Did i get blacklisted? Is this a blacklist stamp?

Can someone tell me what this stamp in my passport says and does it mean i am being blacklisted? I was arrested for marijuna possession and got a 2500 baht fine with 2 months suspended jail time. After court i got arrested and locked up for two days at police station. After this i was brought to IDC Bangkok where after several days i could  purchase a ticket and after that i got kicked out of the country...My lawyer says i am not blacklisted but somehow i have a bad feeling about this...

IMG_1587.JPG

Edited by Odiefier
  • Sad 1

You were denied entry on August st under section 12 clause 7 of the immigration act.

7. Having behavior which would indicated possible danger to the public or likelihood of being a
nuisance or constituting any violence to the peace or safety of the public or to the security of the public or
to the security of the nation , or being under warrant of arrest by competent officials of foreign
governments.

Unless there is another stamp stating you are banned not shown you can try entering the country again.

19 minutes ago, Odiefier said:

But i was leaving the country on 1st August instead of entering..

I assumed the departure stamp was done after they denied entry.

The entry stamp shows you should of left on the 23rd of July. Did you pay an overstay fine.

Edit:Got a full  translation.

Correction it looked like a standard denial of entry stamp which is my error. It does say you were in possession of ganja.

Were you in detention before you left. The blue stamp says you were deported on the 31st of July

I entered the country on 25th of May with a 60 days single entry visa. I should have left on 23rd of July but had my court date on 25th of July. My lawyer said they took care of this and i didn't pay an overstay fine. So i entered on 25th of May and left on 1st of August. So they didn't deny entry..

17 minutes ago, Odiefier said:

But i was leaving the country on 1st August instead of entering..

Regardless of when that stamp was placed in your passport it now forms part of your immigration computer record. 

You should expect to be closely questioned if you attempt to re-enter Thailand.  The possibility of being denied  entry is high. . 

50 minutes ago, Odiefier said:

Can someone tell me what this stamp in my passport says and does it mean i am being blacklisted? I was arrested for marijuna possession and got a 2500 baht fine with 2 months suspended jail time. After court i got arrested and locked up for two days at police station. After this i was brought to IDC Bangkok where after several days i could  purchase a ticket and after that i got kicked out of the country...My lawyer says i am not blacklisted but somehow i have a bad feeling about this...

IMG_1587.JPG

19 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Were you in detention before you left. The blue stamp says you were deported on the 31st of July

After court arrested and 2 nights police station. Then transported overnight to IDC Bangkok and there i was for 4 nights..

You were deported for having Ganja in your possession.  Provided that there is not another stamp in your passport indicating that you are banned from future entry you should be OK.  That said, if you return to Thailand at some time in the future the moment that you present your passport to the immigration officer expect to be pulled to one side and questioned/searched.

You should also be aware that with that stamp in your passport you may also encounter problems when entering other countries.

Edited by 007 RED
Typo error
  • Like 2

There is no mention of a ban or blacklisting. It's difficult to read but I think the stamp just confirms the marijuana possession, 2 year suspension, a fine of 2,500 baht, and quotes section 12.7 of the immigration act.

Although it doesn't seem that you are banned/blacklisted, IMO, having deported you based on section 12.7 they could use that law to deny you entry in the future at the discretion of the border IO.

Also, anyone having been deported can be denied entry in the future under section 12.11.

I imagine you're basically going to be at the mercy of border IO's.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, 007 RED said:

You should also be aware that with that stamp in your passport you may also encounter problems when entering other countries.

so, then he should get another passport; the thais will have his record here, but doubt the other countries could see that absent the (old) passport

• Thanks 1

I guess what I would do in this type of situation is, if I wanted to come back:

(1) (Optional) Check my name for 2k baht with an agency against the blacklist.

(2) Get a new passport

(3) Apply for an SETV.

(4) Attempt to enter Thailand again via a land border, where, if I got rejected, they'd send me back to where I just came from.

Edited by lkv
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, PoorSucker said:

Further posts about legal, medical or anything else about marjuana will be deleted without notice. 

Thank you for help staying on Topic and everybody else Thank You for helping.

My lawyer is going to check with immigration...i'll keep you posted.

Never seen anyone blacklisted for ganja.

And at the same time never seen this written in a passport. It seems not correct to write the reason on the passport.

Of course no other country will be able to understand this, but still, it should not be written, passport belongs to your home country, not to Thai.

Where did it happen ? You must have had very bad luck !

14 hours ago, 007 RED said:

You were deported for having Ganja in your possession.  Provided that there is not another stamp in your passport indicating that you are banned from future entry you should be OK.  That said, if you return to Thailand at some time in the future the moment that you present your passport to the immigration officer expect to be pulled to one side and questioned/searched.

Would 'other countries' be able to understand a stamp in Thai language?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, wgdanson said:

Yes is a simple answer.... any IO flicking through the OPs passport will see the deportation stamp and that will trigger questions... also the individual IO may not speak/read Thai but they will have access to interpreters via phone/online.

Edited by 007 RED
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

US IOs for example have a reference book by country and if not at the desk they easily can call in supervisor who can pull it up online. Any stamp out of the ordinary would stand out as they say, 'like a sore thumb'

2 yr ban.  It is a blacklisted stamp that will show up like a red flag to a bull. Based on section 12.7 they could use that law to deny you entry in the future at the discretion of the border IO.

See you in a few years.  drugs are illegal and rightly so.

Edited by steven100
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

Off topic posts removed.

Wife says the stamp is hard to read but it says you have a two year suspended jail conviction. 

She asks why you want to come back and risk two years in monkey house. 

Oh cmon, thats an easy question. He want to come to Thailand so he can smoke marihuana and ganja and do all bad stuff. Why do it in his country when its more excited to do it here :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1