Video: Story of the professor with a knife and the road rage big biker hits national TV

webfact

18 minutes ago, halloween said:

Have you tried riding a bike, because you sound a lot like a car driver (entitled).

I've ridden a bike for years here.  But I'm self insured, so don't ride in traffic nor on the highways.  Too many friends who've been banged up.  I was just with a guy who spent over 2MM Baht on hospital fees.  Guess what?  He now drives a car.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, BEVUP said:

Yes agree but in this case there was no left lane as there was a car parked in it so he took his chances & tried to squeeze between the parked car & moving traffic

Exactly.  If there is a left lane, that's where bikes are suppose to be.  In this case, there was no left lane for bikes. He undercut illegally.

1 minute ago, craigt3365 said:

Exactly.  If there is a left lane, that's where bikes are suppose to be.  In this case, there was no left lane for bikes. He undercut illegally.

There was a lane, he used it, not illegally.

16 hours ago, jbob said:

Guys who ride big bikes tend to take a lot of steroids and thus roid rage. The first blow to the face comes from the biker and everything past that point is really self defense. Biker didn't take his helmet off meaning he was there to fight so it is his own damn fault he is permanently injured

love to see the evidence of big bike riders taking lots of steroids or did the beer tell you to say that?

5 hours ago, chrissables said:

Most of them never see the big bike coming and are scared by the noise when he passes them.

This alone is enough to start a fight.

They are scared and entitled to fight? That is so funny!

So what is the reason they backtalend him early in the video?

What is the reason they cornered him finally ?

He made them loose face ...and yes they will beat the shit out of you( even kill you) if they can  .

Nothing funny about it .

So you think lane splitting should be at the same speed as the traffic? What is the point of legal lane splitting if not to overtake? Watch the vdo again with the sound off. The sound of that engine is misleading. He was only traveling 10-15 km/h faster than the majority of the cars, accelerated and slowed every encounter to pass at a more appropriate speed. 

And again, the prize of 'driving selfishly' in your opinion is what? Being knocked off? Being chased by a coward in a car who can kill you yet only suffer a scratch on their car? Can you justify that thought? Don't you think it just slightly disproportional? Do you think you and your cage should be squashed by an articulated truck if you pass them on the inside without a signal? Let me know, I'll drive the truck...

21 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

Clearly he was driving selfishly and not trying to indicate or match speed of the traffic zigging in and out. Lane splitting isn't a problem, but you don't drive like the other cars are slalom poles for your entertainment.

That being said, the old guy did deserve the punch in the face for the attempted bump. And the bike driver also accepted the risk of being killed when he confronted the driver. He's lucky it wasn't a gun or a baseball bat.

3 hours ago, lucjoker said:

So what is the reason they backtalend him early in the video?

What is the reason they cornered him finally ?

He made them loose face ...and yes they will beat the shit out of you( even kill you) if they can  .

Nothing funny about it .

Read what i wrote, i think it is funny they are scared of a loud exhaust. 

They? It was one old man who thinks he is entitled.

You may drive or ride around kowtowing to all the other road users here even when they are blatantly at fault, i do not. 

1 hour ago, DualSportBiker said:

So you think lane splitting should be at the same speed as the traffic? What is the point of legal lane splitting if not to overtake? Watch the vdo again with the sound off. The sound of that engine is misleading. He was only traveling 10-15 km/h faster than the majority of the cars, accelerated and slowed every encounter to pass at a more appropriate speed. 

And again, the prize of 'driving selfishly' in your opinion is what? Being knocked off? Being chased by a coward in a car who can kill you yet only suffer a scratch on their car? Can you justify that thought? Don't you think it just slightly disproportional? Do you think you and your cage should be squashed by an articulated truck if you pass them on the inside without a signal? Let me know, I'll drive the truck...

We see the same thing but have a different opinion. I see an aggressive driver going from lane to lane with no signal and using bursts of speed on a busy road. You see a guy who drives like you do, so you approve.

I never said the professors response was justified. I applaud the punch in the nose in response to attempting to ram the bike.

My point from the beginning was the biker left himself open to aggression because he himself was being aggressive, and life's like a box of chocolates. He picked a chocolate that was ready to use a knife.

4 hours ago, chrissables said:

Read what i wrote, i think it is funny they are scared of a loud exhaust. 

They? It was one old man who thinks he is entitled.

