How many setv's allowed in 1 year?

There's no published overall limit.

Individual embassies/consulates can decide how many they will issue to the same person and may limit them.

The visa doesn't give any right to enter the country and, although it's unlikely, immigration could deny entry if they feel the person is not entering for tourism.

@tstcman  I suggest that the Laos Consulate think that you may be living in Thailand on SETV (I'm not accusing but that's what they might think!)

If you went further afield you may find a Consulate that would regard you as a Tourist. I get that from the many other posts on TV.......

I hear one can skip from 1 embassy to another. 4 in vientiane, 4 in savanakhet then go to another embassy. Is this true?

Sent from my SM-P355 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I'm not sure anymore I was told you can't do that anymore that they track it in their computer systems now.

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

15 minutes ago, Nesnaitsirk said:

Is this true ubonjoe?

As far as I know the MFA has no database of visas issued so I would say no.

I would not say that it would be possible to do it at Vientiane and Savannakhet though since they are both in Laos and the consulate in Savannakhet is under the embassy in Vientiane.

At other locationd it would not be a problem.

I would not say that it would be possible to do it at Vientiane and Savannakhet though since they are both in Laos and the consulate in Savannakhet is under the embassy in Vientiane.

Where would be the best embassy to go to for an setv besides savanakhet and vientianne? More farang friendly?

Sent from my SM-P355 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

7 hours ago, Nesnaitsirk said:

I hear one can skip from 1 embassy to another. 4 in vientiane, 4 in savanakhet then go to another embassy. Is this true?

Better would be 1 from each in the region, then come around for a 2nd pass, ready to get a new passport from your embassy as soon as you get the dreaded, "This person frequently..." stamp.

17 hours ago, tstcman said:

Yeah I got 4 single-entry tourist visas in my passport. And the last one the Consulate in Laos said I couldn't get any more. And that was four in a two-year period. They put a stamp on the side of the Visa saying that I had too many. So basically I learn don't Press Your Luck

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

How many of them are issued at Vientiane. All?

16 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If they aren't tracking visas issued; wouldn't a simple non law breaking solution be to get 2 passports?

4 hours ago, kurtmartens said:

If they aren't tracking visas issued; wouldn't a simple non law breaking solution be to get 2 passports?

Depending on the policies of your country, that will work for obtaining new TR Visas from nearby consulates.  Serial-passports work the same way - just get a new one when you get the "This traveler frequently...." stamp. 

But changing passports will make no difference to Immigration at the checkpoint, who will see all your entries.  It is, therefore, wise to use known-friendly points of entry.