More traffic chaos coming to Pattaya as cable work set to begin

snoop1130

More traffic chaos coming to Pattaya as cable work set to begin

20507880_1613854061968855_5240686672831917068_o.jpg

The Pattaya authorities have warned the public to expect traffic problems for the next three months as cable work begins in Central Pattaya next week.

The local electrical generating authority is burying power cables in the middle of the road and there will be barriers and closures right up to Sukhumvit Road from the sub-station in Central Pattaya.

Work will begin next Tuesday and is expected to last for three months.

The electrical authority said the work will cause disruption to businesses and the public that use the area.

A meeting was held at the municipal headquarters attended by deputy mayor Apichart Wirapan where concerns were expressed and solutions discussed for the likely problems that will occur in the area.

There was some good news - the work is being done to stop power cuts in the area.

In total 1,100 meters of cable will be buried at a cost of 75 million baht.

Weary Pattaya folk commented online on Sophon Cable's Facebook page that they hoped the work would not drag on over schedule as is the case for the infamous Pattaya tunnel that is still unopened.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/STVPattaya/posts/1613854518635476

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-8-11

26 minutes ago, wpcoe said:

Interesting.  I never gave it much thought, but I assumed the cables would be under the sidewalks where easy access would be.  Live and learn.

They will just cut and bury, without further thought... And people will be wondering, why is there no electricity???:cheesy::cheesy:

1 hour ago, wpcoe said:

Interesting.  I never gave it much thought, but I assumed the cables would be under the sidewalks where easy access would be.  Live and learn.

Unless they got some cultural issue with walking on top of electricity .. You know what their like with feet and stuff 

Boy a lot of shops are going to be surprised.  I have seen lots of "T" connections, splices etc.  Putting meters in as they go?  And while buried cables are quite common, my faith in the Thai electrical companies is low.  Lots of rainwater and routine flooding there.

Glad they have waited for the new Klang/Suk junction to be opened. Would hate to think of the chaos they could have caused on that stretch from Big C to Suk had they decided to do this while nobody was using it.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

in the middle of the road? Is that normal for these sort of cables? how can they be accessed for any service or repairs?

It seems though that whatever road or infrastructure work is carried out on Thailand in general scant regard is given to the ramifications.

Businesses, road users (inc pedestrians) are in general just left to find their own way around the problems.

Safety issues, road cones and diversions seem to be an anathema to these folk.

Edited by cumgranosalus

32 minutes ago, cumgranosalus said:

in the middle of the road? Is that normal for these sort of cables? how can they be accessed for any service or repairs?

It seems though that whatever road or infrastructure work is carried out on Thailand in general scant regard is given to the ramifications.

Businesses, road users (inc pedestrians) are in general just left to find their own way around the problems.

Safety issues, road cones and diversions seem to be an anathema to these folk.

how can they be accessed for any service or repairs?

Easy! Dig the road up again, or even better, close the damned road. Make every bloody street a Walking Street...

On 8/11/2017 at 7:14 PM, snoop1130 said:

Weary Pattaya folk commented online on Sophon Cable's Facebook page that they hoped the work would not drag on over schedule as is the case for the infamous Pattaya tunnel that is still unopened.

You could stake your life on it!

Well, to shine a positive light...

They were laying the concrete on the Soi Siam Country Club Rd on Friday  near the Railway line bypass junction, so that should be ready for opening soon.... and access to the recently completed tunnel area will be easier for those up in the dark-side.  Mind you they might leave it completed and unopened for 3-4 months as seems to be the process.

Edited by jacko45k

Did they just wake up one morning and say to themselves we got to lay the wires underground.  They had 3 years to do it while they were digging the tunnel and traffic up and down Klang was reduced.

When it comes to digging in Pattaya, like on the Darkside, they might not like what they find?

When it comes to the tunnel, something is going on they not talking about? Maybe it is more " rogue water " they are finding under the tunnel. They have put nicely painted white use tires to close off the Klang at the top Sukhumvit.

I think it must all be done on purpose.

Today, I had some visitors from up north and I live on the darkside - the end of Siam Country Club Road. I said I would show them the way to Pattaya Klang, given you have to follow a diversion on SCC road, due to two years of disruption.

Anyway, we eventually got to the end of SCC Raod at the junction to Sukhumvit. I assured them the rest would be easy until, to my horror and embarrassment, the exit into Klang had been closed!, presumably to discourage traffic during the cable laying,

I simply could not grasp why they have decided to rip up Klang now we are near the opening of the tunnel.  Why, oh why, could it have not been done earlier when Klang traffic was light due to the construction of the tunnel???  

As I said, apart from being really pi..ed off, I think they must do it on purpose to keep traffic congestion/confusion as a permanent feature.

1 hour ago, emilymat said:

I simply could not grasp why they have decided to rip up Klang now we are near the opening of the tunnel.  Why, oh why, could it have not been done earlier when Klang traffic was light due to the construction of the tunnel???  

Exactly!!! The lack of planning/foresight in this city is unbelievable! I guess no planning/foresight means more projects, so more people can make more money.

On 8/13/2017 at 8:04 AM, thailand49 said:

Did they just wake up one morning and say to themselves we got to lay the wires underground.  They had 3 years to do it while they were digging the tunnel and traffic up and down Klang was reduced.

Yes, yes, yes it's unbelievable! I live on the east side off Siam CC so have been dealing with this crap for a few years; first Siam CC, then the tunnel project, now Pattaya Klhang. I guess the next obstacle will be the Pattaya Nua roundabout....let the fun continue!

Let me see if I have this right.

The object of the tunnel was/is to allow the 'through' traffic to avoid the Klang intersection. So, after the great day on 25th when the ribbon is cut, the through traffic from the Nua end will run into the obstacle of all those cars queuing to make a 'U' turn back up the other side to get on Klang.

As I've observed before, when setting out from the darkside to go shopping etc. in Pattaya, one really does not know what adventures lye in wait.