No drivers license required

elgenon

As far as I know a bicycle doesn't require a license but all powered scooters and carts, including electric golf carts, that you take on the rode do require a license. 

Of course this is Thailand and you can rent a licensed/registered motorcycle/scooter at any of hundreds of rental places for a very low cost.  Just be warned that if you get stopped by the police and you don't have a valid motorcycle license you will be fined.

Be sure you have good accident insurance and it will cover you in Thailand.  

Hint - No accident insurance will cover you if they find out you are driving a motorcycle without a valid motorcycle license.

Hint - spend 500-700 Bt to buy a half way decent helmet that actually fits you at Big C, Tesco Lotus, or any motorcycle accessory shop instead of using the worthless bowels they loan you when you rent a motorcycle.

You will need license for all motorcycles. Although police have stopped me a few times in Chiang Mai for not wearing helmet, but they never asked for license. Carts are not allowed  in streets without plate and registration. 

Edited by Foozool

14 hours ago, F4UCorsair said:

You'll need 4WD if you intend using it on Bangkok sidewalks!

On Bangkok sidewalks I would need a "cowcatcher". The thing on the front of the train at the bottom that removes cows from its path.

8 ^)