House number quiz - can you work it out ?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

21?

I think they go sequentially, and not odd/even like on other countries - but I also heard that if people like a specific 'lucky' number, they can allocate that number to their house (for a fee), so it can get a bit muddled.

4 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Ok, I guess I should have told you, there are 46 houses and they are numbered from 1 to 46 .
No oddball numbers in there, pretty straightforward really emoji51.png
Or maybe not !

So the anticipatory number of 69 is out of the question? 

:sorry:

At least now we know how to find you AD old chum. Maybe pop by on Burns night for a wee dram or on Hogmanay for a few wee drams? 

I think you might have misinterpreted my cryptic reference to McDonalds as Scottish food PDL !!
I am from gods own county.... Yorkshire.

But you are more than welcome to drop in for a drink of whatever I have in house , which at the moment is tea, ovaltine and 3/4 of a bottle of JD !! [emoji4]

31 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I think you might have misinterpreted my cryptic reference to McDonalds as Scottish food PDL !!
I am from gods own county.... Yorkshire.

But you are more than welcome to drop in for a drink of whatever I have in house , which at the moment is tea, ovaltine and 3/4 of a bottle of JD !! emoji4.png

Andrew ..... happy Yorkshire Day   :biggrin:

I have heard somewhere that houses are numbered as they are build irrespective of the position in the street. Thai logic I guess. So nearly impossible to determine the number from the position of the house.

That would certainly seem the case for the houses numbered 40 to 48 as they were built after I think. But even so for the houses 20 to 38 it seems a strange idea and equally difficult for the people delivering. For example 20 and 30 are semi detached ( attached to each other ) so one would have to assume they were built together.

A guy from the post office was riding up and down the soi on his mc scratching his head for ages yesterday !

3 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Sorry, oh wise one but it has solved see posts #48 and #49.

Where do you see the post number ? it is missing from my view!

I got 72/169 :whistling:

Edited by VocalNeal