High-speed railway project: China's loan terms rejected

webfact

4 minutes ago, zydeco said:

How are the Chinese going to do this? Invade? This entire Chinese boondoggle looks risky to me. China lends money to Thailand, which then uses the Chinese funds to pay Chinese companies, most of which are state backed firms. This to me sounds like a potential economic disaster if many of these countries getting Chinese money default in the wake of an economic downturn. And a lot of these countries on the receiving end of Chinese loans already are verging on being economic basketcases.

That's what happens when monkey's hijack then wanna drive the bus .. so to speak .. :ph34r:

_20170824_091722.JPG

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, zydeco said:

How are the Chinese going to do this? Invade? This entire Chinese boondoggle looks risky to me. China lends money to Thailand, which then uses the Chinese funds to pay Chinese companies, most of which are state backed firms. This to me sounds like a potential economic disaster if many of these countries getting Chinese money default in the wake of an economic downturn. And a lot of these countries on the receiving end of Chinese loans already are verging on being economic basketcases.

Bloomberg agrees with you: "The plan is a roundabout -- and dangerous -- way to reduce corporate debt."

https://www.bloomberg.com/gadfly/articles/2017-08-24/debt-swaps-open-pandora-s-box-for-china-s-banks

• 5 months later...
On 8/18/2017 at 7:48 AM, Justgrazing said:

Yes sure Japan have great experience and the kit you need for these things .. But the jobs going to China for reasons more than to do with quality and expertise .. take a long look at it and you'll see why .. :smile:

The fact that China already owns Thailand comes to mind