Looking to rent in Lam Plai Mat or Buri Ram

Billy Bloggs

Hi will be moving to the area in either October or November and doing my property search with a visit starting from the 19th of September.

Looking for mainly a place in Lam Plai Mat, it can be a shop house or a stand alone house either in the city proper or close in.

However if I cant find anywhere there I would also consider the same in Buri Ram or between Lam Plai Mat and Buri Ram.

Hopefully this finds someone who knows someone as that is how it works it seems.

If looking for long term rental the normal procedure would be to stay in a hotel for a period of time and travel around the areas to find places with signs and check directly with owners as that is how most rent and sales are done here - especially outside the main cities (where there are some agents - but mostly for overpriced properties).  

• 3 weeks later...

As with everything Thai it is easy but difficult at the same time, luckily had a SIL on the ground in Lam Plai Mat and she noticed new shop houses being built, we were lucky enough to get one of them so we will be living in the heart of Lam Plai Mat in a brand new building only drawback is it is on the main road so will see how it goes for noise but luckily not very expensive.

I was following you posting about Buriram Rentals and just read the outcome.

We are also interested in moving to that part of Isaan and wondered if you picked up any further info from the locals during your search.

I'm afraid that your location at around 35 drive away is too far from the city for my liking and would prefer anywhere within a 5 km radius of the city centre.

I have tried (unsuccessfully) to send you a personal email, but would be grateful if you could send me anywhere else you found.

Archived