Incomes: bar work vs conventional?

JSixpack

1 hour ago, georgemandm said:

So what is the big deal about my English and grammar, did not make me a  Multi millionaire , that my English is not up to your so called  standards .

you see people like you  criticise people because they not that good at English.

Are you a better person then me ? , because you think you are better at English then me ? , know you are not we all end up in the same place dead .

A course in Anger Management may help as well...

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7.8.2017 at 9:48 AM, Thaidream said:

Very few save their money or put it into land or possibly a condo. Most who are making money think they will be able to get more over and over again. Unfortunately, it is the Thai mentality. LIve for today and forget about tomorrow.  They can't seem to contemplate that they are aging day by day and their beauty will leave and their will and ability to act will eventually give way to despair and depression. It is in reality a horrible life...with the majority failing.. and ending up back on the farm- destitute. They keep coming for the same reason a person buys the lottery...just a chance to hit the big payday.

Reading this post brings back memories.

On my first holiday in Thailand (1996), I met a nice Thai Lady. We spent my 3 week holiday together. She was 32 and very attractive.

Last January, I sat at Starbucks (Beach-Road, Pattaya). Was approached by a Thail Lady. It took me 5 minutes to figure out who she was. Yes, it was my holiday-aquaintance of 1996. She was now 52 years old. A wrinkled face, partially grey-haired, underweight, upper front teeth missing (thanks to Thai boyfriend, as she explained.) I was just shocked, can't say it in any other way. She told me that she is "working" on Beach-Road now, not having a regular domicile.

- So this can happen to Bar-Girls, if "Prince-Charming" never came along and never having saved any money when they made good money in their younger years

Most of the "Mama-San's" at the "Bar-Beer's" of today have basically the same "CV". No more glamour, no more Bar Fine, no more Lady Drinks, just Base-Salary. What a way to end a "career", that once looked so bright, thinking it would last forever.

Farangs would comment this with "what a tragic faith". Not so the affected Thais. They have a "cure-all" medicine. It's called "mai pen rai". And if that does not help, there is always the Thai-Lottery.
Cheers.

As I was reading your story, I was expecting a happy ending. I read with anticipation hoping that after spending such a glorious 3 weeks in '96 with the pretty lady, that maybe you would have done something to set her life straight again.

Ah come on, go visit Starbucks again, find her, get those front teeth fixed, spend another 3 weeks with her and put some beef back on her bones.

Just kidding. This is a sad but all too common story.

5 hours ago, georgemandm said:
5 hours ago, Naam said:

a lame and even silly argument. there are many multi-millionaires and even billionaires living in Thailand who care a flying fart about the côte d'azur.

You have know idea we're I am now hahaha 

could be in the the Greek islands having great fun .

not care about mm in thailand all I know is I have a great free life with great money every month and not need to worry about some stupid  pension to live .

and you should read slowly again to comprehend what i wrote.

7 hours ago, georgemandm said:

Not your mate ok .

you have know idea about thai people or thailand.

not going to report you for calling me a liar , because  keyboard warriors like you haven't got the  courage to talk to my face and call me a liar because you know what would happen .

get this ok  It was free my visa for my partner  , you have know idea how to get it free or am I going to tell you , you can't  handle it that you have no idea about the thai  cultural or thai people .

you are attack me , not me you , you come in to this  discussion and  tried to ridicule me about my English and I had know idea what I was saying, yet it comes from a thai person, are you trying to say you know more then the thai people.

I would not want to know you at all , I know from your reply what type of something  You are .

Sorry mate but you attacked me first with your made up stories (lies) and your continual angry replies filled to the brim with yet more made up stories (lies).

Anyhow lets leave it there before one of us get sent on a holiday.

8 hours ago, roo860 said:

Yes I did lean.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Good you are one of very , very few who go to a  foreign country and don't try and lean the  language .

I bet most of those  foreigners that live in there own country get upset at  migrants who can't talk their  language , yet go and live in thailand not trying to lean thai .

3 hours ago, Techno Viking said:

Sorry mate but you attacked me first with your made up stories (lies) and your continual angry replies filled to the brim with yet more made up stories (lies).

