China's Xi says peaceful resolution needed for N.Korea nuclear issue

rooster59

China's Xi says peaceful resolution needed for N.Korea nuclear issue

640x640 (9).jpg

Chinese President Xi Jinping attends a news conference at the Chancellery in Berlin, Germany, July 5, 2017. REUTERS/Fabrizio Bensch/File Photo

BEIJING (Reuters) - The North Korean nuclear issue needs a peaceful resolution, Chinese President Xi Jinping told U.S. President Donald Trump in a telephone call on Saturday, and called on the "relevant side" to exercise restraint, state television said.

Trump issued a new threat to North Korea on Friday, saying the U.S. military was "locked and loaded", as Pyongyang accused him of driving the Korean peninsula to the brink of nuclear war and world powers expressed alarm.

Xi told Trump that it was in the joint interests of both China and the United States to achieve the denuclearisation of the Korean peninsula and protect peace and stability there, state television said in a brief report.

"The relevant side must at present exercise restraint, and avoid words and actions that exacerbate tensions on the Korean peninsula," the report paraphrased Xi as saying.

Resolving the nuclear issue ultimately needs to be done politically via talks, and China is willing to maintain communication with the United States on the basis of mutual respect to push for an appropriate resolution, Xi added.

Chinese state television cited Trump as telling Xi that he fully understands the role China has been playing on the North Korean nuclear issue.

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2017-08-12

Well lets see, China has said that if N Korea starts something they will stay out of it. However if the US tries for regime change then they won't allow it. Trump, who previously had an anti-war platform seems to have quickly changed his stripes, now makes Obama look like a pacifist.

A truly peaceful resolution and NK with no nukes would be:

US ending all the sanctions and imperial bullying

US pulling out of SK

Ending the state of war between SK/NK

Russia and China entering a treaty with NK to protect it from attack

Not gonna happen lol

More wishy washy Asian nonsense.  The "relevant" side is the one who's blathering on about shooting missiles at the Eastern Pacific, Guam, in addition to the ones he's already sent toward Japan.  I'm sure that's what Xi was referring to. 

29 minutes ago, 55Jay said:

More wishy washy Asian nonsense.  The "relevant" side is the one who's blathering on about shooting missiles at the Eastern Pacific, Guam, in addition to the ones he's already sent toward Japan.  I'm sure that's what Xi was referring to. 

Preferable to bellicose North American nonsense.

5 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The North Korean nuclear issue needs a peaceful resolution, Chinese President Xi Jinping told U.S. President Donald Trump

It's quite possible Xi has instructed his buddy KJU to conduct those missile tests to draw attention away from China's own agression in the South China Sea and on the Doklam plateau. And, the Donald has walked right into this one.

Edited by Dobredin Ghusputin

5 hours ago, Dobredin Ghusputin said:

It's quite possible Xi has instructed his buddy KJU to conduct those missile tests to draw attention away from China's own agression in the South China Sea and on the Doklam plateau. And, the Donald has walked right into this one.

Buddies? The two countries (China - DPRK) aren't keen on each other at all. This is a marriage of convenience. 

9 hours ago, 55Jay said:

Because that is what you want to see. In which direction should the DPRK test their rockets: Directly over South Korea? Over the Chinese or Russian mainlands? Or over the vast expanse of ocean to their east?

10 hours ago, Jdiddy said:

A truly peaceful resolution and NK with no nukes would be:

US ending all the sanctions and imperial bullying

US pulling out of SK

Ending the state of war between SK/NK

Russia and China entering a treaty with NK to protect it from attack

Not gonna happen lol

In other words, reward North Korea for repeated violations of UN resolutions, let it keep its nukes, and leave South Korea on its own.

I'd be curious to hear what South Korea would have to say about your proposal.

So China wants to wait until North Korea sends its first 4 nuke missles, then it will side with the USA and punish NK.  How nice, but how will Guam feel if one of the missiles actually hit it and kill a lot of people. Yes way to go China, threaten the US about a pre emptive strike and your cooperation,  Nice country you are China, too bad about your political bunch.

Way to go as well USA, I do hope you are ready to rock and roll if NK actually does have a small nuke ready to go.

Geezer

On 8/13/2017 at 0:17 AM, baboon said:

Because that is what you want to see. In which direction should the DPRK test their rockets: Directly over South Korea? Over the Chinese or Russian mainlands? Or over the vast expanse of ocean to their east?

In your opinion, is KJU a trustworthy guy?  Can we take him at his word?

43 minutes ago, 55Jay said:

In your opinion, is KJU a trustworthy guy?  Can we take him at his word?

I know the chap as well as you do...

However I do believe that they won't attack the United States first.

I get tired of world leaders speaking to the teeming masses as if we're toddlers. 'peaceful solution needed.'

duhhhh, of course.  As opposed to what?   .....fire and brimstone solution?

Oh wait, that's what Kim and Trump are proposing.   Ok, now I get it.  We've got two stupid kids in the sandbox ready to throw sand at each other, and a bigger kid comes along and says, let's not throw sand.

Who's the wise one of the three?   The bigger kid.  It's yet another proof how; every time Trump has an interaction with a world leader, he always comes away looking worse.  To look worse than Kim, you've got to be pretty darn bad.  That's why Trump spends half his waking hours playing golf.