"They shalt not pass" - king of the road minivan shows who's boss!

webfact

16 hours ago, glasswort said:

"........an oncoming motorist pass."

I thought oncoming means coming from the opposite direction. The vehicles do not appear to be going that fast, so what is the problem? Put the right foot down and go.

Cracked windscreen, video taken with phone. No more to say.

Guess that explains away the reason why the van driver was weaving all over the road. Must remember to keep my phone out of sight and ensure there is nothing wrong with the windscreen when ever I drive.

Happens frequently on thai roads, i belive some drivers are offended by being overtaken. So they basically starts a dangerous game in order to win, at any cost. Just wonder why the car driver in this video is so anxious to get through, is it  really worth the risk to overtake/undertake in such circumstanses?  I'd slow down and just let the vehicle infront of me disappear....

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/9/2017 at 5:56 PM, Bangkok Barry said:

I guess you didn't bother to read the article - 'She said that she had no idea why the driver was behaving like that as there had been no incident earlier'.

Always a good idea to do that before posting a comment.

What's the chance (since I heard no more about it) that the woman was on her phone earlier and cut the van driver off without noticing as she was too busy talking.