Thai drinks firm in multi billion baht KFC expansion plan

webfact

Thai drinks firm in multi billion baht KFC expansion plan

CiHZjUdJ5HPNXJ92GO1C5VnTNGOhsLlNf2.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

BANGKOK: -- Thai Beverage Co Ltd have announced plans to buy almost half of the KFC stores in Thailand for 11.3 billion baht.

The company - know locally as Thai Bev - revealed their plans to the Singapore stock exchange said Thai Rath.

They plan to buy 240 KFC restaurants previously run by Yum Restaurants (Thailand).

They described their acquisition as "business expansion".

There are approximately 600 KFC stores in Thailand.

Thaivisa notes that Thai Bev were the company in the news this year amid claims that metropolitan police chief Sanit Mahathavorn received a 50,000 baht monthly salary from the firm.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-08-09

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thaivisa notes that Thai Bev were the company in the news this year amid claims that metropolitan police chief Sanit Mahathavorn received a 50,000 baht monthly salary from the firm. Thats chicken feed compared to what he may recieve so that they don't run fowl of the law !

Edited by tracker1

ThaiBev in Bt11.3-billion deal to buy KFC stores in Thailand

By The Nation

547afb575fbed79ca8a2aea779f4e192.jpg

Thai Beverage Plc and its subsidiaries, announced on Tuesday that its subsidiary, QSR of Asia Co Ltd or QSA, has entered into an asset sale and purchase agreement with Yum Restaurants International (Thailand) Co Ltd to acquire more than 240 existing and a number of developing KFC stores in Thailand with a value about Bt11.3 billion.

The agreement has additional amount of consideration for the developing KFC stores, which will be determined at closing. 

This will enable ThaiBev to expand further into the food business in the quick service restaurant segment. 

The group's senior vice president of Food Business (Thailand) Nongnuch Buranasetkul said that the acquisition of the KFC stores represents more than an opportunity to enlarge ThaiBev’s food business. 

KFC’s extensive network in Thailand will give the Group direct access to multiple customer touch points across the country, enabling us to understand trends and stay at the forefront of the industry. This is essential for sustainable growth over the long term. 

With QSA’s restaurant management expertise, we are well positioned to accelerate KFC’s further expansion in Thailand, she said. 

"We look forward to partnering with Yum Restaurants International (Thailand) Co., Ltd. to achieve this goal and will focus not only on enhancing operations, but also human capital development,” she said. 

The KFC brand has been the number one quick service restaurant brand in Thailand measured by brand share and number of outlets. KFC has been in Thailand for more than 30 years, with the fastest pace of store growth in the last five years. 

The consideration is subject to price adjustment mechanisms as set out in the asset sale and purchase agreement, and depends on the exact number of the existing and developing KFC stores to be acquired at closing. 

The acquisition is expected to be completed by the end of December this year.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30323279

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-08-09

1 hour ago, BasalBanality said:

So fried chicken and beer will be the new staple diet?

I read in an article recently that Thailand scores 2nd among the most obese prone countries in the region, just behind Malaysia.

With crap food like this becoming more available and popular, is it any surprise?

Edited by Moonlover

6 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

I read in an article recently that Thailand scores 2nd among the most obese prone countries in the region, just behind Malaysia.

With crap food like this becoming more available and popular, is it any surprise?

lots of fried food and sugar in the diets here. carnation condensed milk and sugar on toast. can't understand how anyone can eat that

9 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

No surprises, KFC is ubiquitous in Malaysia and Indonesia because of their ability to offer the staple of rice as a standard item, hence further propagating the obesity scourge.

49 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

lots of fried food and sugar in the diets here. carnation condensed milk and sugar on toast. can't understand how anyone can eat that

I had condensed milk or sugar on bread at times in UK when a young kid.

And even as an older kid!

Made a change from jam, treacle or syrup.

Of course, in those days, after WW ll, we didn't go dulally over eating such sweet things; we just enjoyed them.

Just now, elwood said:

Of course, in those days, after WW ll, we didn't go dulally over eating such sweet things; we just enjoyed them.

that was kind of the days from rationing though. my old man used to eat trotters. you wouldn't catch me eating them 555

1 hour ago, Happy enough said:

The same way Americans and other westerners can eat this.

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=american+breakfasts&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj7kbyIoMnVAhUDNI8KHVXWCngQ_AUICigB&biw=1366&bih=638

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Thaivisa notes that Thai Bev were the company in the news this year amid claims that metropolitan police chief Sanit Mahathavorn received a 50,000 baht monthly salary from the firm.

Thaivisa should also note that Thaibev is the company that cancelled the contract to produce and distribute pepsi in Thailand, and that KFC is owned by Pepsi.

So while it may be considered an expansion of their food business, I think Thai Bev is at the same time expanding their agenda against Pepsi.

Edited by janclaes47

12 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

give me a big old fry up over condensed milk any day. you can make it fairly healthy just by grilling everything and poaching the eggs. strangely enough my mrs loves an English breakfast and her sunday roasts. but she's still quite happily eat sugar on toast. granulated sugar on toast. what's all that about

1 hour ago, BasalBanality said:

No surprises, KFC is ubiquitous in Malaysia and Indonesia because of their ability to offer the staple of rice as a standard item, hence further propagating the obesity scourge.

Mac Donalds also serves ricedishes in Thailand but they are low quality. I wished they served high quality ricedishes so i would eat there more often.

what thailand really needs is nandos. kfc is rubbish apart from their hot wings. i'm surprised nandos aren't already all over Thailand. there's a crap copy of them on the bottom floor of paragon called piri piri but it's pretty crap. nando's will make a killing here once they get here

1 minute ago, Thian said:

Mac Donalds also serves ricedishes in Thailand but they are low quality. I wished they served high quality ricedishes so i would eat there more often.

To expect McDonald's to serve up quality burgers is already a stretch in most countries, expecting Mcdonald's Thailand to excel beyond what they're supposed to offer is akin to asking for the moon.

39 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

that was kind of the days from rationing though. my old man used to eat trotters. you wouldn't catch me eating them 555

Mine used to eat sheep's head as well as pig's trotters.

Probably more healthy than some of the plastic-wrapped stuff sold today!

2 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

The original Piri Piri is still in the Emporium on the top floor. Been there since it opened. Was there before Nandos was a thing in the UK.

haven't tried that one. will give it a go. I think they have nandos in Malaysia now so I reckon it'll be here soon. well I hope it will. extra hot chicken and cheese in pitta, spicy rice and coldslaw. oh, and a bottle of superbok. nice

29 minutes ago, elwood said:

Sounds like you had some treats. We had fat dripping on toast.

3 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Sounds like you had some treats. We had fat dripping on toast.

Thick slices of bread, toasted in front of the fire, and lathered with dripping.

This was a custom in our house long after rationing ended, and better variety of foods appeared; it was, and is, so damned delicious - beef dripping the favourite.

Damn you Rc, my mouth is watering!

1 minute ago, elwood said:

Thick slices of bread, toasted in front of the fire, and lathered with dripping.

This was a custom in our house long after rationing ended, and better variety of foods appeared; it was, and is, so damned delicious - beef dripping the favourite.

Damn you Rc, my mouth is watering!

didn't corned beef originally come from rationing and has been a staple part of the diets of some south pacific islands hence there chubbiness