Expiring TR single entry- what next please?

Hey!

i hope I've posted this in the correct place??

i have an Aussie provided 60day tourist visa- single entry which expires Aug 9!! I'm having trouble deciding my best option to stay here longer,,,, much longer!! I'm Australian citizen. 

i am thinking for now, to ask for 30day extension, do I need to fly out for this?

Ideally I want to apply for ED visa and study Thai language/culture, but I hear that the study required may be a bit hectic for my liking. I really don't wanna do classes 3days a week. One 3hr per week class would be great. 

Im too young for retirement, 46.

my partner n I are not married, but been together around 4-5years. 

She is setting up a boutique bungalow resort. Very small affair with 5 bungalows. I'm wondering if maybe I can apply for multi entry one year, with my partner employing me as a consultant for setting up the resort?? She hasn't registered as a business yet as we have only been here 2months. We probably have 6-12months of work to do to get the place ready n running. 

She also suggested we approach the local school (very much a country school) where her boy now is enrolled,  for me to volunteer my teaching services to the kids. Teaching them some dj skills and techniques one class per week. (I have all my equipment here).  I wonder what the minimum volunteer hrs would be to qualify? 

Any my suggestions would be appreciated. I'm heading to hua hin today to discuss my options, does anyone know the address for the official Thai visa people there,? Is it a consulate?

thanks 

You can get a 30 day extension in Thailand for 1900 baht. As far as volunteering at a school....forget it.  You would need to get a new Visa and work permit and for  1 class per week...I doubt any school is going to sponsor you. 

Time to think about wedding bells my friend.

Edited by tonray
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

You can apply for a 30 day extension of the 60 day entry from your tourist visa at an immigration office for a fee of 1900 baht.

There are 2 immigration offices in Hua Hin. Where are you living now to apply for the extension there you must have a Prachuap Khiri Khan address to put on the application form.

After that you could go to a nearby embassy or consulate and another single entry tourist visa.

So just to be clear,  I shld be eligible for a total of 2 x 30day ext without having to leave the country?? Woohooo!! Haha

1 minute ago, DjSiN said:

So just to be clear,  I shld be eligible for a total of 2 x 30day ext without having to leave the country?? Woohooo!! Haha

So just to be clear !  You will NOT be eligible for two 30 extension's which are linked to the same entry. 

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

You can apply for a 30 day extension of the 60 day entry from your tourist visa at an immigration office for a fee of 1900 baht.

There are 2 immigration offices in Hua Hin. Where are you living now to apply for the extension there you must have a Prachuap Khiri Khan address to put on the application form.

After that you could go to a nearby embassy or consulate and another single entry tourist visa.

Oh any yes, staying with friends in sam Roi Yot 

8 minutes ago, DjSiN said:

You can get 1 x 30-day extension per TR Visa entry.  After that, you will need to go out and get a new Tourist or other Visa (unless you get married - then other options). 

1 minute ago, DjSiN said:

Oh any yes, staying with friends in sam Roi Yot 

Depending on your immigration-office's policies, your friends may need to report your arrival via TM-30 form within 24 hours of your arrival.  This isn't an issue, until you need something from immigration, like an extension.  Others who deal with the office serving your address can inform of their particular policies (varies by immi-office).

Edited by JackThompson

3 hours ago, Here2008 said:

So just to be clear !  You will NOT be eligible for two 30 extension's which are linked to the same entry. 

