Region 1 Dvd

Valjean

I was ordering some DVDs on Amazon.com to ship here in Thailand. Amazon gave me a message that the DVDs were formatted for Region 1 and might not work here. What's the deal with this?

Most DVD's can be set to multi region. Have a look here. http://www.dvd.reviewer.co.uk/info/multiregion/hackable.asp

Edited by sumrit

I hope this facility will be available for the new generation of DVD players when they come out.

I consider it an outrage that the movie manufacturers tell me where I can play a disk that I have paid them good money for. :o:D

I hope this facility will be available for the new generation of DVD players when they come out.

I consider it an outrage that the movie manufacturers tell me where I can play a disk that I have paid them good money for. :o:D

As a general rule I've found that the cheaper DVD's are easy to switch to multi region but the major brand names such as Sony, Philips, Panasonic etc. are either very difficult or not switchable/hackable. So if your just looking for something to play DVD's from anywhere in the world just get a cheap unbranded model that you can switch to multi region.