Expiring TR single entry- what next please?

31 minutes ago, kanook said:

Ubonjoe recommended to fly to Udon Thani.  I realize this is your first trip to Vientiane, but you are probably paying close to 8000 baht just for the return flight from BKK to VTE and if the plane is slightly delayed you won't make it in time to the consulate and according to your post have booked the return segment the next day.  

$5699bht

yeh there's no room for delays. 

Worse comes to worse, I have the option to change my flight back at no cost I believe. 

Ill have all the laos and Thai visa forms filled out. 

11 hours ago, DjSiN said:

Hey man. 

Is this the correct 60days SETV  form? 

See link 

Visa-Application-Lao.pdf

That appears to be the Lao visa on arrival form but your link does not work.

There is currently not a useable link for the visa application form to apply for a visa at the embassy consular section. The forms available for download  are not up to date

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There is currently not a useable link for the visa application form to apply for a visa at the embassy consular section. The forms available for download  are not up to date

Well that's handy hey?!!! ?? 

fingers crossed I get there with enough time to fill out ????

Well I'm on the first leg of my first visa run from Sam Roi Yot. I'll do updates here for public record but mainly to keep myself amused on the journey. 

515pm

taxi/bus picks me up bound for bangkok, 300bht + 50 tip for the remote location pic up. 

First mainstop, pranburi, and we're FULLY loaded already!! Some smelly Thai dude sleeping next to me. ?? 

a German tourist family and a few other Thais on their way home for work I guess. 

Next update soon. 

9pm

exit mini van taxi bus,, (I really don't know what u call em) minibus van!? Lol. 

Cya smelly guy. 

Trip was uneventful thankfully, but my butt n back wasn't happy. Think I'll drive myself next time, triton seats will be more comfortable once I pop in the rx8 buckets. 

Anyway, first cab off the rank from Samaedam to the

940pm

A-place hotel which is in Suvarnabhumi area for an easy getaway in the morn!

1027pm

catching some zzzzs now. 

4 hours ago, DjSiN said:

9pm

exit mini van taxi bus,, (I really don't know what u call em) minibus van!? Lol. 

Cya smelly guy. 

Trip was uneventful thankfully, but my butt n back wasn't happy. Think I'll drive myself next time, triton seats will be more comfortable once I pop in the rx8 buckets. 

Anyway, first cab off the rank from Samaedam to the

940pm

A-place hotel which is in Suvarnabhumi area for an easy getaway in the morn!

1027pm

catching some zzzzs now. 

Please update when you wake up. Although I am currently in Europe now I am following this with great interest! 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Nothing's changed in over 2 years I guess.  (Back then I tried to have my application all filled out & ready only to be told it was no good and handed another blank one when I finally got to the head of the line.)

• Sad 1

5am!!!

Ouch, awake. 

A-Place, whilst clean and functional, is next to a shipping container yard, which seems to operate ALL Night!!! Haha? Not much sleep, oh and the pillows are too high, so I used rolled up bath towels. 

So so the little man at reception rode his pushbike to get me a taxi. Driver wanted to go NO METER, which misses warned me about. He wanted 150bht for an 8min ride to airport, I offered 100 and we settled on 120bht, my negotiation skills suck but I don't see 120bht killing my wallet, besides his English was very good and we had a decent chat. His sister lives in Sydney with her Aussie hubby. 

608am

im here WAY too early, inevitable I guess being my first visa run n all. 

Now we wait........

ps Lao Airline dept gate is gate 9.

pps last night I forgot to mention the fun we had finding my hotel with me not knowing Thai and taxi No English. 

Handy hint peeps, use google maps and know Thai numbers and a few key words. I showed him address on my ph, of course he no read English??, so I told him Suvarnabhumi A-place hotel which he mistook for airport!! So a couple mins into trip I called the misses and she translated the general area of the hotel to driver, lucky save. 

I then used a combo of finger pointing LEFT & RIGHT, and  sam Roi, song Roi nung Roi to direct us to the hotel!! 

350bht fare plus 60 tolls plus tipped him 50 for not killing us on the off ramps. ?????

bangkok sunrise

IMG_2589.JPG

IMG_2590.JPG

630am 

grabbed 50usd currency at exchange to pay the Laos tourist visa, Easy peasy, first time I've held US currency. 

See pic of me holding 50usd, nice fingers hey!?!?

