Britain says free movement of people with EU will end after Brexit

webfact

23 minutes ago, phuketjock said:

Well I must say I have come across quite a few intellectual idiots in my time.

I am, not highly, but well educated, like to think I am well informed, have also lived all over the world, am

also comfortably off and can, at a push, manage 3 and a half languages. ( what all of that has to do with

whether you voted to remain or not I really don't know)

As I keep reading your posts I am steadily coming to the conclusion that you are sounding more and more

like the sad chaps I mentioned in my first paragraph..............

As you have been informed many times the vote has been taken and democracy demands that the UK exits

from the EU, no matter what you or any other remoaners say,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:thumbsup:    :wai: Get over it and move on.......

It'll never happen!

The wise are stepping in.

A formula will be found to keep the numpties happing while remaining in the EEA least

What languages? What is your profession? What did you study?

Voting leave is corrolated with low educational attainment. Maybe you are an outlier? Explain! ?

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, jinners said:

hard to say when there have been thousand upon thousands put into British law at Europe's request. Getting rid of the corrupt HR laws would be a good start

So, if there are so many, give us your top 10!

Top 5?

Any??

1 minute ago, Grouse said:

It'll never happen!

The wise are stepping in.

A formula will be found to keep the numpties happing while remaining in the EEA least

What languages? What is your profession? What did you study?

Voting leave is corrolated with low educational attainment. Maybe you are an outlier? Explain! ?

The wise have already voted.

You may think so.

Whatever one I require at the time, retired, life.

There are people who think exactly the same for remoaners.....I do live on an island, you explain?

14 minutes ago, phuketjock said:

The wise have already voted.

You may think so.

Whatever one I require at the time, retired, life.

There are people who think exactly the same for remoaners.....I do live on an island, you explain?

I also live on Phuket!

I speak German, Danish and Yorkshire. My rubbish Thai is still inadequate after 17 years.

I have lived in Germany and Denmark and USA (3 times)

I am a Semiconductor physicist but now have 6 electrical engineering companies

I have a Thai wife and two daughters,

I have a property in Edinburgh and also here.

My son is an airline captain

My daughter is a GP

I am 63

Hat size 7 5/8

I feel I have some valid views

We must remain

Your turn MacTavish!

?

Edited by Grouse

8 minutes ago, Grouse said:

I also live on Phuket!

I speak German, Danish and Yorkshire. My rubbish Thai is still inadequate after 17 years.

My daughter is a GP

I am 63

Hat size 7 5/8

We must remain

Your turn McTavish!

?

" The rank is but the guinea stamp

The man's the gowd for a'that "

Your status or rank mean nothing if you are misusing them

as I think you are if you cannot accept a democratic vote result.

BTW as far as I am aware Yorkshire is a dialect not a language??

Edited by phuketjock

26 minutes ago, Grouse said:

I also live on Phuket!

My daughter is a GP

I am 63

Hat size 7 5/8

We must remain

Your turn MacTavish!

?

I think you're being very modest on your hat size.

3 hours ago, jinners said:

hard to say when there have been thousand upon thousands put into British law at Europe's request. Getting rid of the corrupt HR laws would be a good start

The European Convention on Human Rights and the laws adopted in the UK as a consequence of the UK being a founding signatory in 1950 have nothing to do with whether or not the UK is a member of the EU. There are currently 47 party states to the ECHR, including all 28 EU members (27 after Brexit, of course).

30 minutes ago, phuketjock said:

" The rank is but the guinea stamp

The man's the gowd for a'that "

Your status or rank mean nothing if you are misusing them

as I think you are if you cannot accept a democratic vote result.

BTW as far as I am aware Yorkshire is a dialect not a language??

Tha' knows nowt about Yorkshire ?

The problem with referendums is that they do a disservice to democracy. IMO democracy only works if all are equally well informed, equally educated and equally intelligent. We're not

The referendum result does not demonstrate democracy it demonstrates inequality.

Have a Grouse on me!

Slange

Edited by Grouse

15 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Tha' knows nowt about Yorkshire ?

The problem with referendums is that they do a disservice to democracy. IMO democracy only works if all are equally well informed, equally educated and equally intelligent. We're not

The referendum result does not demonstrate democracy it demonstrates inequality.

Have a Grouse on me!

Slange

And you know nothing about Whisky, or democracy which is for all regardless of education or status

which, I think, is what rubs you up the wrong way?

Grouse has been toppled by several other brands some time ago, the latest dram to hit the discerning  

whisky drinker is monkeys shoulder and is indeed a nice drop.

I lived and worked very near Yorkshire ( Teeside ) for a couple of years, so have some knowledge of the place.

Edited by phuketjock

2 minutes ago, phuketjock said:

And you know nothing about Whisky, or democracy which is for all regardless of education or status

Grouse has been toppled by several other brands some time ago, the latest dram to hit the discerning  

I lived and worked very near Yorkshire for a couple of years, so have some knowledge of the place.

Relax, friend. I was just pulling your leg! 

