Ex Chiang Mai mayor's son arrested in connection with "Hi So" cocaine ring

rooster59

Ex Chiang Mai mayor's son arrested in connection with "Hi So" cocaine ring

hiso.PNG

Image: Daily News

The son of a former Chiang Mai mayor and top local businessman has been arrested and implicated in a "Hi So" cocaine supply ring in the northern city.

Chiang Mai drugs suppression police raided four properties in the downtown area and San Sai and Doi Saket districts yesterday.

One of the properties belonged to Rachin Tantranon, 38, a member of the local administration who is the son of ex mayor of Chiang Mai and high profile businessman Worakorn Tantranon.

Police found a cache of guns and bullets some of which was not correctly licensed. Rachin was detained on charges related to having unregistered ammunition.

His computer and phone records were seized.

The moves by 50 officers yesterday followed the arrest on Friday of one man found with seven sachets of cocaine weighing 3.15 grams in a top-end car and two others with 20 grams of the Class One narcotic.

Phone messages on the Line app indicated others who are involved, said Daily News.

The arrests are part of an operation to bust a cocaine distribution network that was delivering the drug to high society customers at upscale entertainment venues in Chiang Mai.

Investigations are ongoing.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-08-12

6 minutes ago, connda said:

No 'pee tests' for the Hi-Sos.  Only pee tests for the little people and foreigner?  

Of course!

There are, obviously worldwide, different rules and application of laws for the rich and for the poor.

And rightfully so......

Edited by hansnl

12 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Some hi-so's must be really  sweating at the arrest of their supplier!

Perhaps he will make it off with a fine?....

hope  the fellow does not end up hanging on his necktie in jail, as it seems quite trendy with embarassing detainees!!

Your referring I presume to the convenient and profitable Thai - US prisoner elimination and share proceeds pact.

9 hours ago, trogers said:

Sure is silly. And your comments to my comments, since you don't know me either...

you've engaged me so I'm responding. That's different to making ignorant comments about people you only see from a distance. You won't be able to tell the difference, I know.

1 hour ago, Loaded said:

you've engaged me so I'm responding. That's different to making ignorant comments about people you only see from a distance. You won't be able to tell the difference, I know.

And you don't expect responses on your comments from people your don't know?

Thailand has over 40 years of elections. Show me an honest politician from the North.

Edited by trogers

I think you will find that it is about 25-30 years since a Tantranon was mayor of Chiang Mai, so please keep on topic. Just like everywhere, Chiang Mai has it's honest and not so honest local politicians, no different to anywhere else.