Thai girl I met online wants to stay with me for a week.

haja5

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Roger Harris said:

MONEY MONEY MONEY thats what its about, I was new here a while back, got sucked in by this poor soaking girl in the pooring rain. Wonderful dinner, great company until I got home with her, she drugged me stole all money she could find, wedding ring, phone, watch etc.

Be careful mate, all that glitters is not gold especially in Thailand

Wedding ring!!

1 hour ago, wildewillie89 said:

I think that is just how some of the new generation do it. Which is stupid and dangerous. Whether in Thai or overseas. Back when I was living in Melbourne many Thai (who also lived in Melb) would do the same. Wouldn't care how far they travelled to stay, but would would want to stay for at least a few days. Many more would do it here. The OP's situation I am sure is quiet a common one (probably more for younger, stupid people I admit - as they don't have the money for a hotel, or don't have many friends in BKK to stay with).

Or maybe it is their way of sucking people into a relationship - by almost moving into the mans place from the get go. Maybe they cannot afford or justify paying and using so much travel time to meet him just for an hour or two...most circumstances do not involve money unless men are moving in the wrong circles. 

Yes, in my younger days I had a great place in Manila. My housemate and I would invite young coeds over to the house--knowing they often were bed-spacers or even time-sharers in the crowded little rooms in which they lived. The coeds loved having access to an entire house, complete with TV, stereo, large fully-stocked kitchen, laundry room and lovely garden. The fact they were expected to share our beds seemed no problem. In fact, it got to the point where we had to limit the stay of the girls to one or maybe two days; some days we had five or six girls. Ah, but that was a bit different, we met them face to face at university and we were both good-looking young men. Still, we offered them something of value, even if not money.

Edited by smotherb
clarification

1 minute ago, smotherb said:

Yes, in my younger days I had a great place in Manila. My housemate and I would invite young coeds over to the house--knowing they often were bed-spacers or even time-sharers in the crowded little rooms in which they lived. The coeds loved having access to an entire house, complete with TV, stereo, large fully-stocked kitchen, laundry room and lovely garden. The fact they were expected to share our beds seemed no problem. In fact, it got to the point where we had to limit the stay of the girls to one or maybe two days; some days we had five or six girls. Ah, but that was a bit different, we met them face to face at university and we were both good-looking young men. Still, we offered them something of value.

In Melbourne, yeah they would stay with you (as they had Thai friends back at their place). However, seeing as they were living in Melbourne, they obviously had money. So they would be more than happy to pay for everything seeing as you were letting them stay. Even here in Thai when I first came for a holiday some of the people I met would happily pay and refuse if I offered. 

Depends on the people the OP meets I guess....but more times than not I would suggest money is not a contributing factor at all (if the guy is young). Age is a big factor, people forget sometimes others could potentially be young so it is not all about the money.

22 hours ago, worgeordie said:

When you go to work in the morning lock the door,give her 500 THB,and tell her you'll

see her  when you finish work,but make sure you get your 500 THB 's worth,in case

she does not come back,or you could take a few days off work,and maybe you need

to start thinking for yourself.

regards Worgeordie

Why give her 500? If someone came to stay with you in Farangland would you do that? No, I didn't think so.

6 minutes ago, wildewillie89 said:

In Melbourne, yeah they would stay with you (as they had Thai friends back at their place). However, seeing as they were living in Melbourne, they obviously had money. So they would be more than happy to pay for everything seeing as you were letting them stay. Even here in Thai when I first came for a holiday some of the people I met would happily pay and refuse if I offered. 

Depends on the people the OP meets I guess....but more times than not I would suggest money is not a contributing factor at all (if the guy is young). Age is a big factor, people forget sometimes others could potentially be young so it is not all about the money.

I have no problem with being young and attractive and being able to get women. In fact, I think that ability should last until a man is in his 40's. I think the problem is too many men get old and argumentative, loose their personalities into a cocktail glass or a beer bottle, and then wonder why women only want money from them.  I am 72 years old and have been in Southeast Asia for over 50 years. Funny, I still have lots of young women friends; just that my wife won't let me get closer than friendship--and maybe I'd feel a little like the dog that chases the car.  

Im curious have any of you had a situation similar to this?
I met her online, and now she wants to come to BKK and stay with me for a week. I have work so there would be days where I wouldnt be home ( im not okay with that). Im also curious in why just meeting me online she feels ready to just come live with me for a week.

There could be a variety of reasons that she wants to stay. From your limited post it doesn't seem like you are ready for it especially as you are uncomfortable with her staying in your home in your absence.
As some have said arrange a night somewhere else when she comes. Suss her out and if you wanna take it further then go from there. No need to hurry. If she don't tick your boxes then Move on with out any drama.
It's not difficult really.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

5 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Why give her 500? If someone came to stay with you in Farangland would you do that? No, I didn't think so.