You can get one extension per tourist visa entry. If you applied for a second extension base on the same entry, your application would be denied, but you would be given 7 days to leave the country.

i have only recently, re-entered thailand {bkk} on a setv  visa...i am nz citizen who last left thailand on 13jan 2017...the imm officer was not going to let me in---saying the rules have now changed. i can only get i setv entry per year....he told me he wasnt interested that i owned condo here and did not want to work here.....i showed him large transfer into my bkk bank account and told him that i was applying shortly for retirement visa.....i heeventually let me go...i hope others dont set themselves up for this problem

1 hour ago, murraynz said:

i have only recently, re-entered thailand {bkk} on a setv  visa...i am nz citizen who last left thailand on 13jan 2017...the imm officer was not going to let me in---saying the rules have now changed. i can only get i setv entry per year....he told me he wasnt interested that i owned condo here and did not want to work here.....i showed him large transfer into my bkk bank account and told him that i was applying shortly for retirement visa.....i heeventually let me go...i hope others dont set themselves up for this problem

" the rules have now changed. i can only get i setv entry per year "

well that is certainly one way of tackling the understaffing and queue problem at Don Mueng airport:giggle:

how they keep up with all these constant  rules changes is beyond me

but in your case why don't they simply apply for a retirement visa  ?

1 hour ago, murraynz said:

i can only get i setv entry per year...

Just to clarify further... i=10 or....

What is the value of "i" because i will soon be applying for my fourth this year.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JackThompson said:

You can get 1 x 30-day extension per TR Visa entry.  After that, you will need to go out and get a new Tourist or other Visa (unless you get married - then other options). 

Depending on your immigration-office's policies, your friends may need to report your arrival via TM-30 form within 24 hours of your arrival.  This isn't an issue, until you need something from immigration, like an extension.  Others who deal with the office serving your address can inform of their particular policies (varies by immi-office).

I'm pleased to say all went well today at the hua hin office in bluport mall. I didn't have to show proof of address. Just provide the addy deets. 

30days approved. Now to figure the next step. !!??

THANKS TO ALL who posted!!!

Edited by DjSiN
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, murraynz said:

So they will allow a person to have two (2) visa exempt land entries and in theory unlimited visa exempt entries, but only allowed 1 SETV per year??    I think this IO was looking for a little tea money.

12 hours ago, ericthai said:

So they will allow a person to have two (2) visa exempt land entries and in theory unlimited visa exempt entries, but only allowed 1 SETV per year??    I think this IO was looking for a little tea money.

I've seen no reports of them taking money - though we do get reports of that here in other cases (the Sadao-checkpoint until recently, ED-Visa no-hassle extension fees, 'Conversion' to non-imm visas at some imm-offices, etc).  These fellows at the airports seem to be ideologically-motivated, since the laws/rule seem to have little bearing on what they say and do.

Edited by JackThompson
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/08/2017 at 9:34 AM, ubonjoe said:

Hi ubonjoe 

the above statement. 

Am I able to apply for a new SETV within Thailand? Do I have to go back to AU to get it?

or can I go to the HuaHin immigration again?

would a METV be an option?

ive used the first 60days SETV, + 30day ext is current. 

Thanks in advance 

Hi ubonjoe 
the above statement. 
Am I able to apply for a new SETV within Thailand? Do I have to go back to AU to get it?
or can I go to the HuaHin immigration again?
would a METV be an option?
ive used the first 60days SETV, + 30day ext is current. 

Thanks in advance 

You can only obtain a new tourist visa at Royal Thai embassies and consulates. Which only exist outside of Thailand, places like Laos, Penang, Vietnam and such. All good places.

METV can only be obtained in your country of residence and with a paper proof of at least 200000THB equivalent sitting in your bank account for a minimum of 6 months.
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 17/08/2017 at 2:53 AM, SicTransit said:

You can only obtain a new tourist visa at Royal Thai embassies and consulates. Which only exist outside of Thailand, places like Laos, Penang, Vietnam and such. All good places.

METV can only be obtained in your country of residence and with a paper proof of at least 200000THB equivalent sitting in your bank account for a minimum of 6 months.

Are there English speaking staff at most embassies?

does anyone know the easiest option for travel plans for hua hin area? Like which country/embassy would be easiest to commute to?

all the options will requireme to fly outta Bangkok I'm guessing?

the singhon border doesn't allow crossings for this purpose hey?

