Language no obstacle for Italian paramedic Marco!

rooster59

Language no obstacle for Italian paramedic Marco!

eae17f37-5d93-444c-80da-a514cece4870.png

Image: Tnews

Locals at the scene of a motorcycle accident in Prajuab Khirikhan yesterday were surprised at one of the medics on the foundation team.

He was 73 year old Marco from Italy. He was currently helping staunch the blood flow in a hand wound of one of the victims at the accident in Muang district of Prajuab.

Tnews found out that Marco was a former ambulance driver and medic in Italy before coming to Thailand. He has lived in the area for many years and has a Thai wife.

However, he cant speak Thai or English.

Marco originally applied to do voilunteer work at a foundation in Petchaburi and helped out there for two years.

After this he transferred and for the last four years he has been attached to the Sawang Prajuab foundation sporting their smart blue uniform.

He helps out one or two mornings a week using his valuable experience to help people in distress.

He usually goes back to Italy at Christmas time.

Tnews said that language was no obstacle for Marco - if he needs a word he goes to Google Translate for help.

Source: Tnews

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-08-05

13 minutes ago, sweatalot said:

so embarrassing I have to say that:

hopefully he has a work permit

So embarrassing to say did you read the story?

He is a volunteer through a foundation in petchaburi and then transferred.

Fycks sake the whole is story is only a few hundred words how hard could it be to comprehend?

> starky

"He is a volunteer through a foundation in petchaburi and then transferred.

Fycks sake the whole is story is only a few hundred words how hard could it be to comprehend?"

I thought even volunteers would need a work permit in Thailand - and btw. why are you getting rude?  Your beer  too warm?

Edited by sweatalot

3 hours ago, sweatalot said:

> starky

Fycks sake the whole is story is only a few hundred words how hard could it be to comprehend?"

I thought even volunteers would need a work permit in Thailand - and btw. why are you getting rude?  Your beer  too warm?

Not being rude you would just think ..maybe, just maybe that after having so many years behind him as a volunteer that he would have everything in order either personally or through the foundation that employes him, but im not a narc so that could just be me. IMO dont worry about the warmth of my beer, as I hardly drink, its the pissheads on here that frequently Thai bash and worry about visas, work permits and the rest. Most couldnt give a rats. I certainly wouldnt take 3 seconds out of my day worrying about it.

Does he have current and valid Emergency Medical Technician and Paramedic Certification for Thailand? A European BLS certificate is not recognized in Thailand either so I take it he has obtained one in Thailand?

If yes to the above then fair play to him, but if he has not got his certification in order then it is not a great idea to go running around giving out medical treatment.

5 minutes ago, Nord X said:

Does he have current and valid Emergency Medical Technician and Paramedic Certification for Thailand? A European BLS certificate is not recognized in Thailand either so I take it he has obtained one in Thailand?

I have rescued a Thai man from drawning in sea, i didn't have a workpermit nor a certification for rescue-swimming. I handed the man over to his wife and daughters and went to my bungalow because i didn't want to be the hero of the beach.

Italians speak very little english though, even in their own beachresorts at the mediterranean sea. So even an ambulance paramedic can't speak english in Italy?? Well i don't speak Italian so i'm happy he didn't have to rescue me.

4 minutes ago, Thian said:

I have rescued a Thai man from drawning in sea, i didn't have a workpermit nor a certification for rescue-swimming. I handed the man over to his wife and daughters and went to my bungalow because i didn't want to be the hero of the beach.

Good on you. You made a spur of the moment decision and it saved a persons life. There is a big difference to that and volunteering on a regular basis to give medical assistance to people. You can't just go out dressed up in a uniform giving medical assistance to people if you don't have relevant qualifications and certification.

I'm certainly not saying this is the case here, he most probably is fully qualified with all Thai certification in place and is fully insured and licensed to perform the tasks he does on the general public.

Edited by Nord X

5 hours ago, sweatalot said:

> starky

Username checks out....