Ceramic Putty, where to buy?

nss70

We have managed to crack the basin in one of the bathrooms. It is a Cotto, oval shaped, mixer tap hole, counter top type measuring 63cm width and 52.5cm front-to-back. It is mounted into a large granite? counter.

We thought, no probs new basin. NO! We cannot find a size that fits, everything we've found is too small. We really don't want to replace the entire counter so were wondering if it is possible to buy ceramic putty here in order to repair the crack, one brand name I know is " Milliput " which leaves a near perfect white finish.

in situ will only provide  a stciking plaster to the problem   if you remove the basin will it actually fall apart ?   if it will then an epoxy resin applied to both halves will provide a strong  lasting bond to   i think that a search  (further afield )  even on Cottos web site would be the

better opinion   better than an ugly repair   after a while  even done with the greatest of care

that repair will show  have you looked at replacing the work top?  is it actually granite   many good synthetics around at very little cost 

I don't think the basin would come apart during removel unless I unduly stressed it, it's only cracked to one side and not as bad as edge to plug hole for example. The "granite" top is most likely some kind of composite stone.

I have started costing it out and it's actually not as bad as I had thought but being a secondary bathroom is why I was thinking the repair route. I'll check the Cotto site as well.

Thanks.