So would you let someone stay in your house,that you did not know ?,in Farangland or here ?

and he cannot just turf her out the house,while he's at work,so give her 500 THB so she can

eat,travel around while he's at work,

regards Worgeordie

3 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

So would you let someone stay in your house,that you did not know ?,in Farangland or here ?

and he cannot just turf her out the house,while he's at work,so give her 500 THB so she can

eat,travel around while he's at work,

regards Worgeordie

1 - I would not let a stranger stay in my house. And nor would you, I expect. 2 - the girl is not his responsibility. She should be paying him for letting her stay, not the other way around.

Strange, the way people when here so often lose all sense of common sense and reason. We sometimes call it leaving their brain at the airport (although I appreciate you are a long-term resident)

I guess it´s gonna be a bit of work here. :shock1: Anyway I am sincerely going to do the best out of the powers handed to me, to help you on your way and to deal with this gigantic and unique problem. :smile:

First I would like to tell you to not worry. This is something that actually could happen to anybody.
To make all this clear and simple, we have to break up your post in some specific pieces.

Regarding the part !Im curious have any of you had a situation similar to this?"

Here we have a curiosity, that probably in reality do not point at other people. The fact, I assume, is that you feel curious and that your subconsious mind is transfer it as a question.
In this case I am not positive 100 percent, and if I might be wrong, then all comes in a single answer perspective.
The answer here is probably that most people looking for a partner have known themselfs in the same position. Most people can cope with it by themselfs, but other choose to ask the public.

After this it comes down to the so called punch line "I met her online, and now she wants to come to BKK and stay with me for a week."

This is not an easy one, but I guess it all comes down to feelings. With that I mean both mental, psychological and fysical feelings have hard to express themself in the virtual world. That is probably why she want to come see you. However there often is, and can be, a world of reason for why. Here we then have to combine the last part of your message "Im also curious in why just meeting me online she feels ready to just come live with me for a week.", which is sticking like glue to that she wants to come stay with you.

In my opinion there is 2 very well know reasons for this kind of behaviour from a Thai girl:

• Economical reasons: She is in need of money and have been told that foreigners are loaded with it
  • She might be curious or even starting to develop feelings for you: Hera you might have a winner or a looser. In this case only a try out to se if the mindset fits in your world can determine that.

The part in the middle of your post is "I have work so there would be days where I wouldnt be home ( im not okay with that)." and there we actually have the point in this conversation that you actually, all alone, have the possibility to refuse instead of agree. However like other posters already mentioned, there are a couple of solutions for that problem if you wish to agree to a room mate for a week.

• Give her some money to spend when you are at work, maybe she even can find that funny
  • Be the man you seem to be, and tell her the truth. I just don´t know you well enough yet. If you want to come stay with me, you must have somewhere to stay when I am at work. I am just not ready to put my trust in you yet. Easily explained, in that way you just don´t give her the key, your bankbook, ATM-card and all your personal information directly. That, for me, seems like a sensible and logical solution that sounds like it works.

On the other hand, if you do not have anything secret or small valuable items in your home, then it´s just not going to be like she walks away with you bed and sofa. So you see, there is a solution in all situations.

To go back a little bit as an ending part of this safe and secure post with a lot of advice, I would like to spend sometime talking about "The BIG why"
Here it´s definately going to come back to what you have been up to during your chat sessions. What have you been talking about? What kind of photos have you been sharing with each other?

• Have you been calling her cute and sweet? Then off course that can be the answer!
  • It might even be enough with that you haqve mentioned that you are single and living alone!
  • If you have been talking about that you work here and make a good salury to live on. Then that might be the reason, and it fits the economical reasons section.
  • If the sharing photos have been out of the more sensual and explict kind, then we have a clear go on that one!
  • As for one more it might just be a nice and kind girl that happens to like you, and are ready to try if you are the right one.

If you now are single, which I assume, then I would actually advice you to try this out. Maybe it ain´t gonna work for a long time realtionship, but that´s ok! It does not seem like she is the shy one, and it just might end up to be a fantastic experience. Off course it can be bad too, but one week of pain is something we all have to endure sometimes in our lifes. There is also one small chance that it´s your trip to heaven with a great experience that turns out to be love and a lifelong relationship.

I sincerely hope that all theese thoughts can be of help. Good luck, whatever you decide to do, dude!

6 hours ago, spectrumisgreen said:

Yeah test her. But then again, don't. That's just playing silly games. What would you say.." Ah, I knew it!! I left a 100 baht sticking out from under my pillow, and one just partly under the towel rack, and now they've gone. No excuses love, I've got your number.. now, let's be avving you along!!'???

