Moving : send boxes to Europe

phompen

I'm moving, going back to France after 6 years in Bangkok
I have too much things to get all my stuff in the plane, I suppose it's 20 kg per passenger, and I think I have arround 40-50 kg of things,
so I would like to send some boxes to France

what is the best, and the cheaper ? thailand post ?

how much it cost per kilogram ?

what is the delay ?
is there insurance ?

also I will try to sell some stuff before to go, is there a second hand section on this forum ?

1 hour ago, phompen said:

I have too much things to get all my stuff in the plane, I suppose it's 20 kg per passenger, and I think I have arround 40-50 kg of things,

You have a couple of options apart from sending your stuff separately.

To Europe most airlines allow one bag of 23kgs plus a hand-carried bag. Some airlines (usually the Middle Eastern ones) give a higher allowance.

You could fly business class which, depending on the airline, could give you up to about 70kgs of baggage spread over 3 bags (plus your carry-on allowance, of course).

Being a frequent flyer member may get you an extra allowance on top of that in any class.

The other thing to investigate would be the price of taking pre-paid extra baggage, even in economy. Some airlines are still quite generous about this.

Many airlines will allow you 30 kgs in 2 bags, and one or sometimes two kgs overweight should be OK, there's a thread in the travel-forum  ..

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/572662-baggage-allowances-over-20-kgs/?page=10

Then one carry-on bag, a pull-along or a day-pack weighing 7-8kgs, and a lap-top bag with your computer/tablet/phone and any books or other heavy stuff.

Wear your jacket, and use the pockets, for more minor stuff. 

Abandon any remnants of toiletries, and you're pretty-much up to 45kgs as the OP needs.

I usually carry 50kgs when returning from the UK, with lots of presents & goodies, although only 10-15 heading the other way !

Edited by Ricardo

thank you all for your replies

by plane the price of supplementary kilogram is very expensive, I remember on Air France it was 15 euro per kilogram, I had 38 kilograms on 23 allowed, so I have paid 15 euro x 15 kg = 225 euro

also it's hard to carry 40-50 kg for one person

I will check DHL and FedEx for the price, I think it should be cheaper than having more kilograms on the plane

excepted some second hand facebook groups, where I could sell some of my second hand stuff ?

I have a very nice hifi system, is there some shops buying in Bangkok ?

I would like to get it to france but there is a very heavy subwoofer, so I guess the fees to send would be high

37 minutes ago, phompen said:

by plane the price of supplementary kilogram is very expensive, I remember on Air France it was 15 euro per kilogram, I had 38 kilograms on 23 allowed, so I have paid 15 euro x 15 kg = 225 euro

also it's hard to carry 40-50 kg for one person

I will check DHL and FedEx for the price, I think it should be cheaper than having more kilograms on the plane

You are wrong. Many airlines will take an extra bag for an all-in price if you prepay it as I mentioned. If Air France doesnt then just look at other airlines.

50kg is hard to carry? Who carries anything these days? They have trolleys for that.

Couriers will cost more.

To OP:

I think Thailand Post would be a good option for you.

Flying Biz. was suggested. Finnair Biz would give you 3*30 kg all the way BKK-HEL-CDG.

A part-load in a container could be an option, not expensive and not so slow, then you could send the subw. also.

10 hours ago, KittenKong said:

You are wrong. Many airlines will take an extra bag for an all-in price if you prepay it as I mentioned. If Air France doesnt then just look at other airlines.

50kg is hard to carry? Who carries anything these days? They have trolleys for that.

Couriers will cost more.

ah ok prepaid, I should check that yes

50 kg with a trolley is ok, but I go more far than Paris, I need to take train after

I've checked for DHL or FedEx, it's so expensive !!

I will probably use Ukrain airlines to go back, how to know their policy for excessive weight ?

I've tried to find when I simulate to buy a plane ticket but I don't see info about this

I seem to be 23 kg on most of the companies, but how much is 1 kg overweight ?