"Beer pretties" arrested for doing their job - selling beer!

webfact

1 hour ago, Artisi said:

And arresting a few pretties will very quickly sort that problem out. 

It will stop other pretties from advertising beer promotions on line, although it will not "sort the problem out" it will go some way to sorting the problem out

One of the many measures being taken to sort the problem out

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, sanemax said:

No, I do not propose Sharia law

Many Countries have measures to stop the consumption of alcohol

Bans on advertising , bans on promotions and public awareness campaigns to stop people drinking excessively

There is no rift in the street

It will not stop people from drinking, that wasnt the aim. 

It will stop people being encouraged to drink

A Good measure , IMO

I think you're missing the insanely hypocritical nature of this post,, 

About time ,  they  cleaned the kingdom up .
       i  do not  drink Alchohol ,  and i  certainly do not frequent any   bars . that girls prostitute themselves
        I frequently ask myself ,  am i the   only quality Farlang  in Thailand ..555

Have you turned to monk hood ???

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

19 hours ago, HiSoLowSoNoSo said:

Getting more ludicrous by the hour this place.

Time to pull up stakes and look for greener pastures. :welcomeani: :WPFflags:

What a joke this place is getting to be.

Gone is the easy going Thai life style. :crazy:

6 hours ago, TunnelRat69 said:

I think horns just grew out of the sides of my head............hey, we rate bars on the quality of the Chang and San Miguel ladies............

Disgusting. This goes against all my religious and moral principles. These girls must be putting the customers off in droves.

This is how I remember it, when the clubs and pubs had real class:

bar lady.jpg

Generally my problem is with pretties, (or not so pretties sometimes), inviting themselves to have a drink at my expense. I have come across these promotional girls in quite a few places and always enjoy seeing them and have been known to try their brand... a sad day when this becomes illegal.... a silly sad day.

1 hour ago, cyberfarang said:

Disgusting. This goes against all my religious and moral principles. These girls must be putting the customers off in droves.

This is how I remember it, when the clubs and pubs had real class:

bar lady.jpg

Nice to see you enjoy that class, but I will stick to pouring my own glass thanks :-)

030817_054636.jpg

On 8/2/2017 at 7:52 AM, webfact said:

law forbidding inviting people to drink alcohol

Shouldn't this also include listing alcoholic drinks on a bar or restaurant menu?

The sole purpose for identifying alcoholic beverages is to sell them to patrons.

Same applies to all food stores and quick marts like 7/11. Alcoholic products are clearly displayed to anyone, including minors, who enter the stores. All the displays are intended to promote consumption of alcoholic beverages!

Therefore, to equally apply this law to all, the RTP should arrest all bar, restaurant and food store owners who display and/or list alcoholic beverages available for purchase.

Think it late Febuary was sitting minding my own buisness in a bar in Patts when I spied the Tiger ladies appearing with a promotion. Buy 4 get a free Tiger glass mug. Well we needed some new mugs so i being the dutiful Husband that i am set about said Tigers unfortunatley i could in my old age only manage to aquire 4 mugs. As for the Tiger Ladies I have no idea what they looked like why would i with bottles of Tiger to consume

Edited by jeab1980

HEY........... GOOD IDEA............ 

Lets all try to find time to go to Saraburi for a few drinks at this bar that the 'local Police' are giving the 'free' advertising to...........

They will still be open and doing business since the police have made their point now,  so they should be getting the 'Brown envelopes' on time now.........

Saraburi is on route from Bangkok to much of Issan, so it won't be out of the way............... However, I will make it very clear and I plan my own life accordingly....... DO NOT "DRINK IF DRIVING"............. Please........

49 minutes ago, Srikcir said:
On 8/1/2017 at 5:52 PM, webfact said:

law forbidding inviting people to drink alcohol

Shouldn't this also include listing alcoholic drinks on a bar or restaurant menu?

The sole purpose for identifying alcoholic beverages is to sell them to patrons.

Same applies to all food stores and quick marts like 7/11. Alcoholic products are clearly displayed to anyone, including minors, who enter the stores. All the displays are intended to promote consumption of alcoholic beverages!

Therefore, to equally apply this law to all, the RTP should arrest all bar, restaurant and food store owners who display and/or list alcoholic beverages available for purchase.

ALL of this should also pertain to one of the biggest problems that Thailand faces........... and that is "Drunk Cops -RTP"....... there is more of them than there are 'Bars' in Thailand............ And seems of little concern to the 'Thai Gov't'

My Thai wife (living in the USA) has 2 such 'drunk RTP cops' in her family in Korat............

When i Saw this headline i instantly thought, " this may have more to do with the dresses they wear (of which i have no problem, but some in Government do) than the beer itself. And sure enough.....  it's pretty lame to so vigorously persue common workers, who earn just about nothing, when there are IMAX-cinema-sized Chang signs inviting you to drink beer along the tollway to Don Muang.

11 hours ago, sanemax said:

It will stop other pretties from advertising beer promotions on line, although it will not "sort the problem out" it will go some way to sorting the problem out

One of the many measures being taken to sort the problem out

It was a tongue in  cheek comment, don't get too serious - you ARE in Thailand (assume you are) jai yen yen. 

18 hours ago, sanemax said:

Did you not read the story ?

The arrested girls were inviting people to the bar to have a drink , the people were not already in the bar .

These beer girls also encourage you to drink more, by constantly filling your glass up

...and of course, every healthy grown up man, has no power to resist the "invitation" or the refillment, right?!

By the way: did you read the part about the facebook- thingy....?

Edited by DM07

I fail to understand some Thai reasoning. I just don't understand how these 'pretties' are responsible for the alcoholics in Thailand. It is similar to hip thrusting singers responsible for unmarried sex in the country. The logic bogles my mind.

2 hours ago, charmonman said:

Nonsense like this from the police and government are driving me, and I sure many others, to drink. Why don't they arrest themselves?

Yup.......... More 'drunk RTP cops' than there are bars in Thailand......

I know...... My Thai wife (in the USA) has 2 RTP 'drunks- while on duty) in her family in Korat............

I have a video of them parking the police truck in front of our house and 'without invitation' coming to drink 'free drinks' at a party she put on.....