Not even the point nor the question of the original post, anyway, is it? Personally, I'd think someone who suddenly puts themselves forward to come and stay with you for a week in all likelihood has a much less temporary period in mind! Either the intent is to convince you of how good that would  be for you also, or maybe she could just refuse to leave after the 7 days are up. Could be a genuine 'trip' to come stay a short while with someone she thinks she really likes, of course, but then you won't know that until she's here.. say, after 6 of the 7 days! Just a thought. :wai:

well I am sure you have many good or equally silly reasons in your reasoning?

but if the girl ends up in being a thief, I would not give a damm on loosing a few hundred THB...the main thing is to be sure on what type of person she is before getting into trouble? IMHO

better to loose a few hundred then to loose more?...but then again this is my opinion only and my sole line of thought that links my posts with the original post. Guess it does require a bit of a broader scope of thinking? IMHO

thank you for your comments. :wai::WPFflags:

7 hours ago, likeke said:

Same thing happened to me about 5 years ago. Met online. I arrived at my hotel, and she was waiting there with a few suitcases. Took me a few days, but I eventually took her to the Victory Monument area where  the vans used to be parked, and made sure she got into one. Mission accomplished. Three days later I go back to me room, and she is standing there ironing my clothes. Apparently the front desk was used to seeing her with me, and assumed she was with me when she asked for an extra key to my room. Anyway, I told her to leave immediately and she refused. I went down to the front desk and informed them of the situation. I and the manager and two security guys walked to my room and made sure she left. The manager asked me if I wanted to press charges, but I said no. I just wanted her out of the hotel. She was told to never return to the hotel or she would be arrested. Don't do what did. Run Forrest run!!!!!

There you go......I've had quite a few like this.

OP even if she is willing to leave, she might present you with your bill for one week of services.

5 hours ago, stephen tracy said:

Dear OP, I did try online dating here for about a year but never had anyone ask to stay with me for a whole week before we'd actually me in the flesh.  I know there's a lot of sarcastic comments here, which is typical of a lot of TV members who think all Thai women are on the game in one way or another, but a whole week does seem a bit suspect if you haven't known her for long.  When I did the online dating thing, I met some nice woman, a couple of weirdos and one shameless money-grabber, but for the most part they were all decent people.  Nothing ever came of any of the dates mind.

I mentioned the general situation to my Thai friends. They said something interesting, that saying someone wants to 'come to stay', doesn't necessarily mean that they want to stay with you in the same accommodation. They said that it is interchangeable, that 'stay with you' may only mean 'come to meet you'.  For what its worth. Only you know the context of the phrase when it was used by her. 

She may not have said it but in my opinion, she is looking for money for servicing your needs for a week. 

There is an assumption that all Farangs are loaded and generous. 

If that works for you, go for it. Have a great romp !

haja5 Are you being a troll ?    Seems very similar to posts you made in Aug 18-19  2015 when talking about 1st Thai GF from Thai Friendly that you met and you wanted to know what to do. Haven't figured that out since 2015 ?   What happened with that girl? If you screwed things up with her just act opposite way with this one

37 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

haja5 Are you being a troll ?    Seems very similar to posts you made in Aug 18-19  2015 when talking about 1st Thai GF from Thai Friendly that you met and you wanted to know what to do. Haven't figured that out since 2015 ?   What happened with that girl? If you screwed things up with her just act opposite way with this one

Tony 125 may very well be right that this is a troll. Most members seem to have recognized this as there really wasn't many responses to what the OP

might have thought would garner many titillating responses. I guess this one bombed !

20 hours ago, mikosan said:

We really do have a large group on cynics on TV, don't we, but the OP is stupid enough to warrant it and makes me suspect a wind-up.  Invite her down, shag her rotten for the week and pay her as little money as you can get away with, then make your mind up.  I also like the precautions suggested by observer90210 above.

shag her rotton for a week,shouldnt he take her to the CLINIC FIRST.:shock1:

15 hours ago, smotherb said:

Yes, three intelligent, productive good-looking women.  The last one for almost 40 years now.

What';s the matter bunky, can't find even one?

bunky i wouldn't want one i was breast feed as a child and dont need one i can take of myself now im a man thank you.:cheesy:

4 hours ago, catman20 said:

bunky i wouldn't want one i was breast feed as a child and dont need one i can take of myself now im a man thank you.:cheesy:

You really don't have a clue, do you?  It seems you believe all an intelligent, productive, good-looking woman can do is breastfeed you, my how unfortunate. 

1 hour ago, smotherb said:

You really don't have a clue, do you?  It seems you believe all an intelligent, productive, good-looking woman can do is breastfeed you, my how unfortunate. 

im afraid that you are the one with no clue, as you are the one whos been married 3 times :cheesy: and you still dont get it :cheesy: its a scam mate got it !!!!!! now ? 

Tell her to come and do her. But tell her that you just met so she can't be home without you. She gotta go out that day and do something. 

it happened to me and the girl told me, okay I'll go to beauty salon etc. I said no sweetheart, you are going to go and do some volunteer work. See you in the evening. 

On 8/4/2017 at 10:35 AM, ben2talk said:

Fantastic.

Quite a few years ago a girl told me she had travelled to Ram soi 24 to meet her friend who wasn't home... I invited her for coffee while she waited.

She waited for 2 months before returning home to Malaysia.

Is he Malaysian chinese ? Malaysian Indian, or Malaysian Malay? You lucky man. Free pussy 4 two months?

On 8/4/2017 at 11:40 AM, speedtripler said:

Some expats been here so long their English has fallen into line with the Thai average.... :) 

Yeah, you are right Speedtripler. I can see that. Some even neglect their attire, they dress like a tuk tuk man, have they gone native?