Denied Tourist Visa at Vientiane , Laos Thai Consulate

1 hour ago, alocacoc said:

Good to know. Maybe I do another TV visa in Vientiane before I leave Thailand for good. Have 1 metv from homecountry, 2 TV from Vientiane and 2tv from Savannakhet. No via exempt entries and no warning stamps. I will show them rental contract and proof of finance. Shouldn't be a problem to get a new visa I guess.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

so is that one year nine months of continuously living here? So that kind of dismisses the claim by some that you can only stay here six or nine months out of every year on tourist visas.

20 hours ago, alocacoc said:

Good to know. Maybe I do another TV visa in Vientiane before I leave Thailand for good. Have 1 metv from homecountry, 2 TV from Vientiane and 2tv from Savannakhet. No via exempt entries and no warning stamps. I will show them rental contract and proof of finance. Shouldn't be a problem to get a new visa I guess.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

alocacoc you may be interested to read a post by murraynz from New Zealand in the following thread because he says an immigration officer told him they have just changed the rules (again) and that they are now only allowing one tourist visa entry per year

4 minutes ago, Asiantravel said:

alocacoc you may be interested to read a post by murraynz from New Zealand in the following thread because he says an immigration officer told him they have just changed the rules (again) and that they are now only allowing one tourist visa entry per year

If i understand it correctly, he entered at a airport. There was some similar reports. I will enter by land. Don't see any changes.

• Like 1

To get more tourists and fill up all those empty hotel rooms Thailand needs to look at this link to Taipei as a tourist destination, particularly the ease of getting a 3 months tourist visa and not regard tourists as a problem?.  It is similar with many other countries in Asia  https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#inbox/15de7f821d4cf0f1  <bad link>

Edited by ubonjoe
Noted bad link

1 hour ago, David Walden said:

To get more tourists and fill up all those empty hotel rooms Thailand needs to look at this link to Taipei as a tourist destination, particularly the ease of getting a 3 months tourist visa and not regard tourists as a problem?.  It is similar with many other countries in Asia  https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#inbox/15de7f821d4cf0f1  <bad link>

Wrong link??

On 8/2/2017 at 5:26 PM, lkv said:

Well, if TAT says so then it must be true.

They are not known to have made the numbers up in the past (joke).

There were a few occasions about a year ago when myself and other members were calculating their numbers, and the math did not add up so well. I'm lazy to look for those threads but I may do so, for us to be able to truly assess the credibility of TAT if you wish.

I have just arrived on a flight from Hong Kong with Cathay, they have 9 flights a day, and all are oversold, the plane i was on was 85% Chinese passengers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, steve187 said:

I have just arrived on a flight from Hong Kong with Cathay, they have 9 flights a day, and all are oversold, the plane i was on was 85% Chinese passengers.

I can confirm as well.  In Jomtien and Pattaya, the 7-11 stores are packed with them, the streets jammed with their tour-buses, and sizable crowds can be seen walking behind a guy with a little flag on a stick - not buying anything (except at 7-11) - just gawking.  Many restaurants and other shops are mostly empty, unfortunately.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, steve187 said:

I also agree, someone I know was on Cathay from HK last week and told me the same. However, I know what sort of statements TAT was making last year, and they were wrong in the sense they have made mathematically incorrect claims in regards to the percentage increase in tourism (proven fact). Therefore, I don't believe anything TAT was saying.

By the way, Cathay flights from HK were full also 2 years ago when I flew more regularly back and forth to HK.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 8/2/2017 at 12:26 PM, tstcman said:

Yeah, I read that they stopped the express service for the paperwork. I will tell you guys what happens tomorrow if I can get out to MFA .

Dont worry i have been to Laos once to get a visa extension Now i have marriage visa If you are married they are so much better than going for trips to Laos  A Thai goes to Laos 50 baht  A falang goes to Laos 1500 Baht See the Laos gov has got on the gravy train also

• Haha 1

Dont worry i have been to Laos once to get a visa extension Now i have marriage visa If you are married they are so much better than going for trips to Laos  A Thai goes to Laos 50 baht  A falang goes to Laos 1500 Baht See the Laos gov has got on the gravy train also

Ended up solving all this bullshit by getting married

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1
  • Haha 1