Can't get Microsoft Edge to open on start up

chiangrai

MS Edge is a Metro app so no icon.

Customize Start Menu tab in Settings and enable Metro Apps to "Display as a menu". Then right click "Edge" from the Apps list and pin it.

I have done it Get Reals way.The icon is in the start up folder.I've gone to Task Manager and

then to Startup and Edge was there and it was enabled.

So I restarted the laptop but Edge didn't start on startup.When I disable it in the task manager it enables itself again when I close and reopen the task manager.

I guess some people don't like to read.

Found this on Answers.Microsoft.com forum: How to run Edge automatically at startup

1. PressWindows key + R from Desktop.
  2. Type shell:startup and press ok.
  3. The Startup folder for the logged in user account will now appear.
  4. Drag and drop the shortcuts for programs that you wish to run automatically at boot to this Shell Startup folder.

Put this in the "Target' area of the 'Properties' box for Edge Icon you're using in Startup: 

%windir%\explorer.exe shell:Appsfolder\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe!MicrosoftEdge

5. Restart the computer.

10 hours ago, RichCor said:

I guess some people don't like to read.

Found this on Answers.Microsoft.com forum: How to run Edge automatically at startup

Cheers for that Rich. Although off-topic a bit I have been having problems with Dropbox for Business on one of my computers where, even though the Service is set to Automatic, Dropbox would not start syncing until I double-clicked on the desktop icon. After that, it runs fine. I even used the task manager for the auto start, but still had to double click the icon. Disconnecting and reconnecting didn't wok either.

I had assumed (yeah, I know!) that a shortcut would be in the startup folder but the only shortcut there was for One-Drive (which I don't use). After moving the shortcut for Dropbox and restarting the confuser, Dropbox now appears and starts syncing straight away!