rooster59

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 8/6/2017 at 8:06 PM, Get Real said:

And what was there to understand. You have to understand that for example beating over 20 people in the head with a stick, must be considered more evil than placing shoes on somebody.
I am well aware of whats very bad and considered that out of tradition och lifestyle, but it´s high time to compare and understand todays reality.

Both things are wrong and should never happened, but really! Ask yourself again. What is there more to understand?

your eyes are frail , they only see what is your preconceived notion of what is acceptable in your circle of influence . and that is a very very  small circle . ahhh.... the self centered why cant you be like me  ?  "to days reality" ?  do you not know where you are ?  thailand , ... while i love it  , i can also say they are at least 50 years behind  the west in social values  . and 50 years ago my parents were forced by law to allow the school system to exact corporal punishment on all students , i suspect you  were in the same situation . you never served , i feel , you were never broken down and molded into something better . it is people like yourself that has created the snow-flakes  of the world and now you are trying to socially engineer the thai yuts . these kids have a lot of problems already without carrying your heavy baggage  . 

5 hours ago, mikiea said:

your eyes are frail , they only see what is your preconceived notion of what is acceptable in your circle of influence . and that is a very very  small circle . ahhh.... the self centered why cant you be like me  ?  "to days reality" ?  do you not know where you are ?  thailand , ... while i love it  , i can also say they are at least 50 years behind  the west in social values  . and 50 years ago my parents were forced by law to allow the school system to exact corporal punishment on all students , i suspect you  were in the same situation . you never served , i feel , you were never broken down and molded into something better . it is people like yourself that has created the snow-flakes  of the world and now you are trying to socially engineer the thai yuts . these kids have a lot of problems already without carrying your heavy baggage  . 

Oh, dear! I guess only you understand what you just wrote????

By the way, I did serve. The strange thing is, though, that I can not for a second understand why all people are talking about that serving makes boys into men. It´s just some kind of old saying. Everybody know that life experience and knowledge about things makes a person. I was also not critizising or specifically talking or pointing at the kids. I was pointing at the schoolsystem and the authorities.

"they only see what is your preconceived notion of what is acceptable in your circle of influence" Hmmm.... I would like to know what this means.....Totally blur and a lot of words combines to make confusion sound intelligent.

On 08/05/2017 at 11:16 AM, canuckamuck said:

Three kids in the hospital and another 18 were also whacked in the head with bamboo. But that teacher will only be investigated.

This teacher put the kid's own shoes on his head and she is fired without question.

You can beat our kids and injure them, but don't you dare make them lose face.

Unfortunately, Thai culture remains a mystery to many foreigners living here.

10 hours ago, mikiea said:

50 years!! Try 600 years.................

On 8/5/2017 at 9:47 AM, z42 said:

Cue the weepy apology (with additional inane sob story). Some (false) wai's, some offers of money to the boy's parents, an apology to the parents and the public (but not the boy), and maybe a transfer.. But sacked, i'd bet my house on that not happening ?

Where do you live? 

UPDATE:

Shoes on student's head teacher ordered out of the class from today

6pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

The "scandalous" teacher who made a student prostrate and crawl on the floor with his shoes on his head as a punishment has been ordered out of the class.

Full story: https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/996231-shoes-on-students-head-teacher-ordered-out-of-the-class-from-today/

On 8/5/2017 at 0:08 PM, Pesche said:

I've seen the video.

Living here in Thailand since nearly 25 years I've learned a lot about Thai Culture.

I do wonder what the pupil did! What did he do to receive such a humiliation in front of his comrades at school?

Understandable that it's a big story considering that it is a teacher doing this!! Shocking and shameful for the "educator"...

Somewhere I read he didn't take his shoes off when he entered the room.

Edited by mesquite