ไชยาซิบาเล

Joosesis

What does ไชยาซิบาเล mean?  It comes from a children's song, full context of the children's song is below.

ฉัน ฉัน ฉัน บ้านฉันนั้นมีสามคน ทุกคนช่วยกันทำงาน

เอาว่า ไชยาซิบาเล เอาว่า ไชยาซิบาเล มีพ่อ มีแม่ และฉัน

(This comes from a ป. 1 Social Studies class.  I've stumbled upon ห้องเรียน DLIT videos on youtube and am really enjoying them.  As someone who has been using Thai curriculum books from ป. 1 to ป. ๖ (where I am now), it is fun to see the lessons put into practice.)

Edited by Joosesis

Pretty sure it's ไชยาบาเล (not ไชยาซิบาเล...though who knows, there could be several variations), and I'm also pretty sure it's just nonsense syllables (like "la-la-la" etc.).  My girlfriend, who's been around (50 y.o. and raised two kids) has never heard the phrase (nor the song), but she's inclined to agree that they're nonsense syllables.

Edited by Chou Anou

Thanks!  After an hour of googling around yesterday (wild goose chase) it is a little anticlimactic to be just a nonsensical word, but that make sense.

It is written as ไชยาซิบาเล in the video.

(If anyone is interested, the name of the video is:  สังคมฯ ป.1 การเป็นสมาชิกที่ดีของครอบครัวและโรงเรียน ตอนที่ 1 ครูสมมาศ พันสาง on the DLIT ห้องเรียน channel.  The song begins around minute 8.   I tried to embed the video, but it embedded the whole playlist for ป. 1 instead.  So, you can just cut and paste into the search bar.)

47 minutes ago, Joosesis said:

Thanks!  After an hour of googling around yesterday (wild goose chase) it is a little anticlimactic to be just a nonsensical word, but that make sense.

It is written as ไชยาซิบาเล in the video.

(If anyone is interested, the name of the video is:  สังคมฯ ป.1 การเป็นสมาชิกที่ดีของครอบครัวและโรงเรียน ตอนที่ 1 ครูสมมาศ พันสาง on the DLIT ห้องเรียน channel.  The song begins around minute 8.   I tried to embed the video, but it embedded the whole playlist for ป. 1 instead.  So, you can just cut and paste into the search bar.)

Here it is.  I'll play it for my girlfriend tomorrow and see what she says.

Edited by Chou Anou