscribers a Bt5,000 rebate and free installation.

Subscribers can get the redemption at True Shop or from TrueVision representatives nationwide. For more information please call 1242, 02-7617777 or visit the website www.truevisionsgroup.com

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30321935

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-07-27

Monday I went to a TRUE office and asked about an EPL package and what exactly were the channels I would get.

After flicking through a lot of paperwok on her desk and then printing out pages from her computer she still couldnt conform EXACTLY what I would get for my money.

I left TRUE many years ago vowing to never go back,this confirms my opinion that its a  cowboy outfit which equates to give us your money and see what you get for it but we cant tell you before you pay.

After putting-up with True internet for the past 4 years, I've just changed to TOT fibre.  Another 100 Baht pm, but twice as fast and almost no drop in the download speed at any time of the day.  I binned True TV about 9 years ago due to a crap service and customer service.  I don't think they've changed much since then.

Anywhere else in tbe world, they would've been out of business long ago.  Obviously they've got friends in high places.

3 hours ago, bkkmick said:

I too left True many years ago. But, with the future of STB streams being doubtful I have a question: What's the cheapest package that will get you the full English football package?

pulsetv.net    1,000 baht a month, full sky package.  failing that, Sky TV in the UK are launching their internet product next year.  So you can buy the real thing from them, and use it as long as you have a UK IP address, which is easy

I have a satellite and took the EPL package last year for 299, having expected they'd only make it available on a top-level package to recoup their outlay/so everyone could be ripped off. But it had to be treated as an add-on to another package, which I'd kept going anyway while I used CTH for the footy, rather than cancel True altogether. That is also 299. I'm happy with that.

Is that still the deal, or is it possible now to have only the EPL?

7 minutes ago, nickmondo said:

pulsetv.net    1,000 baht a month, full sky package.  failing that, Sky TV in the UK are launching their internet product next year.  So you can buy the real thing from them, and use it as long as you have a UK IP address, which is easy

Interesting news about Sky. But at the moment I guess if you are mostly interested in the EPL then True have by far the best price. And it's 100 percent reliable (except sometimes when it rains, but that applies to the internet too).

I want the EPl but I want news programs too BBC,SKY ,CNN etc,don't require movies.

I just cant get anyone at TRUE to tell me what stations and total cost.

I have a dish sitting on the roof from years ago and cable into the room

.Doing a search on google its a maze of mis information.With the high court ruling to block streamers going through last night (see BBC) the future of the many providers like Pulse which I have hangs in the balance IMO

5 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

I want the EPl but I want news programs too BBC,SKY ,CNN etc,don't require movies.

I just cant get anyone at TRUE to tell me what stations and total cost.

I have a dish sitting on the roof from years ago and cable into the room

.Doing a search on google its a maze of mis information.With the high court ruling to block streamers going through last night (see BBC) the future of the many providers like Pulse which I have hangs in the balance IMO

I use HDPrime.tv for 380 a month, and that includes all the UK news and sports channels and others, and has catch-up on some. For example, I watched the ITV documentary on Princess Diana the next morning a couple of days ago that was shown at 3am Thai time. I also use a free service called FirstOne which has less channels but if you register (free) includes BT Sport (but not Sky).

The HDPrime website isn't particularly easy to understand - you pay first and then choose a package, and at the moment they pretty much only accept payment with TrueMoney vouchers that you can buy at any 7-11 and you scratch off the silver on the back like a phone card and input the number there. They are very helpful if you need to contact them.

If you can attach a computer to your tv with an HDMI cable (I use an old spare laptop) then you're good to go.

14 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I use HDPrime.tv for 380 a month, and that includes all the UK news and sports channels and others.....

I also use HDPrime, but have the 570 Baht package which includes movies and series.  They seem to have got the live TV channels working OK now, but the movies and series are terrible, so much buffering that I usually switch off after 10 minutes.

How do you find the live channels?  I was watching the Manutd matches from America; the first match against LA Galaxy wasn't synced properly with the sound 2 minutes in-front of the picture.  One other match was like that also.  The final round of the Open was perfect, all 11 hours of it.  But overall, live TV is a good service.  Having said that, I was watching a movie on Fox Prime last night which had a lot of buffering.  It seems that anything from the UK is OK, but anyware else is pot-luck.

Edited by Moti24

19 hours ago, bkkmick said:

I too left True many years ago. But, with the future of STB streams being doubtful I have a question: What's the cheapest package that will get you the full English football package?

Do not know if it applies to new suscribers but it is free for existing (even the cheapest package) for the next two seasons

3 hours ago, Moti24 said:

I also use HDPrime, but have the 570 Baht package which includes movies and series.  They seem to have got the live TV channels working OK now, but the movies and series are terrible, so much buffering that I usually switch off after 10 minutes.

How do you find the live channels?  I was watching the Manutd matches from America; the first match against LA Galaxy wasn't synced properly with the sound 2 minutes in-front of the picture.  One other match was like that also.  The final round of the Open was perfect, all 11 hours of it.  But overall, live TV is a good service.  Having said that, I was watching a movie on Fox Prime last night which had a lot of buffering.  It seems that anything from the UK is OK, but anyware else is pot-luck.

