Foreigners' 'TM6' immigration form necessary for security: Nattorn

webfact

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, eeyang wah said:

Jesus Christ that's an unbelievable breach of personal data security! Glad I always write nonsense on those cards. 

You mean like all the times the banks, where you work etc etc require copies of your passport signed etc etc.

After the years I've been here there must be hundreds of copies of mine flying around the place.

If Singapore and Malaysia can do it, why Thailand cannot?

Why don't they make a special lane for all visitors with real visa's? They have been checked by the consulates already.

Or make a special lane for the "good guys" who already come for more than 5 years in row and never made problems?

Just now, overherebc said:

You mean like all the times the banks, where you work etc etc require copies of your passport signed etc etc.

After the years I've been here there must be hundreds of copies of mine flying around the place.

Yes exactly like that. Fortunately they always make you sign these copies so I always draw a line across the back of each page so that they can't recycle them. 

In the past I've had to tell a bank to give me back the papers after they photocopied the wrong page of my passport and then tried to put the papers in the recycle box. (The buffoon copied a visa sticker from the middle of my passport thinking it was my data page because it had my photo on it!)

11 minutes ago, eeyang wah said:

Yes exactly like that. Fortunately they always make you sign these copies so I always draw a line across the back of each page so that they can't recycle them. 

In the past I've had to tell a bank to give me back the papers after they photocopied the wrong page of my passport and then tried to put the papers in the recycle box. (The buffoon copied a visa sticker from the middle of my passport thinking it was my data page because it had my photo on it!)

Had one bank in BKK years ago when the girl opened my passport she looked at me and walked into the Mngr's office and told me my visa had expired two years before. When I opened it the valid visa a few pages further on there was no 'oh sorry sir' just continuing offhand sourface service, because I pointed out their mistake.

29 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Had one bank in BKK years ago when the girl opened my passport she looked at me and walked into the Mngr's office and told me my visa had expired two years before. When I opened it the valid visa a few pages further on there was no 'oh sorry sir' just continuing offhand sourface service, because I pointed out their mistake.

Very professional! 

I once had a girl shout my account balance over to her friend across the room, accompanied by something along the lines of "oooh farang ruay". All the things I could have/should have done but in the end I was just too speechless to do anything but walk out shaking my head. 

Have to say I would have had the same reaction in your case too. There's just so many things wrong with this behaviour I wouldn't know where to start!

Edited by eeyang wah

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 7:04 PM, sandyf said:

I wondered about that but my wife told me on Tuesday that there were no desks on the Thai line, only gates. She came through in a couple of minutes and then had to wait in baggage reclaim.

May have  contributed to the increased queues.

there are desks exactly the same as the farang desks. They are where the Asean line is also. Once I had to move over to the next desk as the official didn't have the correct stamp

On 8/14/2017 at 0:17 PM, overherebc said:

When I opened it the valid visa a few pages further on there was no 'oh sorry sir' just continuing offhand sourface service, because I pointed out their mistake.

the thais view this as putting them down, westerners view as pointing out a mistake; BIG difference; thais are very insecure at the individual level; it is just who they are

9 minutes ago, YetAnother said:

the thais view this as putting them down, westerners view as pointing out a mistake; BIG difference; thais are very insecure at the individual level; it is just who they are

After more than twenty years here you are assuming I don't know that.

Going by your answer explain to me the 'correct' way, please.

20 hours ago, retoohs said:

there are desks exactly the same as the farang desks. They are where the Asean line is also. Once I had to move over to the next desk as the official didn't have the correct stamp

I will put it a bit clearer. On the day in question when I got to baggage reclaim I said to my wife that I should have come on the Thai side and she said that I would not have been able to as there were no desks in use for passport checking only the gates.

The Asean line was being used for foreign passports, I was stood at one of them.

On 8/13/2017 at 10:10 PM, Thian said:

I would like to know the rules for when a Thai wants to fly to Europe with SCHENGEN-visa.

My Thai familymembers and friends just did it, rented a car and drove around Europe. 

But they didn't get the invitationletter from a European so somehow they must have guaranteed themselves to have sufficient income.

How much money does a Thai have to show for a Schengen-visa from 3 months?

Varies from country to country, each has daily amounts.

Google Schengen visa financial requirements and you should find a chart.

20 hours ago, oldhippy said:

We travel to Europe and in Europe every year.

My wife has many stamps in her (Thai) passport - not 1 single European stamp, all Thai stamps! And she never has to fill in an arrival card when arriving in Europe.

Presumably, just landing cards.

)and, of course, Thai TM6 forms)