Anyhow lets leave it there before one of us get sent on a holiday.

Ok but , like I say not one lie , but if you get off on trying to upset me  not going to work by calling me a lie .

you still have know idea about thai people and thai  culture .

go back and read who started it , not me you are the one who had a go at me .

trying to call me a lie and have a go at my English, so what if I am not good at English, dose that make you better then me know , it dose not , by the why if you was my mate and you are not and never will be ,

( the mates I have now would get the shirt of my back to help them , and I have lots of great mates who think I am a great person.) 

i get my  information from thai people not government  propaganda in thailand.

28 minutes ago, georgemandm said:

Ok but , like I say not one lie , but if you get off on trying to upset me  not going to work by calling me a lie .

you still have know idea about thai people and thai  culture .

I will ask again, please provide proof  that I have no idea about Thailand or Thai people.

Your baseless claims are nothing but outright lies.

Put up or shut up, your call.

On 8/7/2017 at 10:13 AM, Cyclone88 said:

Not rubbish at all. 

Many of the young good lookers go 2 or 3 times S/T a night .

I know of several who who make 15-20k alone in lady drinks a month.

150k a month is a minimum for them. 

15k baht in lady drinks, assuming that the girl gets 50 baht per drink, is  300 drinks, or ten per day. Does not sound very likely.

i'll go ahead and put forward some commentary on the bar (go go) work side.  i saw quite a few comments about 100k/mo and i don't think many ladies achieve that high of a number.  i'm certain there are some bars in nana (not counting lady boy bars) where there is not a single girl that makes that kind of money each month.  there are probably a few bars with a few girls each that make that amount.  and those that do, usually hit the number via a 'sponsor' who sends money to them each month (i know one girl that has two sponsors, she is living good !!!).  very few ladies are meeting multiple men a night, several days a week.  that was done regularly 10 yrs a go but the industry has changed alot over the years. 

quite a few go go bars have started paying ladies by the night, 500thb/nt or 900thb/nt.  no more monthly salaries.  a good portion of the ladies are satisified getting that money along with some drink money and not leaving the bar.  when they received salaries, they often failed the various requirements to get such salary -  a certain amount of drinks per month, bar fines per month, etc...  plus had to show up to work on time and only got one day off a week.  so a salary of 15k/mo would be zero quite often due to the deductions for not acheiving some of the above.  now the ladies show up and know they are getting some money.  they don't have to show up more than a few times a week.   

i'd say the average go go girl doesn't make much more than the typical office worker (20k to 30k).  however, the go go girl has a chance for some upside while the office worker does not.  most make more than they do at 7-11 as i know some that have tried that and come back to the bar scene.

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 6:38 PM, Thaidream said:

These girls would be much better off getting educated; getting a stable job paying a living Thai wage and staying in Thailand.  As Thailand becomes more industrialized and opportunities increase less and less girls will enter the trade and many of the GoGos and other  'girlie' bars will disappear.

I might agree with you if it was possible. Higher education in LOS isn't free, and when one has been banged up by the Thai boyfriend and abandoned higher education is not an option.

Without even a sham degree it's not possible to get a decent paying job, as I'm sure you know.

Industrialisation is a false promise. Factory jobs will be gone within ( my guess ) 20 years or less as robots and AI takes over. Already fast vanishing in the west. Once they become cheap enough, they will take over everywhere.

Yes, the sex trade will vanish for humans, but only because sex androids will be so much better than the real thing.

In the meantime, the sex industry is moving on line. No need to shuffle around a pole for 8 hours anymore.

The future is not rosy for the poor and uneducated, in LOS or anywhere else.

Not rubbish at all. 
Many of the young good lookers go 2 or 3 times S/T a night .
I know of several who who make 15-20k alone in lady drinks a month.
150k a month is a minimum for them. 
The medical bills for liver failure due to alchoholism catches up with them later.[emoji30]

Sent from my SM-C900F using Tapatalk

I recently hired a young woman who works as a Coyote dancer in Soi Cowboy.

