Ladda’s business buzzes with energy

Ladda’s business buzzes with energy

By SOMLUCK SRIMALEE 
THE NATION

ccc9ad3a6ec46b3ab23357065e762140.jpeg

Ladda Tangrattana shows off her honey products under two brands, Phum Phueng and Ladd. The business now notches Bt12 million in sales a year.

LADDA TANGRATTANA ditched her real estate career in Bangkok to join her family business producing and distributing honey products, nurturing the business’s growth from Bt1.2 million a year to Bt12 million a year.

“I decided to run my family’s business when my father passed away by resigning from my job at property agency JLL in 2011,” she said.

Ladda, now 40, started by expanding the firm’s distribution channel through Thai Post. From only some post offices, her products went nationwide in 2012.

Then she tried to extend the market by applying for quality certifications from several food institutes and agencies, such as a good manufacturing practice seal, a certificate from the Food and Drug Administration, and a Halal certificate.

This eased her entry to King Power’s duty-free shops and the Catalog Friday of the 7-Eleven convenience store chain.

She participated in food exports in this country and overseas to boost sales from Bt100,000 a month to Bt1 million a month in 2013.

Ladda employed research and development to innovate food products using honey as a raw material, such as honey milk, ready-to-drink honey and lemon-honey drink, and personal care products such as soap, lotion and cosmetics.

Within three years after taking over management of the family business, she succeeded in creating 10 products processed from honey, and triumphed in enlarging the market nationwide.

Ladda initiated side jobs for farmers in her homeland, Chaiyaphum province, who provide up to 80 per cent of fresh honey for her farm to distribute nationwide, with the remaining 20 per cent produced by her own farm.

Building on her initial success in expanding the market, she now plans to open her farm, Ladda Honey Farm, as a visitor destination and also an education centre for all farmers to learn how to raise honeybees.

Next, she’s eyeing promoting ecotourism in her province for the rest of this year.

“Open Farm for Tourism and Farmer” will challenge her business to grow in the long term.

“Our key success to boost our business came from quality products and we also have an after-sales service to be an adviser to our customers about how to consume honey for their health 24 hours a day. 

“This is the way to keep and expand our customers nationwide,” Ladda concluses.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/Corporate/30322119

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-07-29