10-Year Visas Now Available: Thai Immigration

webfact

10-Year Visas Now Available: Thai Immigration

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

Retirement-in-Thailand.jpg

BANGKOK — The much awaited 10-year visa for foreign retirees is now available, the top commander of the immigration police said Wednesday. , though staff seem to be unaware of the announcement.

Lt. Gen. Natthathorn Prohsunthorn said the new visa will come in two installments of five years each. It can be issued for foreigners from 14 countries who meet set conditions, such as having three million baht in bank account.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/business/2017/08/16/10-year-visas-now-available-thai-immigration/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-08-16

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

So this 10 yr visa (that is seems no immigration staff know about) comes in two 5 yr installments !! So it's a 5 yr renewable visa then ?

Where's the 5 yr visa for married or parents ? 

I agree completely, there are many retirees who no previous connection to Thailand and they get these privileges.
Whereas many (not yet retired) people who are married, having families and property(s)  are facing difficulties with visa(s), getting just 1 year visa

5 minutes ago, Diamondbob said:

people who are married, having families and property(s)  are facing difficulties with visa(s), getting just 1 year visa

A whole lot of people seem to get marriage extensions (not visas) without any problem. If you're facing difficulty getting a one year extension, why would you assume getting a visa or extension for a longer period would be problem free?

8 minutes ago, Diamondbob said:

I agree completely, there are many retirees who no previous connection to Thailand and they get these privileges.

I have no plans to apply for this visa, but why would you assume that many retirees have less of a connection to Thailand than you do. Many retirees are married to Thais and have children here. 

I have an eighteen year connection to Thailand and get retirement extensions every year. Why is someone who chose to get married so much more "connected" to Thailand?

From the OP link:

“It is now effective,” Natthathorn said by phone. “Foreigners can apply for it at their provincial immigration offices. For Bangkok and neighboring provinces, it’s at Chaeng Wattana.”

Although the new retirement visa has been available since Friday, Natthathorn said he has not seen any applications come across his desk so far.

I think it will be interesting to see how many of these visas are actually issued. Obviously when the immigration personnel catch up with the memo........................:wink:

11 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

Scams are so much a part of Thailand they can't even call a five year visa a five year visa.

Since it's stated clearly that it's for 5 years and renewable, how is that a scam? Advertising hype is hardly solely an invention of Thais and in this case it might be hyperbolic, but hardly deceptive to anyone who can read a few sentences without being overwhelmed.

Edited by Suradit69

7 minutes ago, ferguston said:

It will be interesting to see how many of the dodgy "visa agents" start to offer the 10 year visa along with their current "dodgy retirement visas ".

And how many dodgy farangs rush to their dodgy agents to try it on. 10 (or 5) years is a long time to spend hoping no one at immigrations or at a border crossing figures out that they got the visa illegally.

Well there is the first question is it a visa or a visa extension - based on?

And the second, what are the advantages of spending/committing all that money up front.

Who knows how long many of us will be here living  and breathing.

Yay!!! Let's all stick loads of cash in Thai banks in the hope that maybe we will get it back one day and it won't be appropriated and used to pay off some Chinese debts.

Same before, same now, same in the future - they don't want us here, they just want our money!

23 minutes ago, chrisinth said:

From the OP link:

“It is now effective,” Natthathorn said by phone. “Foreigners can apply for it at their provincial immigration offices. For Bangkok and neighboring provinces, it’s at Chaeng Wattana.”

Although the new retirement visa has been available since Friday, Natthathorn said he has not seen any applications come across his desk so far.

I think it will be interesting to see how many of these visas are actually issued. Obviously when the immigration personnel catch up with the memo........................:wink:

At 3000000 baht in the bank i guess not many applications