Residency Certificate for Passport renewal

Bundooman

Hi, I have to renew my UK passport within the next few months. I have checked HM Passport Office requirements and I don't think I will have many problems along the way. The one problem I have encountered is that I am required to provide an official document as proof of residence in CM, said document not to be older than one year.

I checked. I do not have such a document in my possession that has my name, together with my current address on it, (other than my Rental contract, which isn't included in the official list of document types to choose from).  I guess this means that I need to go to Immigration for a Residency Certificate. 

I have downloaded one such form, but it doesn't appear to have a form code, (ie., TM--). Does anyone know what the form is called, what additional documents I would need to produce and whether it is a fairly straightforward process at Promenada?

Thanks in advance.

As reported here numerous times they will accept an extension of stay if you are on one. Most likely they would also accept a non-imm visa also.  Just copy it out of your passport.  They do not insist on the residence document being from their list, I used an AIS phone bill and UK bank statement.

On 8/1/2017 at 9:15 PM, Upnotover said:

As reported here numerous times they will accept an extension of stay if you are on one. Most likely they would also accept a non-imm visa also.  Just copy it out of your passport.  They do not insist on the residence document being from their list, I used an AIS phone bill and UK bank statement.

Thanks Upnotover, and yes I am on extension of stay, so I do have that proof of legally being in Thailand. 

Can I ask, do you have your Thai address printed on your UK Bank statement then?

Just to make sure that I don't get caught out when I actually present myself in BKK, someone locally advised me to get my Thai bank account updated with my current address and then pay the standard fee, 200฿ (ish), to get an official letter, which I believe can be requested in English - just to have it on hand when I go to Bangkok.

Good idea, you think?

Thanks again fr your advice.

10 hours ago, Bundooman said:

Thanks Upnotover, and yes I am on extension of stay, so I do have that proof of legally being in Thailand. 

Can I ask, do you have your Thai address printed on your UK Bank statement then?

Just to make sure that I don't get caught out when I actually present myself in BKK, someone locally advised me to get my Thai bank account updated with my current address and then pay the standard fee, 200฿ (ish), to get an official letter, which I believe can be requested in English - just to have it on hand when I go to Bangkok.

Good idea, you think?

Thanks again fr your advice.

Yes, my UK bank statement has my Thai address on it.  I am sure that the bank letter would be fine albeit most likely not really needed, but if easily obtained will do no harm!

• 4 weeks later...

Applying for a UK passport renewal.

I have very little supporting evidence for my residency issued  in the last 12 months.

Insurance certificates for car with address in  english

AIS internet bill with address in Thai.

Will these work and do i need to translate the AIS bill given that the Insurance certificate is already an accurate translation ?

Also the appointment booking service is either really dumb or really efficent. I wont know which  until they respond. 

You send VFSglobal  3 dates and times  by email. No information on current  lead times or current availability.  Has anyone tested it ?    

Can i ask for 3 times hours apart, days apart or months apart ? 

I booked an appointment for next week the other day.

List some date&times, 15:30 latest, (I chose every half hour) for the days you can attend.

They ask for 3 but I gave 4 for 3 days = 12, and was given an appointment on the first day I offered.

With regards to proof of address, I do not have anything other than a letter from my previous UK local council regarding proxy voting, and my last on-line tax return, so I will find out next week if I can get a new passport or not.....

I asked for next day and got it. I did receive a spurious email telling me I needed a DNA test as well but this seems to have been be a button pushing mistake .

They don't seem to be very busy at the moment.  I was in and out in 10 minutes. 

As someone who has a visceral hatred for VFSglobal I have to reluctantly  say the service i received  was friendly, efficient and professional.    The last time was appalling in all regards  so either they've had a change of management or a serious kicking from someone.  

I have passed a copy of my visa and  insurance  as proof of residency and address. We'll see i guess. 

• 3 weeks later...

Got my new passport delivered by DHL today. The car insurance certificate was apparently adequate for proof of address.  

I need to transfer a retirement extension of stay and i assume a re-rentry permit. I've noted elsewhere that this requires a letter from the embassy but last time i needed a letter it took 4 weeks. Is there a fast way to get this done ? I did not get a letter with the Passport.

Also what do I need to do to attach my car to a new passport number as I assume this might give me a problem when going outside Thailand ?