Grouse se has always been my tipple. I lived in Inverness in the late seventies and got used to a pint of heavy and a dram. It was always Grouse and a bottle  of lemonade would be put on the bar. No. I kid you not!

I enjoy the cut and thrust of the discussions! ?

3 minutes ago, phuketjock said:

the discerning  

whisky drinker

Only drinks Single Malts !

In terms of democracy Churchill observed "“Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all the others.”   He was right! 

3 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Relax, friend. I was just pulling your leg! 

Grouse se has always been my tipple. I lived in Inverness in the late seventies and got used to a pint of heavy and a dram. It was always Grouse and a bottle  of lemonade would be put on the bar. No. I kid you not!

I enjoy the cut and thrust of the discussions! ?

Apology accepted, I am not averse to a bit of leg pulling my self, so no worries there.

Try the Monkeys Shoulder, preferable without the lemonade, the thought of such a thing...........

Edited by phuketjock

11 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

Modesty doesn't sit comfortably on his shoulders. Maybe he's a modern day John Merrick and hiding the fact?

Cruel heartless bastard!

OK, I'm 30kg over weight but let not get sizist about it ?

Just now, Here2008 said:

Only drinks Single Malts !

In terms of democracy Churchill observed "“Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all the others.”   He was right! 

Not entirely Here2008 Monkeys Shoulder is a 3 malt blend.

1 minute ago, phuketjock said:

Not entirely Here2008 Monkeys Shoulder is a 3 malt blend.

Fully agree, it's horses for courses. In general, Grouse with ginger ale is my thing.

However, glenmorangie, Tomatin or Highland Park with water are splendid when I'm in the mood!

Anyway, off topic. We'll get the cane if we don't behave ?

Exactly.... But apparently its an insurmountable problem for some posters :shock1:.

A bit odd as extended holidays around Europe and the rest of the world has never been a problem.

Presumably a few posters think the EU will impose repressive restrictions on those from the UK wishing to holiday/travel within the EU?

Illustrates pretty well the simplified understanding on this issue of many (not all) Brexiters. Looks like many think having to show your passport when travelling is the main consequence [emoji16]

37 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Illustrates pretty well the simplified understanding on this issue of many (not all) Brexiters. Looks like many think having to show your passport when travelling is the main consequence emoji16.png

Passports are an important issue for some of us.

passport joke1.jpg

2 hours ago, Grouse said:

I was being ironic

Whenever one accuses a Brexiter of being xenophobic or racist or anti immigrant the INSTANT response is: "it's not about immigration, it's about sovereignty"!

The "fruit pickers" is aimed at Brexiters generally. The people who have difficulty finding work and don't like competion for low wage jobs.

Anyway, it's never going to happen. The wise are stepping in in a polite way showing as much respect as possible to the numpties ?

Precisely and nicely put Khun Grouse.....thankfully whatever else their faults folk who have to run the country has wiser and clearer heads than some here. James O'Brien puts it's nicely here.

Anyway, it's never going to happen. The wise are stepping in in a polite way showing as much respect as possible to the numpties ?

Edited by beautifulthailand99

croations are hoping to jump the gun and theyre not in the EU yet..desperate to leave their SH1thole

pension age  is rising to 68 and will keep on rising as the kitty cant take the expected load

Edited by 3NUMBAS

6 minutes ago, 3NUMBAS said:

croations are hoping to jump the gun and theyre not in the EU yet..desperate to leave their SH1thole

pension age  is rising to 68 and will keep on rising as the kitty cant take the expected load

Croatians already have privileges,denied to British citizens, in our own country.

2 hours ago, phuketjock said:

I lived and worked very near Yorkshire ( Teeside ) for a couple of years, so have some knowledge of the place.

He says he's half Scottish. We in Yorkshire certainly don't want him.

please,please take him. 

image.jpeg

Edited by nontabury

39 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Precisely and nicely put Khun Grouse.....thankfully whatever else their faults folk who have to run the country has wiser and clearer heads than some here. James O'Brien puts it's nicely here.

That, sir, is an excellent contribution! Who can possibly argue against that??? Thank you !!!

21 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

This is a really  good one - Lee from Bromley with his half-baked heard down the pub / in the Sun  / fact free zone gets taken apart from the saintly James....

You're a day late and a dollar short. We did a busload of the thick brexiter/remainer youtube videos a while ago, before you joined the discussions.

27 minutes ago, nontabury said:

He says he's half Scottish. We in Yorkshire certainly don't want him.

please,please take him. 

image.jpeg

Eh up! Nah then!

Actually, barbs not withstanding, it's a fair comment.

How should one determine nationality? What does it take to have Yorkshire nationality? I was born in Yorkshire! I went to school in Yorkshire! I drink Tetleys! I'm bluunt! I have short arms and deep pockets!

However, my father was a highland Scot. Loch Tummel and Loch Rannoch? You get the picture!

My grandson has three passports! Cheeky bugger! He was born in the USA, his mum is Thai and his father (my son) was born in York!

What is he? (Apart from lucky!)