7ish am

Check in opened nice n early and customs scan went well with my arms in the air!!! BUT, I thought I'd get my rather large power bank thru but apparently I was more than 5times over the legal power bank limit!!! ???

so luckily they offer a left baggage option, so away I trundeled back downstairs. 100bht per day to hold it there. Cheaper than a replacement. 

751am

real coffee and breakfast. 

Gosh i I hope I can get to Thai embassy on time!

plane lands at 1035am

TAXI!!!'

IMG_2593.JPG

IMG_2594.JPG

858am

waiting to board

i asked the staff at boarding desk if they happen to have a Laos visa on arrival form, lucky for me they did. 

I've now completed said form and hoping that'll shave 5-10min off my airport exit time. 

Fingers crossed ? 

Arrival and departure cards are completed too. 

1 minute ago, paul18620 said:

To be honest in my opinion there is worst places in this world to be stuck in.

Vientiane isn't that bad really there is nice places to eat especially beside the night market area and Beer Lao is better than Leo.

Tru tru? Cool. TBH I'm sort of hoping I don't make it, will be a nice break from the misses!! ? 

thanks for the tip

• Like 1

Forgot to mention, I forgot to get photocopies of my passport for Thai visa grrrr
now I hope I can get some kip for photocopy machine [emoji12][emoji43][emoji779]️

Thai baht accepted everywhere. Actually they rather it than kip.

i had ph reception - dtac- about 8mins before landing. Then nothing. Must have been on Thai border and flying low enough for reception. (Don't tell the pilot)!

1048am

on bus from plane to terminal. 

No way I'm gonna make it haha

Smalll airport!!

so I bungled the line for Laos entry visa  and ended up 10th in line, grrrr I was doin ok till that point. 

Our to get a taxi, organise a ticket etc

a little overwhelming actually. I almost gave up at this point cos I had zero connection on ph and couldn't login to wifi. But I managed to get a driver to get me on my way, so I figured WTH! Missed it by thiiiis much.....arrived there round 1140 grrrr. 

I recon it cld be done now that I know the ropes. 

Anyway im here for an extra night. 

Time to change my flight. 

Thanks to to all that helped. 

Now I would say to you the following for tomorrow morning ......

Get up early and be at the Thai Embassy gates for 0700-0715 even though it is not open at that time as tomorrow is Wednesday and that means the visa run buses/agents will be there tomorrow as well ,so if you want a low number on the ticket you get when you hand over your paperwork I suggest to you get there early and wait in line and you won't have a high number and have to wait a long time for collection on Thursday,just letting you know incase you never knew this already.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, paul18620 said:

Get up early and be at the Thai Embassy gates for 0700-0715 even though it is not open at that time as tomorrow is Wednesday and that means the visa run buses/agents will be there tomorrow as well

They will not be there again until Thursday. The arrive on Monday and Thursdays now.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, paul18620 said:

Now I would say to you the following for tomorrow morning ......

Get up early and be at the Thai Embassy gates for 0700-0715 even though it is not open at that time as tomorrow is Wednesday and that means the visa run buses/agents will be there tomorrow as well ,so if you want a low number on the ticket you get when you hand over your paperwork I suggest to you get there early and wait in line and you won't have a high number and have to wait a long time for collection on Thursday,just letting you know incase you never knew this already.

Have u heard of the visa service guys who set up outside the gates?

are they total scammers?

they had a pop up marquee and table chairs and my taxi driver knew them. 

They offerred to help me,,,, lol for 4800bht

25 minutes ago, DjSiN said:

are they total scammers?

Yes they are scammers, you don't need them, especially at that price

You can get photos and any copies needed at the small shop on the right as you are looking at the Embassy

4 minutes ago, darrendsd said:

Yes they are scammers, you don't need them, especially at that price

You can get photos and any copies needed at the small shop on the right as you are looking at the Embassy

Yeh I got pics and copies. Had a very big walk around town. 

Might hire a scooter tomorrow. 

2 hours ago, DjSiN said:

are they total scammers?

Yes they are scammers ,so DO NOT use there services as you can do everything yourself its easy ,there is even a sign in the embassy that you have to fill in the forms by yourself but these scammers will do it for you and charge you a fee if you use them for photo copies ,then they will say oh we filled in your form for you so you need to pay for this service also ,so stay away from them .

When you go to the Thai embassy there is a building on the left hand side inside the gates there is a photo copy machine there and they charge you a small fee and its fast, I think its 10 Bhat but its a lot cheaper and easier to get it done there.