You may drive or ride around kowtowing to all the other road users here even when they are blatantly at fault, i do not. 

as you wish,

we will read about you later .

On 08/08/2017 at 7:29 AM, JonnyF said:

Some really bizarre posts on this thread. Firstly, lane splitting is legal in Thailand so anyone pointing out that it's illegal in their State back home should realize that.

Secondly, the car seems like it's trying to block the bike right at the start (maybe he dislikes big bikes like some of the people on this forum or maybe something happened before the video starts) and then when the bike easily overtakes him anyway, he sees red and bumps him once in the rear, then once from the side. When confronted by the unarmed bike rider, he gets out of the car with a knife and stabs the bike rider in the chest, putting him in a coma.

Yet some of the wackos on TV are siding with the driver! Amazing Thailand, there are some really odd foreigners here.

Gees!  The biker did really well to punch and knock the old d...head down and stomp him after being stabbed seriouly enough to end up in a coma!!  Some seriously one sided biker views and car driver views in these comments.

Just now, AboutThaim said:

Gees!  The biker did really well to punch and knock the old d...head down and stomp him after being stabbed seriouly enough to end up in a coma!!  Some seriously one sided biker views and car driver views in these comments.

You shouldn't assume to much. I use a car in Bangkok more than I use a bike so no bias here. But if a bike filters past me too quickly I don't chase him down, ram him from behind, try and push him sideways into a stationary car and then get out of my car with a knife that I just happen to have in my hand and push it into his chest. 

From what I could see, the professor stabbed him as soon as he got out of car. Then there was a few punches from the biker and a stomp and they wrestled on the ground a bit while he still had the knife (you see the taxi guy take the knife off him while on the ground). Maybe there was more stabbing on the ground? Or maybe the bikers adrenaline kept him going for 20-30 seconds after the first stabbing? 

Are you saying this is all OK if he only stabbed him in the chest a little bit?

24 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

You shouldn't assume to much. I use a car in Bangkok more than I use a bike so no bias here. But if a bike filters past me too quickly I don't chase him down, ram him from behind, try and push him sideways into a stationary car and then get out of my car with a knife that I just happen to have in my hand and push it into his chest. 

From what I could see, the professor stabbed him as soon as he got out of car. Then there was a few punches from the biker and a stomp and they wrestled on the ground a bit while he still had the knife (you see the taxi guy take the knife off him while on the ground). Maybe there was more stabbing on the ground? Or maybe the bikers adrenaline kept him going for 20-30 seconds after the first stabbing? 

Are you saying this is all OK if he only stabbed him in the chest a little bit?

And maybe you`re assuming too much.  Trying to cut him off or push him into a stationary car is also no excuse for road rage.  Maybe the driver just wanted to stop and let the biker get past?  I think anyone who opens another person's car door in an aggressive manner deserves all they get. It seems the driver still had his window up so the biker couldn't show his rage to his satisfaction and opened the door.  

Maybe a mandatory jail term for road rage is appropriate.

As another poster said, who knows what may have happened before the video footage we have access to.

6 minutes ago, AboutThaim said:

And maybe you`re assuming too much.  Trying to cut him off or push him into a stationary car is also no excuse for road rage.  Maybe the driver just wanted to stop and let the biker get past?  I think anyone who opens another person's car door in an aggressive manner deserves all they get. It seems the driver still had his window up so the biker couldn't show his rage to his satisfaction and opened the door.  

As another poster said, who knows what may have happened before the video footage we have access to.

So everybody is entitled to the sanctity of their own vehicle, even when it is used as a weapon? Punching someone in the head could cause a serious injury, using your car to knock them from a motorcycle, or stabbing them in the chest and stomach is likely to cause much more injury.

This happened I Thailand where all bikers drive like that, and this professor who thinks he is a

real somebody, had a bout of road rage.  So for a commenter like some Canuck who is thinking

like a Canadian. Well this did not happen in Canada.  The professor should be charged for

using a knife even if it was a pen knife.

Geezer

12 minutes ago, AboutThaim said:

OK.

Biker rides a bit too fast (maybe)

Driver tries to take him out twice using his car as a weapon to teach him a lesson.

Biker goes to have a word about why the driver tried to take him out

Driver stabs the biker in the chest because he opened his car door.

Biker deserved it. Driver is justified in his stabbing. 

Gotcha. Nice moral compass you got there. Hope none of your family meet this guy on the roads.