Don Mueang and Suvarnabhumi Airports enter top ten for on-time service

webfact

Don Mueang and Suvarnabhumi Airports enter top ten for on-time service

BANGKOK, 7 August 2017 (NNT) – Don Mueang and Suvarnabhumi Airports have made to the top ten list of Asia Pacific airports providing on-time service. 

Airports of Thailand (AoT) has reported that website flightstats.com, a portal for real time aviation information that collects data from across the globe, has recognized both Don Mueang and Suvarnabhumi airports for their on-time service in June of this year. 

Don Mueang Airport was the fourth on the list serving an average 10,000 flights. Suvarnabhumi Airport meanwhile was tenth, serving 13,820 flights on average. 

AoT underlined their rankings as an affirmation of its work to improve its service capabilities both for efficiency and passenger satisfaction. It stated it will continue to develop all 6 of its airports to match global standards.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2017-08-07

4 minutes ago, nasanews said:

What about the 6000 travelers who were stuck for four hours in  Don Mueang because immigration staff were not informed about arrival flights.

Some news sources are paid to lie.

That was a quick intro to thainess.

Don Mueang and Suvarnabhumi Airports have made to the top ten list of Asia Pacific airports providing on-time service. "

If this was carried out by a reputable organization, it should scare the bejeezus out of anyone flying to and from this part of the world.

What is so difficult to understand? The planes are on time. The passengers are secondary since they are stuck at immigration. If there was no passengers, Don Mueang and Swampy would win Best Airport Ever in the Whole Know Universe. Which is pretty small when you ask a Thai person...

What good is it if your flight arrives on time and you then have to waste the next 2 hours lining up at immigration?

Even worse, you experience the same wasteful waiting again upon your departure, with you missing your flight because it took off ON TIME.

41 minutes ago, steven100 said:

I thought there were suppose to be 5,000 tourists stranded a couple of days ago  ? :shock1:

Amazing Thailand ....  

What's passenger Ying Wong's immigration delay got to do with aircraft on time stats?

1 hour ago, darksidedog said:

This just goes to prove you shouldn't believe everything you read in the news. The only way I can see these two airports being in the top ten is if there are only ten airports being included in the survey.

and none of the other 8 fly more than 100 passengers /day

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

I thought there were suppose to be 5,000 tourists stranded a couple of days ago  ? :shock1:

Amazing Thailand ....  

55555.... Yes, stuck at immigration both coming in and outbound..... But the planes left on time!   55555  ROFL  

34 minutes ago, Moonmoon said:

So yesterday there were thousands stranded at DOn Muang Airport and Today they are the best on time????? 

Absolutely, and the excellent time keeping records remain intact.

Getting aircraft off the ramp on time is priority one even if you lose a few cattle in the process. Keeping the departing cattle happy is priority two. The arriving cattle have the lowest priority.

5555555555555555555555555555555555555555 ... they cannot be serious! Last time I flew through there, international transfer took nearly an hour and a half. And in the middle of this complete chaos (people begging to be allowed through because "my flight leaves in 20 minutes" and being told to go back to the back of the queue -- which went many deep for more than a city block) EVERYTHING stopped for about 10 minutes while the staff changed over. 

29 minutes ago, maxpower said:

Absolutely, and the excellent time keeping records remain intact.

Getting aircraft off the ramp on time is priority one even if you lose a few cattle in the process. Keeping the departing cattle happy is priority two. The arriving cattle have the lowest priority.

Nice analogy.

I am happy to know I am a cattle lol