Sky New Live Stream YouTube Gone

BangkokNicky

A friend in Dubai has experienced the same. I wrote to Sky and asked why they were blocking it and after three days have received no response. Seems weird to me to produce something and then prevent people from seeing it. We live in a strange world. We also live in a VPN world so what exactly are they trying to achieve.

Like many of us, I went to watch Sky on YouTube last night for a live update on what was happening in Barcelona and discovered it was blocked in Thailand. Normally whenever there is a major breaking news story the number of people watching on YouTube quickly hits 20k+ but last night I didn't see more than 3k, after I changed to a UK IP, so licensing changes makes sense. 

19 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

Fox have taken this action for some reason. Strange, given that they virtually own Sky anyway. Forgive ignorance, but what is VPN ?

VPN = Virtual Private Network i.e. can be used to make someone think you are somewhere when you're not.

I guess they see themselves as running a business and not a public service. Fair enough I think. Pay per view I think it is called.

Not much different to the newspapers enticing people to view online. Only to find....the article you wish to view is for premium members only......sign on the dotted line along with credit card details.

Offer a free service initially to get market penetration.....then ask for money.

Edited by tryasimight

2 minutes ago, tryasimight said:

I guess they see themselves as running a business and not a public service. Fair enough I think. Pay per view I think it is called.

Not much different to the newspapers enticing people to view online. Only to find....the article you wish to view is for premium members only......sign on the dotted line along with credit card details.

Offer a free service initially to get market penetration.....then ask for money.

Except - you can't pay for their service unless you are in the UK. Which is where it is still free. Makes no logical sense at all.

2 hours ago, balo said:

Thread continues here 

Use a free VPN or pay for one. You will have access again . 

It's dumbed down media garbage. Unfortunately, It's still on my TOT iPTV box.