5 minutes ago, DjSiN said:

Are there English speaking staff at most embassies?

does anyone know the easiest option for travel plans for hua hin area? Like which country/embassy would be easiest to commute to?

all the options will requireme to fly outta Bangkok I'm guessing?

the singhon border doesn't allow crossings for this purpose hey?

They have English speaking staff.

From Hua Hin either the consulate in Penang Malaysia or the embassy in Vientiane Laos would be good options.

Flying out is not the only option. You could take a train to Penang or Vientiane. If you want to fly out at this time going to Bangkok for the flight would be the only option.

You cannot do a crossing at Singhorn. If you wanted to just leave and re-enter to get a 30 day visa exempt entry the crossing to Myanmar at Ranong is nearest one to Hua Hin.

• Thanks 1

On 01/09/2017 at 9:47 AM, ubonjoe said:

They have English speaking staff.

From Hua Hin either the consulate in Penang Malaysia or the embassy in Vientiane Laos would be good options.  If you want to fly out at this time going to Bangkok for the flight would be the only option.

I've read that once u apply for 60days SETV, u have to collect PP the next day after 1pm,? Is this what happens?

im trying to book flights w one night stay in laos.

Plane tix I'm looking at

arrive laos 12.30 tues

flight out leaves 

1.20pm wed. 

Id have to fly out on later flight I guess?

3 minutes ago, DjSiN said:

I've read that once u apply for 60days SETV, u have to collect PP the next day after 1pm,? Is this what happens?

im trying to book flights w one night stay in laos.

Plane tix I'm looking at

arrive laos 12.30 tues

flight out leaves 

1.20pm wed. 

Id have to fly out on later flight I guess?

You have to apply prior to 11:30 am and pick up the next afternoon at 1:30.

You might want check for flights to Udon Thani and then from there you can get a van at the airport to the bridge in Nong Khai. It is possible to get an early flight from DMK that arrives in Udon Thani early enough to cross the bridge and do the application the same day.

Same for return flights late enough to pick up your passport and cross back into the country at the bridge.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You have to apply prior to 11:30 am and pick up the next afternoon at 1:30.

You might want check for flights to Udon Thani and then from there you can get a van at the airport to the bridge in Nong Khai. It is possible to get an early flight from DMK that arrives in Udon Thani early enough to cross the bridge and do the application the same day.

Same for return flights late enough to pick up your passport and cross back into the country at the bridge.

Ok I have 1030 arrival at Vientiane, so might be cutting it fine, but I'll give it a go to be at the embassy before 1130

do I need to provide one or two  photos as per passport requirements?

next day I catch 6.05pm flight back. 

Sound sound to u?

3 minutes ago, DjSiN said:

Ok I have 1030 arrival at Vientiane, so might be cutting it fine, but I'll give it a go to be at the embassy before 1130

do I need to provide one or two  photos as per passport requirements?

next day I catch 6.05pm flight back. 

Sound sound to u?

It will be close if your flight is on time but you should be able to make it.

One photo for the Lao visa on arrival and 2 for the visa application.

Return flight schedule gives you plenty of time.

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Does the Laos visa on arrival take long usually?

12 hours ago, DjSiN said:

Does the Laos visa on arrival take long usually?

And also, I'll need Laos currency for taxi ride to embassy I'm guessing?? Will I need laos currency for the laos entry visa too?

is it easy n quick at the airport to exchange currency? Or wld u recommend doing this prior to leaving Thai to save time? 

Any idea how much I'd need for transport n food for two days?

a lot of questions I know, but this is my first time. 

On 02/09/2017 at 4:21 PM, ubonjoe said:

Hey man. 

Is this the correct 60days SETV  form? 

See link 

Visa-Application-Lao.pdf

Ubonjoe recommended to fly to Udon Thani.  I realize this is your first trip to Vientiane, but you are probably paying close to 8000 baht just for the return flight from BKK to VTE and if the plane is slightly delayed you won't make it in time to the consulate and according to your post have booked the return segment the next day.