can i apply early ?

I put 800 thousand bht in my bank on 12th May, for my Retirement extension, which is due on 14th August. The 12th of August is a Saturday, Is it possible for me to get my Retirement extension on August 11 ? I am planning on going to Cambodia on August 15th so was hoping to get extension and multi reentry permit by 14th at latest.

The rule is that it has to be in the bank for 3 months on the date you apply unless it is your first extension which only requires 60 days.

You could try on the 11th since you would not be able to apply on August 14th since it is a holiday and immigration will be closed.

If denied on the 11th you would have to go on the 15th but would not be fined for an overstay since your extension ends on a holiday.

Don't forget to get a re-entry permit when you get the extension or you will lose your extension when you leave the country.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The rule is that it has to be in the bank for 3 months on the date you apply unless it is your first extension which only requires 60 days.

You could try on the 11th since you would not be able to apply on August 14th since it is a holiday and immigration will be closed.

If denied on the 11th you would have to go on the 15th but would not be fined for an overstay since your extension ends on a holiday.

Don't forget to get a re-entry permit when you get the extension or you will lose your extension when you leave the country.

will i be able to get extension and re-entry permit all on the same day ? or do i have to go back the next day to pick them up ?

13 hours ago, buffallobill said:

will i be able to get extension and re-entry permit all on the same day ? or do i have to go back the next day to pick them up ?

At most immigration offices you could do both on the same day day you apply for the extension.

Jomtien and Phuket often have you come back the next day to pick up your passport with the extension stamp in it.

1 hour ago, buffallobill said:

i read on another post its 90 days, that would be ok, but from 12 may to 12 august would not. thanks

If 90 day’s is required by immigration and not 3 months?

Then you could apply for your extension on the 11th August,  only because luck is on your side as May and July have 31 days in them, so from 12th May to 11th August is over 90 days…

It's 3 months, not 90 days.

On the filing date, the applicant must have funds deposited in a bank in Thailand of no
less than Baht 800,000 for the past three months. For the first year only, the applicant must have proof of a deposit account in which said amount of funds has been maintained for no less than 60 days prior to the filing date