I'm paying her 500 baht a day for 4 days a week  (5 hours a day, so 100 THB an hour) to be my assistant.  

She's working out really good, she's keen to learn, her English is fine and she's always early for work.  

She's also very hot, although obviously as staff she is off limits.   

I don't think she's earning anything like 100K a month in Cowboy, despite being a real looker, otherwise why would she have jumped at the chance to work for only 500 baht a day?

I'm paying her 500 baht a day for 4 days a week  (5 hours a day, so 100 THB an hour) to be my assistant.  

She's working out really good, she's keen to learn, her English is fine and she's always early for work.  

I don't think she's earning anything like 100K a month in Cowboy, despite being a real looker, otherwise why would she have jumped at the chance to work for only 500 baht a day?

Most likely because she's earned enough already and no longer wants to have to sleep with customers.

33 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Most likely because she's earned enough already and no longer wants to have to sleep with customers.

I don't think that's it.  On the days she dances we work from 1:30 to 6:30 so she can go straight from my factory to her job in Cowboy, on the days she isn't dancing we start at 11:00 and work to 4:00. 

I guess she's happy to get an extra 500 baht a day, plus she's learning a lot of new skills.

She graduated earlier this year with a degree in Tourism studies and wanted to work for a travel agency.   I know she doesn't want to work in Cowboy at all.     I'm hoping she stays working with my business.

I don't think that's it.  On the days she dances we work from 1:30 to 6:30 so she can go straight from my factory to her job in Cowboy, on the days she isn't dancing we start at 11:00 and work to 4:00. 

I guess she's happy to get an extra 500 baht a day, plus she's learning a lot of new skills.

She graduated earlier this year with a degree in Tourism studies and wanted to work for a travel agency.   I know she doesn't want to work in Cowboy at all.     I'm hoping she stays working with my business.

IMG_2990.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 10:03 AM, seancbk said:

LOL. The dancers don't get paid 100k a month to dance. That's only what a really hot dancer would make on the side. Most wouldn't make anywhere near that.

Far as I know, coyote dancers can't be bought out of the bar during working hours.

BTW 500 baht a day is good money for someone with no qualifications.

2 hours ago, wow64 said:

I gather back in farang land this is a hot topic of conversation also.. how much do the hookers earn compared to regular jobs.

Bout 3,000 an hour is the going rate I hear for an average (5/10)  slapper from an actual rent root shop. want something closer a bit better, double that price at minimum.

1 hour ago, Techno Viking said:

Bout 3,000 an hour is the going rate I hear for an average (5/10)  slapper from an actual rent root shop. want something closer a bit better, double that price at minimum.

ok so its an ok paying job. 

Plus I gather these slappers also get the benefits such as 1 sick family member and 1 sick buffalo to be paid for each month by walking ATM.

• 4 months later...
On ‎07‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 12:00 AM, neeray said:

No need to get snarky. I was making an observation. Didn't see any rules that say I can't observe and comment. 

But here you are, my input, and much more than nothing pal. 

Worker in tire manufacturing plant, 20,000 a month. 

Accounting position in government hospital, 12,000 a month. 

Accounting position in hotel, 20,000 month (long hours, dedicated worker). 

Thai massage therapist in upscale hotel, 15,000 to 25,000 depending on season. 

Textile factory worker, 300 to 500 per day. 

Milk sales/delivery (on scooter) girl, 15000 to 20000 month. 

7-11 supervisor (of 6 stores), 22,000 a month. 

Okay, good enough or do you want more to take me off your "nothing" list?

Can you give us a few more than your measley 2 guesses?

Have a great day. 

The above numbers are totally bang on, dead accurate. I know people in everyone of these categories and can attest to your accuracy. Nice reporting !

This comparision of wages earned by a prostitute and girls in normal jobs is foolish. Money is not the only thing a person looks for. There is something called honour, morals and respect in society. 
Honour and respect in Thailand culture come from being able to support family.
Honour,?
Morals? Depends on the culture . No reason why sexual activity should bethought of as immoral.

Archived