Don’t Feed the Pigeons!

snoop1130

Don’t Feed the Pigeons!

by Citylife

20427108_1432722010146886_824152070_o-1024x576.jpg

CityNews – The Veterinary Office of Chiang Mai Municipality has announced a warning against playing with, touching or feeding the pigeons around Tha Pae Gate, saying that they could potentially carry diseases.

It was reported that there are growing concerns about the rapid increase in number of pigeons at Tha Pae Gate due to the popularity of the tourist feeding activities, especially Chinese visitors. The issue caught the attention of the Chiang Mai Provincial Public Health Office which has announced that the pigeons are unhygienic and could carry diseases, specifically the bird flu.

Full Story: http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/news/dont-feed-the-pigeons/

changmainews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Chiang City News 2017-7-27

I did raise this very point regarding beach road where the pigeon population is getting out of hand with people feeding them, after all there is enough crap along the edge of the water without people walking & laying in Pigeon feces along the beach.

There are people selling bird food to the tourists for feeding.

I remember it started a few years ago with one older seller and a cart with pigeon food, down near the Darets end. Now there are multiple sellers on the prowl and it seems like quite a territorial business so one would presume they are making fairly good money.

Once this kind of thing is established, kind of difficult to get rid of.

1 minute ago, phantomfiddler said:

With diarrhea ! Why doesn,t someone put out a cookbook of pigeon pie recipes and translate it into Thai ? Could be the end of the problem !

Seeing the condition of most of them it might end a few other life forms as well.

I do like to eat pigeon, but grain fed wood pigeon is a whole different ball game, and usually if I shot it myself.

15 hours ago, overherebc said:

The ubiquitous flying rat.

Fine the Chinese that are feeding those flying rats.

Huge fun guaranteed!

Including finding out and experiencing the real quality of those so-called Quality Tourists.

Edited by hansnl

Wish I had a pellet gun to.rid them Damm pigeons around my place. Wife would never stand for it. I caught a rat in a live trap. I wanted to drown it but oh no not the Buddha way so I let it go in a park.