Spago is on the move

MeMock

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, retiredaamt said:

Anyone know when Spago new location will open?  I call the old number and got the restaurant across from the old Home Mart.  Their English wasn't good and couldn't give me an answer..

Early next month.

On 10/24/2017 at 8:31 AM, AliasJohn said:

We are hoping to open early November. We are close to finishing a huge renovation of the building and we are looking forward to open with a fresh new menu, longer opening hours and a few surprises for our guests.
I will keep you posted on our opening date.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/18/2017 at 9:03 AM, Michael Hare said:

<snip> ... moved up the road and built the Zara Doubletree hotel in very quick time. I was excited about this as I thought it was DoubleTree by Hilton and at long last an overseas hotel chain was coming to Ubon. Of course I was wrong. Zara Doubletree just used the Hilton name. 

<snip2>

I thought much the same when I wondered why Wolfgang Puck decided to open his first Asian 'Spago' in Ubon Rat.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 18/08/2017 at 7:50 AM, Michael Hare said:

Some people seem to thoroughly dislike Ubon.

Here is the latest from the thread about a young guy wanting to move to Ubon.

of all the places I have been  to in Issan Ubon was the worst. its neither pretty nor cosmopolitan.

Although I wish you good luck I too found Ubon the worst city in Issan. Utterly joyless. Will never return. Will never reccomend. But good luck anyway.

On 12/25/2017 at 5:49 PM, The manic said:

Although I wish you good luck I too found Ubon the worst city in Issan. Utterly joyless. Will never return. Will never reccomend. But good luck anyway.

As somebody who's been living near Ubon for 15 years, a statement that I can't really understand.

It's not only the locations you'll find, it's also the people you might, or might not know that make a place to a good one.

On 1/2/2018 at 11:59 AM, SantiSuk said:

Spago is moving - yawn!

Well you all thought it, but someone had to say it.. Well-loved but underutilised, by me as well, restaurant in its former format.

Wow. What an encouraging post Steve!!’

A quick up date..we had a couple of issues with some equipment. No point in opening if not up to speed with everything. The new year break has made it difficult to get what we need from Bangkok to make it perfect. We apologise as we thought we would be up and running by now. Some things are just out of our hands.
Very close now and I will advise you when we are open. We thank you for your patients and we Look forward to show casing the new Spago.
Regards Franco and John.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• 4 weeks later...

Archived