Patong Immigration Temporarily Closed

PJ33

I went down to Patong immigration yesterday to do my 90-day report as usual but the place was locked up with a sign on the door saying "System no work contact Phuket Town Immigration".

I went to Phuket Town Immigration instead today and I asked about Patong. They said the note about the system failure was not exactly the truth. The real problem is that there is no-one there with the authority to sign all the necessary documents. Apparently it's going to be at least another week until they sort out the staffing issue and re-open.

Quite why they couldn't send one of the dozens of officials from Phuket Town is beyond me. 

Anyway, if you're planning to go down to Patong Immigration in the immediate future it may be worth calling first to check if it's open. The number is 076-340-477.

5 hours ago, Jimi007 said:

The Patong Immigration office has always been a joke! Remember when they closed for well over a year to "remodel" then when they re-opened they had even more limited services?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

It was the single time I had a decent encounter with Immigration when I went there for an extension a few years ago.  

Just now, ThaiWai said:

It was the single time I had a decent encounter with Immigration when I went there for an extension a few years ago.  

What did you extend at Patong immigration?  A tourist visa entry or a visa exempt entry ? 

7 hours ago, PJ33 said:

I went down to Patong immigration yesterday to do my 90-day report as usual but the place was locked up with a sign on the door saying "System no work contact Phuket Town Immigration".

I went to Phuket Town Immigration instead today and I asked about Patong. They said the note about the system failure was not exactly the truth.

"System no work" was, then, the absolute truth.

On 8/4/2017 at 6:05 AM, phuketrichard said:

cant understand why any officer wouldn't jump at the chance to work in Patong

10-12,1-3   how much easier can it get?

Very simple as non of the officers (who is authorized to signed applications) wants to go to the Patong office.

But they found a (sort of) volunteer who is going to the Patong office so hopefully the office should be open again sometime this week.

Patong is still closed.  I was there at 10 AM today.  The office was partially or possibly fully gutted and there was construction.  I went to Phuket Town to do my 90 day.  I asked about Patong but I did not learn anything.  I'm guessing they won't be open tomorrow or Friday this week though.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Coconut Kidd said:

Is this place open yet?

How is online reporting working these days?

Kidd

Right now I checked the web site and it appears to work - at least the input details side. As I not yet used it I cannot comment on whether it works, but forum posts suggest it works but don't expect confirmation until that last day of the 90 day period. 

• 2 weeks later...

I don’t know what was going on in there today, but it was FUBAR.

I arrived at 1045 with all my papers/copies in order for my 90 day report based on Retirement. A very cute Thai girl met me at the door, looked through my papers and said I needed to fill out a TM47 even though my situation has not changed. There were about 10 people inside and I got out at noon.

The last time I was there I was in/out in 4 minutes with about the same number of customers (cattle).

Kidd

Edited by Coconut Kidd

23 hours ago, Coconut Kidd said:

I don’t know what was going on in there today, but it was FUBAR.

I arrived at 1045 with all my papers/copies in order for my 90 day report based on Retirement. A very cute Thai girl met me at the door, looked through my papers and said I needed to fill out a TM47 even though my situation has not changed. There were about 10 people inside and I got out at noon.

The last time I was there I was in/out in 4 minutes with about the same number of customers (cattle).

Kidd

Same experience with a friend who went there a week ago...........

Previously gave passport and a copy (sometimes they asked, sometimes didn't!) but this time they wanted copies of just about everything apart from his inside leg measurement!!!!!

Has become a bloody joke/farce.

2 hours ago, phuketrichard said:

heaps or just

copy ur info page on PP

copy ur visa

copy ur departure card

hos F#@king hard is that

Well that's quite a bit more paperwork than just walking in with your passport with your old 90 report stapled in the back, having it scanned and sign the new one, isn't it? 

55 minutes ago, Jimi007 said:

Well that's quite a bit more paperwork than just walking in with your passport with your old 90 report stapled in the back, having it scanned and sign the new one, isn't it? 

Yes because last time was pp and copy of info page....time before pp only.

The point is you never know what they will ask for, so some consistency would be nice!