webfact

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 28/07/2017 at 9:20 AM, LazySlipper said:

So in the land of plenty you would choose an old hag?:smile:

If that's what an old hag looks like, I'm going to join the local Bridge Club and try to get out more; you can't beat a bit of experience!

1 hour ago, Moti24 said:

If that's what an old hag looks like, I'm going to join the local Bridge Club and try to get out more; you can't beat a bit of experience!

I guess you want lip service... that is used lip service... very old and very used lip service... hehehehe

On 7/28/2017 at 5:14 AM, Moonmoon said:

I see many businesses folding up and many not doing well as before.

WHose Assets will be frozen and seized for the damages done to the country currently?

How's the Thai Baht, the GDP, and new business registration doing nowadays?

On 7/28/2017 at 5:36 PM, AGareth2 said:

in the UK there is an opposition

media and the streets

were they shit at their jobs as well?

At the moment - yes, pretty well so!

Labor were all over the place although Corbyn did better than most expected. Promising young people  to do away with tuition fees was a master stroke. And to be fair, he was helped by the most useless numpty the Tories ever put up in May. But, Labor under his leadership, only made a token effort to support remaining in the EU.

The press - well there's the Mail, Guardian, Sun, Mirror - spoiled for choice then! Or good old Auntie beeb, ITN, and Sky.

On 7/28/2017 at 5:49 PM, dominique355 said:

Rule of Law would require a Court order for such decision. But this government doesn't care about the Rule of Law.

Not always the case. Some tax authorities can dip into their nationals bank accounts without a specific court order. There are safeguards but the UK tax authorities can dip into someone's accounts without a court order if they have to to recover a tax debt.

The initial idea was watered down after MP's and tax accountant's kicked up. But, if they've met with someone and that person simply doesn't pay they can do it.

I think quite a few EU countries now also have legislation that allows governments to dip into saver's accounts to bail out a failing bank, albeit with rules about amounts etc, but without having to get specific individual court orders.