So far I've only watched the news channels and some matches from Wimbledon. I had some buffering from Wimbledon but that might have been due to my 50mps internet dropping to between 4 and 8mps.  Just watched an ITV programme on the London Fire Brigade on catch-up and that was excellent, and I've contacted them to ask if there is a way to record programmes. Sound synching can be a problem occasionally and I experienced that with HDPrime's predecessor ilikehd, but an email to them to bring it to their attention usually sorted it out.

Sometimes changing the server on the playback screen helps. Each Thai one is linked to a particular telecom company, which I found interesting to know. Presumably, the one which matches your internet provider should give a more stable service. That's what they suggested to me anyway.

4 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

So far I've only watched the news channels and some matches from Wimbledon. I had some buffering from Wimbledon but that might have been due to my 50mps internet dropping to between 4 and 8mps.  Just watched an ITV programme on the London Fire Brigade on catch-up and that was excellent, and I've contacted them to ask if there is a way to record programmes. Sound synching can be a problem occasionally and I experienced that with HDPrime's predecessor ilikehd, but an email to them to bring it to their attention usually sorted it out.

Sometimes changing the server on the playback screen helps. Each Thai one is linked to a particular telecom company, which I found interesting to know. Presumably, the one which matches your internet provider should give a more stable service. That's what they suggested to me anyway.

Thanks for the info.  I've tried all the servers, but I'll give it another go.  If I don't get any joy, I'll just get the basic package for the epl next month.  I can probably find a torrent site for the series, etc.  Cheers

2 hours ago, Moti24 said:

Thanks for the info.  I've tried all the servers, but I'll give it another go.  If I don't get any joy, I'll just get the basic package for the epl next month.  I can probably find a torrent site for the series, etc.  Cheers

Most series and movies can be found to download. So I'm told :unsure:.

I just bought a true visions package for the first time to prepare for Premier league- its 199 baht for the prem games (you get the four  Bein sports channels which each showing a game on a prem league games night), plus i bought the cheapest package at 200 baht per month (the prem league package is an add on to a core true visions package). 

Basically the Bein sports channels are the same channels that Sport360 used before they closed down (but cheaper through true!!!). 

5 hours ago, ExpatJ said:

I just bought a true visions package for the first time to prepare for Premier league- its 199 baht for the prem games (you get the four  Bein sports channels which each showing a game on a prem league games night), plus i bought the cheapest package at 200 baht per month (the prem league package is an add on to a core true visions package). 

Basically the Bein sports channels are the same channels that Sport360 used before they closed down (but cheaper through true!!!). 

I can see exactly what you get with  the Premier League package but no where can I find a list of channels for the "core" pakage as you call it.

Maybe you can direct me to a link as asking TRUE staff in Chiang Mai has been met with confused looks and nothing but vague answers

On the web site there is a small image of the Gold package but you cant enlarge it to actually read it,obviously deliberate

35 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

I can see exactly what you get with  the Premier League package but no where can I find a list of channels for the "core" pakage as you call it.

Maybe you can direct me to a link as asking TRUE staff in Chiang Mai has been met with confused looks and nothing but vague answers

On the web site there is a small image of the Gold package but you cant enlarge it to actually read it,obviously deliberate

Ask for the 'family knowledge' package- thats the cheapest on a special right now at @200 baht.I wanted abc news, but they only include that in their platinum package at @2000 baht per month

Im looking fwd to finally moving away from those knock off streaming sites that  you waste 1 minute for every 2 minutes watched trying to deal with buffering and connection issues.

13 hours ago, Sparkles said:

http://truevisionsgroup.truecorp.co.th/channellineup_web/2

Other packages at the top of the screen.

• 2 weeks later...

Do you mean the English Sky Channels or the Malaysian ones - obviously the UK channels have loads better build up etc plus SKy Sports News.

I used Sport 360 and thought it was great. I am selling up and shipping out of Thailand but it could take a while. I haven't seen any alternatives to true to watch the footie, is that correct? I may still get the football on the TV as I need to upgrade the internet and can't do that without taking the tele package. Is there a minimum term? I'm guessing 6 months. Hmm... looks like the pub.

15 minutes ago, MJD RAWAI said:

Do you mean the English Sky Channels or the Malaysian ones - obviously the UK channels have loads better build up etc plus SKy Sports News.

I used Sport 360 and thought it was great. I am selling up and shipping out of Thailand but it could take a while. I haven't seen any alternatives to true to watch the footie, is that correct? I may still get the football on the TV as I need to upgrade the internet and can't do that without taking the tele package. Is there a minimum term? I'm guessing 6 months. Hmm... looks like the pub.

HDPrime have all of the Sky channels for 380 a month, but whether the EPL streams will be blocked as they (EPL) have threatened we won't know until this weekend. There was no problem when BT Sport showed National League last weekend, but Sutton United is a very different kettle of fish to Liverpool etc.