Visa Agents in Bangkok

Hi everyone,

long time listener, first time caller.

I am in Thailand on a 60 day tourist visa which is now extended until August 25th but I have decided to stay longer if possible.

Reading through the forum topics old and new I think the best option for myself is to apply for another single entry tourist visa within a neighboring country.

A little googling has turned up a few businesses that perform visa runs and I would like to know if it is easy as their websites make it out to be. I was looking at one particular agency, Bangkok Buddy.

In my case this will be a first for me, no back to back tourist visas entries in my passport. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thank you

I emailed ThaiVisaService and they were very prompt in replying.

No doubt if push came to shove I could make my own way to Laos and apply for a new TV but I guess it would best see how it's done first.

I get the impression these agents are 'known' to immigration  and perhaps that greases the wheels. Or I could just be imagining that.

30 minutes ago, fondue zoo said:

Thank you

I emailed ThaiVisaService and they were very prompt in replying.

No doubt if push came to shove I could make my own way to Laos and apply for a new TV but I guess it would best see how it's done first.

I get the impression these agents are 'known' to immigration  and perhaps that greases the wheels. Or I could just be imagining that.

You would imagine right.. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I know this topic is a few weeks on now but I am only a week out from the expiry of my visa extension and am uncertain about the current status of ThaiVisaService.

Their reply to my first email was prompt as stated but after that my few general questions have not resulted with much in the way of helpful information.

e.g  My email to confirm my intention of using the service and for the name(s) of the hotels used sent 2 days ago has not had a response.  A follow up phone call rang out.

To be fair their website does state that bookings are not required and that it is a  first come, first served scenario.  

It's Thailand and I know there is a more 'relaxed' approach to business here,  but there are those of you here who can 'read the signs" better than myself and I thought it best to check in..

You will have no problems at all with TVS

Turn up around 7pm at the meeting point, (they do not take bookings) and everything else is then taken care of

I have used them 4 or 5 times, the last time 2 months ago,  they are reliable and you really have nothing to worry about

Thank you, as it happens they have emailed me today.

Would you happen to know about Internet access in Vientiane?  I need to have access during the couple of days we will be there.

The three hotels they use have hot and cold reviews regarding WiFi, I am leaning towards purchasing a local sim with a data pack..

8 minutes ago, fondue zoo said:

Would you happen to know about Internet access in Vientiane?  I need to have access during the couple of days we will be there.

The three hotels they use have hot and cold reviews regarding WiFi, I am leaning towards purchasing a local sim with a data pack..

Your best getting a local SIM. Hotel WIFI is usually not a reliable resource

I always stay at ibis Vientiane for the sole reason because I need a reliable internet. It's pretty fast and the beds are comfortable. It's not super cheap, but to me it's absolutely worth it.

2 hours ago, fondue zoo said:

Wifi at the 3 hotels they use is just ok, not the best but useable

I will keep the Ibis in mind for next time, I'm assuming I'm locked into the packaged hotel options this time round. 

The Unitel sim cards look to be available in most corner stores according to Google. There was even mention of True Mobile having some overlap just over the border.

Thanks again everyone for the advice.

6 minutes ago, fondue zoo said:

I will keep the Ibis in mind for next time, I'm assuming I'm locked into the packaged hotel options this time round. 

The Unitel sim cards look to be available in most corner stores according to Google. There was even mention of True Mobile having some overlap just over the border.

Thanks again everyone for the advice.

You can get Thai signals just over the border but you won't get one at the hotels, they are to far inside Vientianne center