High sea fears lead to tourist boat safety checks in Satun

webfact

High sea fears lead to tourist boat safety checks in Satun

By The Nation

SATUN: -- Harbour officials at major piers in Satun have been instructed to ensure that tourist boats meet safety standards following a warning of monsoon winds generating high seas.

Satun governor Phattarapon Ratanapichetchai said officials were instructed to pay particular attention to tourist boats operating at popular tourist destination Koh Lipe.

The governor said although it is not the high tourist season, a lot of tourists visit the southern province, with many visiting islands.

He said tourists can call the 1199 emergency hotline 24 hours a day.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30323035

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-08-07

Tourist boats meeting safety standards ??????  Come on!! When marine dpt comes every year to renew my boat licence/basic mandatory insurance, the only thing they check is the engine number plate and the lights...don't care about safety equipments nor fire prevention,, nothing. They never went inside the boat. All inspection done in 5 mn. Then it takes 3 weeks to get papers done......  One of my neighbors (thai) as flares on board expiring in 2004 !!!! Same inspection in France was taking 2 hours and no discussion about having ALL equipmentsand docs in place, up to date and maintained. And I don't run any commercial activity. Here it's just a joke

Edited by decca60

I thought Lipe was supposed to be closed until high season?

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/beaches-marine-parks-andaman-sea-closed-five-months-starting-today/

Director the Marine National Park Management division of the DNP, Nattapol Rattanaphan, said, “The DNP will close many national parks from May 16 – Oct. 15. The parks will open again Oct. 16 until May 15 of the following year.”

“These affected parks are Surin Islands, Similan Islands, Koh Rok and Koh Ha in Lanta National Park, Koh Hin Muang Daeng in Hat Chao Mai National Park, and Koh Ardang Rawi and Koh Lipe in the Tarutao National Park in Satun,” said Nattapol.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd